Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1200215 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8190 on: May 04, 2012, 05:51:43 am »

mig blaze vs team op is live at the moment, should be entertaining:
http://www.ognlol.com/index.php

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:03 am »

The new jungle isn't a place for ganking junglers with the prominence of champs who love to instantly nuke the entire jungle (Shyv, Mundo) or champs who want to duel with you (Shyv, Mundo....).

God dammit, this is so true. You make me feel like a try hard fuck for maining her.

if I could actually sit in lane or in jungle with fiddles, I would totes call you out.

but it's like, if you aren't playing the super-strong junglers, you aren't really jungling.

Just a fith wheel out on a limb that can't gank or push.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: May 04, 2012, 08:32:30 am »

I'm playing on the EU-NE server since a while back. There's quite a few Polish people who have a hard time with english there but at least they don't curse at everyone too often (I think).

Then again, I've not played that many games yet so perhaps all hell breaks loose once I get to 30?  :-\

Just discovered dominion is pretty fun too. You're stuck with people for a much shorter time if things go bad. I've no idea what champions are good here, though it seems like some would have a great advantage. Any suggestions?
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: May 04, 2012, 10:48:29 am »

I'm playing on the EU-NE server since a while back. There's quite a few Polish people who have a hard time with english there but at least they don't curse at everyone too often (I think).

Then again, I've not played that many games yet so perhaps all hell breaks loose once I get to 30?  :-\

Just discovered dominion is pretty fun too. You're stuck with people for a much shorter time if things go bad. I've no idea what champions are good here, though it seems like some would have a great advantage. Any suggestions?

Well, one route is always to get a speedster like Master Yi, Singed or Teemo and just build for movement speed (5 Phantom Dancers and Boots of Mobility), with Ghost/Revive. Instead of fighting, you just zoom through the jungle for whatever point they're not actively defending. Doesn't require a lot of coordination with others, and it'll drive the enemy team nuts.

More traditional route is to send one tanky character bottom, and the other four top. AoE bursters (Nunu, Malazhar, Viktor, etc.) do well early on when everything is grouped up and you get that early teamfight up top. But then as matches go on (at least pub matches), it kinda disintegrates into chaos and you're better off with somebody who can hold their own in small 1v1 or 2v2 skirmishes. I find characters with a lot of stuns to be effective, cause you can try to stun an enemy in range of your tower (and if combined with Garrison, can put a world of hurt on a champ).

Just remember that kills (champ and minion) are not nearly as important in Dominion. They still help, don't get me wrong, but everybody steadily levels up regardless and kills don't take you out of commission nearly as long. Also, because there's far less minions to farm, items that need to get fed like Warmog's/Archangel's/etc aren't as useful IMHO. (braces for the cries of NOOB from the veterans)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:58:20 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:07 am »

I seem to recall (haven't played in a while, DOTA2) that warmog fed on kills and assists as well so that would still make it useful in dominion ^^

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: May 04, 2012, 11:31:11 am »

Except that Warmog's is disabled on the Crystal Scar.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: May 04, 2012, 11:37:38 am »

Assassins tend to do well in Dominion. Katarina, Talon and Akali are fun to play there. And Poppy is blatantly OP in dominion. High mobility champs like Rammus and Hecarim are good to have too. Strong pushers like Yorick, Malzahar and Heimerdinger tend to do really well in the bottom lane. I also find that is tremendously useful to have a tanky character top who can tank turret fire. Malphite and Nautilus are my favourite to play in Dominion.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: May 04, 2012, 12:20:58 pm »

DOH...how could I forget Rammus? Powerball FTW.

Hey....maybe there's a niche for Hecarim on Dominion.

Now that's got me curious about how Karma would fare up top as a support. Win that first teamfight, and you have a distinct advantage.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:18 pm »

Anyways, Noc might still have a place as a pubstomper, but in organized play with counterpicks, he gets destroyed. The new jungle isn't a place for ganking junglers with the prominence of champs who love to instantly nuke the entire jungle (Shyv, Mundo) or champs who want to duel with you (Shyv, Mundo....).

The thing is that one of the ways to resist getting counterjungled is to gank a lot, and Nocturne is the premier ganking jungler. Not that this means everything, but Elementz has him second only to Mundo on the jungle tier list. Stonewall's also got him in god tier.

He might not be able to beat up Shyvana and Mundo, but you're really overestimating how much those two matter. Viable tank junglers prove that if you've got enough utility to be useful even when Mundo and Shyv beat you around a bit, you're still worth picking, and Nocturne can definitely do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8199 on: May 04, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »

I played Heca for my first time. He is fun as fuck.

Pop up Revive, Ghost, Youmuu, Shurelya and E and get +300-250 AD from passive (Not to forget you move +1000 units per second for a while too...)

Also, the enemy Kayle was the best one I've ever seen.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: May 04, 2012, 03:08:15 pm »

Its quite suprising that someone who calls themselves Teh Best is actually the best.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8201 on: May 04, 2012, 03:48:47 pm »

Its quite suprising that someone who calls themselves Teh Best is actually the best.
Yeah. Also, Taric's name.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: May 04, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »

God dammit, this is so true. You make me feel like a try hard fuck for maining her.
It's k if it's Shyv. She actually has counters. (Mundo, Jarvan, Lee Sin...). GL countering Mundo short of excellent play. One can stay on par with him, but one does not simply beat Mundo in the jungle.

The thing is that one of the ways to resist getting counterjungled is to gank a lot, and Nocturne is the premier ganking jungler. Not that this means everything, but Elementz has him second only to Mundo on the jungle tier list. Stonewall's also got him in god tier.

He might not be able to beat up Shyvana and Mundo, but you're really overestimating how much those two matter. Viable tank junglers prove that if you've got enough utility to be useful even when Mundo and Shyv beat you around a bit, you're still worth picking, and Nocturne can definitely do that.
I wasn't championing Shyv and Mundo like they are the end all answers to jungle. They're just both great examples of control and farmer junglers due to being hybrids of them, which is what makes them so dominant. Lee Sin (And I've already had my bitch about him), Skarner (Oh god the slows and why can't I run and oh god hi skarner's team I missed you brb cleanse + qss not enough), Maokai (STOP FLINGING PLANTS THEY HURT + endless utility), Naut (Who needs damage I control your every motion) and more are all extremely powerful in the jungle. However, 100% success rate is key for any ganking jungler, and Nocturne doesn't bring it. He brings a small amount of utility, but not enough to justify picking him over someone like Udyr who can gank and keep tabs on their jungle if not both jungles easily.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: May 05, 2012, 09:35:45 am »

It's k if it's Shyv. She actually has counters. (Mundo, Jarvan, Lee Sin...). GL countering Mundo short of excellent play. One can stay on par with him, but one does not simply beat Mundo in the jungle.

I wasn't championing Shyv and Mundo like they are the end all answers to jungle. They're just both great examples of control and farmer junglers due to being hybrids of them, which is what makes them so dominant. Lee Sin (And I've already had my bitch about him), Skarner (Oh god the slows and why can't I run and oh god hi skarner's team I missed you brb cleanse + qss not enough), Maokai (STOP FLINGING PLANTS THEY HURT + endless utility), Naut (Who needs damage I control your every motion) and more are all extremely powerful in the jungle. However, 100% success rate is key for any ganking jungler, and Nocturne doesn't bring it. He brings a small amount of utility, but not enough to justify picking him over someone like Udyr who can gank and keep tabs on their jungle if not both jungles easily.

I dunno. Nocturne still stomps in soloqueue because his ganking is supreme. With a decent amount of timing (which I will probably never have), you can be right there ganking out of almost literally nowhere at the slightest misstep of the enemy. He gives your teammates plenty of time to react, too, unless they have 750 ping or something.
Also often called Boowells.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:32 am »

Thanks for the tips guys!

Played around with Poppy a little and it seems to work pretty well, especially in the beginning.
What kind of items are good for dominion? So far I've started out with prospectors blade and boots + 2 pots and then built for triforce but I've no idea if that's a good choice or what to build after that. The suggestions are all Ability power-ish items if I recall correctly but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not either.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1067