Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1200771 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8205 on: May 05, 2012, 11:47:09 am »

10/5/10 as jungle Jax last night. I really underestimated taking exhaust/smite, and it got my team so many kills. Flash is for losers.

I wasn't championing Shyv and Mundo like they are the end all answers to jungle. They're just both great examples of control and farmer junglers due to being hybrids of them, which is what makes them so dominant. Lee Sin (And I've already had my bitch about him), Skarner (Oh god the slows and why can't I run and oh god hi skarner's team I missed you brb cleanse + qss not enough), Maokai (STOP FLINGING PLANTS THEY HURT + endless utility), Naut (Who needs damage I control your every motion) and more are all extremely powerful in the jungle. However, 100% success rate is key for any ganking jungler, and Nocturne doesn't bring it. He brings a small amount of utility, but not enough to justify picking him over someone like Udyr who can gank and keep tabs on their jungle if not both jungles easily.

Nocturne has some of the best ganking utility out of any jungler. As much as some of the CC-oriented tanking junglers, but also with significantly more damage than they bring. His ultimate has enough range to hop walls and wards, and his sticking power is almost as good as Sejuani and Skarner.

He can transition into any number of builds depending on how you're doing due to his ridiculous base stats allowing him to do whatever he wants, either fulfilling a more DPS role or a more tanky role depending on what your team needs. His CC shield is a strength no other viable jungler has, meaning that he can gank lanes that would normally be very difficult such as Lux or anyone else with long ranged CC.

Nocturne might not have the ridiculous specializations that other junglers have (though his ganks are almost as strong as some of the most powerful ganking junglers) but his near complete lack of weaknesses makes him still a great choice. Yeah, he might not be your first pick, but he's a great secondary choice to fall back on in most situations.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:49:44 am by penguinofhonor »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: May 05, 2012, 11:54:27 am »

The new jungle isn't a place for ganking junglers with the prominence of champs who love to instantly nuke the entire jungle (Shyv, Mundo) or champs who want to duel with you (Shyv, Mundo....).

God dammit, this is so true. You make me feel like a try hard fuck for maining her.

if I could actually sit in lane or in jungle with fiddles, I would totes call you out.

but it's like, if you aren't playing the super-strong junglers, you aren't really jungling.

Just a fith wheel out on a limb that can't gank or push.
Or maybe I just needed raise fear on jungle fidds. Dark wind works about as well on minions as wet tissue paper.

Got some mojo back.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8207 on: May 05, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23978292#post23978292

Here is a poll I made. It is "who are the most anti-fun champions to play against". I'd like if you voted.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: May 05, 2012, 04:36:01 pm »

Here is a poll I made. It is "who are the most anti-fun champions to play against". I'd like if you voted.
In a serious poll, the answer would be obviously Yorick.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »

Thanks for the tips guys!

Played around with Poppy a little and it seems to work pretty well, especially in the beginning.
What kind of items are good for dominion? So far I've started out with prospectors blade and boots + 2 pots and then built for triforce but I've no idea if that's a good choice or what to build after that. The suggestions are all Ability power-ish items if I recall correctly but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not either.

I like to start with sheen and 2 points in Q for the proverbial "tons of damage". After triforce, I generally go for a hextech gunblade if things are going well.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: May 05, 2012, 11:01:06 pm »

In a serious poll, the answer would be obviously Yorick.
The only Anti-fun is Anti-Mage I hate that guy.....of wait in league nocturne because he kills my fps 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: May 06, 2012, 03:14:52 am »

Thanks for the tips guys!

Played around with Poppy a little and it seems to work pretty well, especially in the beginning.
What kind of items are good for dominion? So far I've started out with prospectors blade and boots + 2 pots and then built for triforce but I've no idea if that's a good choice or what to build after that. The suggestions are all Ability power-ish items if I recall correctly but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not either.

I like to start with sheen and 2 points in Q for the proverbial "tons of damage". After triforce, I generally go for a hextech gunblade if things are going well.
Thanks, I'll try that next time.  :D
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: May 06, 2012, 11:40:21 am »

Poppy is easily one of the oddest champions. She has this weird penchant for being kinda derpy and just kinda... scoring multikills. She is pretty much impossible to tower dive, too. I've gone 14/2/0 as her in the first 20 minutes, and been like "Wait why are they surrendering..." Then I'd look at the after game scores and been like "Oh. Huh."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: May 06, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »

I'm glad Poppy's laning phase is weak because there is nothing more unpleasant than being the carry and having a fed/farmed Poppy on the other team. You're either dead or running every single teamfight because Poppy fits the role of anti-carry better than any other champion in the game.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: May 06, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »

One problem I always find with Poppy is that most people max Q first. I discovered a while ago that maxing W first is godlike. Armor + AD for free? kthx. It's basically Fiora's W, but with bonus movespeed and all time damage reduction instead of one time damage reduction. W makes laning just that much more bearable.
Another neat Poppy trick: Ult their support, not carry. 8 seconds of free damage and no getting cc'd is delicious.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: May 06, 2012, 12:59:28 pm »

I've vote Riven as one of the most un-fun to play against, honestly.  I don't think I've seen a bad Riven in a while.  Me and a friend played several games in a row and every game that had a Riven (it was always the other team, naturally) they got themselves farmed good and ended with 15+ kills.  Heck, I even went against one Riven in top lane as Wukong and she won anyway.  I could blast away a lot of her health with Q, then suddenly she'd do the same with her Q and keep coming, while stunning, while shielding, while dashing.  She even tower dived me at level 3, easily.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: May 06, 2012, 01:13:52 pm »

Fight Riven with Irelia. Even in her current mostly useless state, she still takes a nice steamy dump on riven.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: May 06, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »

Fighting riven head on is harsh, try to bait her into waisting her shield... but yeah, I wouldn't mind if she had 1 sec more cooldown on her 3 part combo.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: May 06, 2012, 03:34:35 pm »

Riven is hard to beat up top. I imagine a good Teemo or Kennen could give her a hard time with their ranged harass. They also have speed boosts to avoid her gap closers. Renekton can do well against her too, but you have to be very aggressive and shut her down early because she scales into late game better than he does.

I think the champion I hate laning against the most is Yorick. His early harass/sustain is just way too annoying. On the upside even if he beats you in lane you can still come back and beat him later because he falls off pretty hard.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: May 06, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »

Like I said, the answer to Riven is Irelia.

As for least favorite champ, Lulu.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1067