Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233870 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8235 on: May 08, 2012, 08:38:18 am »

I'm still more afraid of Kog'Maw's bio arcane barrage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:14 am »

Lately I'm winning games that I have no right winning. 1/7/6 as Garen last night before enemy surrender. Was paired with a total trololo Brand who was more ineffective than I was, and getting our asses handed to us by Blitzcrank and Jarvan. Brand rants at me for not saving him after he wandered too close and got grabbed into the bushes and whaled on by the two of them. But yet, Blitz and Jarvan pretty much content themselves to hugging their tower or hanging out in the bushes. No tower push and we're mowing down their minion waves, so it's a stalemate up top and we're pretty quickly back up to near their level.

Meanwhile, the rest of their team is apparently epic bad and has lost mid and bot lane. Eventually we start getting help from the rest of our team and begin getting some kills. Suddenly, GG.  ???

Tonight will be the last of my IP boost wins, so then I can go into a flurry of games...yays. Gonna have about 4000IP to burn too. Still not sure what to do with it...my runes got upgraded, and while I could in theory use a 3rd runepage, I don't min-max my runes enough for it to be a real need. I have two pages: one for regular champs (variety of runes, but mainly AS and penetration), and one for Garen (remove all mana-related runes and focus on cooldown reduction).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: May 08, 2012, 04:41:08 pm »

I'm still more afraid of Kog'Maw's bio arcane barrage.
Oh god, Varus is going to be like release Vayne. I'm already terrified of the max hp %...

Kog'Maw has the benefit of a much longer range and being able to simply right click, rather than having to hit you three times then land one of his three skillshots.

I like Varus, and like seeing lots of bad ones (on the enemy team, since I usually attempt to pick him when queuing with friends) but I severely dislike the free Vlad week. Too many playing the already easy champion.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »

Yeah, now that the number's live, it doesn't seem that bad. Kog gets more.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: May 08, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »

I dunno....Varus seems pretty damn strong from what I've seen. Just got done with a game where one went 36/1/3.

Three words: Nerf. That. Shit.  :o

But YMMV...couple of other times he's seemed mediocre. But no utter fails yet.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8240 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:44 am »

I dunno....Varus seems pretty damn strong from what I've seen. Just got done with a game where one went 36/1/3.

Three words: Nerf. That. Shit.  :o

But YMMV...couple of other times he's seemed mediocre. But no utter fails yet.
The first Varus I saw was in our team. He went 0/11 in 20 minutes.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:38 am »

I've been thinking about the Riven vs. Irelia match up that was talked about a page or two back, and I've played it from both sides a few times lately. It feels like from Levels 1-6 Riven has the advantage, but after that if Riven hasn't managed to pick up a kill then the advantage swings to Irelia because of her built in sustain. But Riven can really snowball if she gets that first kill on Irelia.

It has actually changed what summoner spells I take on Irelia, I used to always go teleport + flash (don't want to miss any of that precious CS), but in facing champions like Riven who usually take offensive summoner spells like ignite I've found that the champion who has ignite wins because early on the fights can be very close.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: May 09, 2012, 07:22:27 am »

I go Tele/Exhaust on Irelia and I can deal with riven level 1. Keep running, bitch! B)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: May 09, 2012, 07:57:11 am »

Varus Dominion Trip Report, since I know that's what you're all secretly longing for.

He's pretty good  :) I can't help but want to reach through the screen and slap his stupid face, though. He also walks like he had a toilet accident in his pants, but oh well, retribution is hard, you can't always take 15 minute breaks.

I decided to go with Prospector's + Boots -> Infinity Edge -> Phantom Dancer -> the four games I played never got further. Skillwise I took all skills at start, then maxed R->Q->E->W, since it goes better with the build, Q apparently hits for 500+ damage pre-damage mitigation when charged to the max, only I can't really get used to the projectile speed and often miss by several nautical miles, but when I hit it's all good.

He doesn't have an escape, but luckily is pretty cool for sieging since you can just hang back and Q people in the face, jumping in to autoattack when an opportunity presents itself. An 3-stack W + Q combo can do a ton of damage, too. His ult is easy to land and while I've never had it root more than 2 people, I suspect in Baron and jungle fights on SR it's gonna be really useful. Also it may be possible to do a decent AP build, since W scales with AP percent-wise.

I'm going to try a more aspd-focused build later today, but so far I've had decent success with the above. One thing you can do really well is interrupt capture attempts, especially if the enemy does not have a movement skill and you can just run around, or if he's too stupid to realise what is going on (don't laugh, I had that happen today - enemy mid, I was hiding in the E-section, killed an Ashe twice and almost killed an Irelia, but the game ended.)

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this blind buy, since I love champions with long-range skillshots. Curious to see what the next champion will be. I remember reading (perhaps on SA? No idea) that it's gonna be another AD carry, but this time with "an interesting mechanic" and focusing more on autoattacks.

edit : Tried going Phantom Dancer first, then IE - got no kills at all at the start, but kinda helped the team clean up, not really satisfied. Tried also taking Zeal first, then IE, then PD, seems a lot better, but I might stick to IE first.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:44:24 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8244 on: May 09, 2012, 09:30:02 am »

Our Kat was present at champion select, but didn't choose anyone
He was AFK until about 10 minute mark, when he came back and fed Pantheon
I asked why he was away

He said
that he was
playing on

Facebook
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:02 am »

He said
that he was
playing on

Facebook
ಥ_ಥ

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8246 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »

Has anyone of you got any IRL friends that just try to make you feel worse, because they suck unless they're fed or have Leblonk/Voli? Mine QQ at me going shit like 'u always sound so cockeh when u b fed', Today, they said that when I had 2 kills and 3 assists. I was a Soraka that barely used my Q on them, and only a occasional silence. Not only that, but the other times it has been a Tank/Cannonfodder game for me, because I was just aiming to faggit up bot solo against their bot-carries... And they think i'm a noob because of that. Before I decided to be kind, and actually played it in a 'Oh so what, it's a game, I don't care if I win or lose but I might just win anyways' I had a very high K/D ratio as Pantheon, and could easily 1vs3 three of my friends. Now that i've tried to learn new characters against this dude (That actually tries to make me feel worse the most), and died as an assassin against Voli most of the time, he claims me to be unskilled, and can only be something if fed... Yeah.

Also, in a match where we had one newbie each, I was with an E-friend of mine I know I can trust in the game.  Well, I was going top on TT and just slapping minions with my swordspear, kill the Newbie-Ahri, then headed bot(JUST Autoattacking). They complained that I was a cheapshot that couldn't play fair... and yet they were finishing Hecarim(our newbie) and Vayne while they were solo(AND KEPT DOING THAT ALL GAME!). The whole game they QQed about me not being fair, and me being mad. This is the point that I literally didn't give a crap about them because those two are main jerks and asstards.

So yeah, anyone of you got friends like that? And know of any way to fuck up Volibear? I'd try lifesteal, would that be a good idea? Since no matter what technique I use (Even Olafs Reckles swings) I can't really take him down even a BIT without going down first.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:53 pm »

Voli falls off hard mid/late game unless fed hard.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: May 09, 2012, 04:28:13 pm »

So yeah, anyone of you got friends like that? And know of any way to fuck up Volibear? I'd try lifesteal, would that be a good idea? Since no matter what technique I use (Even Olafs Reckles swings) I can't really take him down even a BIT without going down first.

Don't duel him. Consider him, pre-6, as you would Tryndamere, post-6. Early levels, he's pretty much invulnerable without a really good gank. Ignite hurts him pretty hard, though. Send a mage up top who has CC, like Ryze or Veigar. Ryze is probably best because nothing beats instant-snare-CC, but you can make do with Swain or so. Or Morgana.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: May 09, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

Voli falls off hard mid/late game unless fed hard.

This is true.

However, he's a monster early on. And a Voli with a full item build is unstoppable.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1067