Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233926 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8295 on: May 17, 2012, 08:05:12 pm »

I'm making a prediction here and now.  Darius will have a short-ranged aoe line-ish skillshot where he slams his axe down toward the cursor.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: May 17, 2012, 08:12:07 pm »

Like I said, for sprint see Shyvana. Except her sprint does damage. And we all know that even with plenty of damage, Shyv is still an absolutely terrible ganker. And autoattacks aren't worthy much if you can only get one or two in before they use their escapes and you can't do anything about it because you're completely dependant on your lanemate for cc.

I'm not denying poison does damage. But it doesn't do enough to justify it over, say, Phoenix autos.

It's fine if you want to play teemo jungle, but don't go telling other people it's good.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: May 18, 2012, 12:45:58 am »

I'm making a prediction here and now.  Darius will have a short-ranged aoe line-ish skillshot where he slams his axe down toward the cursor.
Not quite.  He has an ult that does true damage and refreshes its cooldown if he kills with it.
    Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his to target bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
    Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
    Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
    Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
    Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.
He looks like another very sticky AD champ.  I'd bet that even if you manage to escape, his passive's damage over time plus an ignite will finish off anyone under say, 300 hp that gets away.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: May 18, 2012, 01:51:52 am »

Darius looks fun. I don't really see where he's going to go, though. I guess just solo top, maybe jungle. But his Q almost seems like it was designed to be worse in the jungle, given that the shaft is probably going to hit the jungle minions meleeing you.

His passive helps, though, especially against camps. It's like a reverse Fiora passive, except you can actually get the full benefit of it against minions. His W helps against big camps and with ganking, and his E helps ganks too.

His ult sounds like it'll help ganks out too, depending on the range. You run in, attack them and get the passive stacks up, and then when they blow their escapes you counter with your ult.

He looks like another very sticky AD champ.  I'd bet that even if you manage to escape, his passive's damage over time plus an ignite will finish off anyone under say, 300 hp that gets away.

I'd put him on medium-light stickiness.

Melee Stickiness Tier List:
Tier 1: Skarner, Sejuani, Nunu, Mundo, Gangplank, Shaco, Lee Sin
Tier 2: Blitzcrank, Yorick, Singed, Udyr, Xin Zhao, Nautilus, Nocturne, Jarvan
Tier 3: Darius, Leona, Pantheon, Amumu, Trundle, Nasus, Garen, Tryndamere, Olaf
Tier 4: Jax, Talon, Poppy, Shyvana, Warwick, Fiora, Renekton, Irelia, Wukong
Tier 5: Sion, Cho'Gath, Shen, Riven, Master Yi

I make no claims that this is accurate at all.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:06 am »

He reminds me of Axe kinda too bad that spin not a passive he look pretty fun though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:53 am »

I'm so done with trying to jungle in Solo Queue. Junglers -always- gets blamed. It's fucking ridiculous. Here is the scenario.

I just got to Silver status, pretty happy about it too until I encountered this game. I picked Nocturne, seeing how we needed a jungler. I was counterpicked by Lee Sin because my team didn't feel like it was necessary to ban him. We prepped to guard blue and take it, when Tristana disconnects. Naturally, I tell myself it's gonna be cool and she's gonna be back. I do wolves, take blue, and she's still not back. I hover my way to bottom lane to defend the turret against Sivir and Sona. Naturally, all I can do is hug because they are both ranged and I can't do anything about it.

Meanwhile, Lee Sin uses this and counterjungles the HELL out of me. Tristana comes back 6-7 minutes into the game. I go on my merry way, trying to clear the camps so the respawn timers can begin. I get this furious pinging up top from our Malphite who's gotten Olaf down to 25% health. Problem? I was level three. I sat in lane, sure, but I couldn't do -anything- against the high damage of these two. I told him I would be right there after level four. What does he do? He goes for it. Balls deep. He ends up giving up "FIRST BLOOD" to their Lee Sin.

Then ensued the "BG, JUNGLER NOOB". So I hover my way up top to last hit and LEECH some EXP off the minions at the tower. He then goes "BG, JUNGLER PUSHING LANE". At this point, I've had it to up here with him. I decide to keep farming, there's nothing I can do. Bot begins pinging like her house is on fire. I told her I'm not level six yet but she insists on me ganking. I told her that with the sliver of health I had left, that's not possible, let me back first or at the very least, play passive until six cause I was almost there. What does she do? Balls deep. She jumps in, the support pings her out, she keeps going for it. Sona ulted.

She proceeded to RAGE the entire game. Saying that she was done and that our jungler was a noob. She AFKed at base, tossing insults against me while I tried desperately to defend the other turrets with my teammates. She said that had she been jungler, she would have done TEN times better, criticizing the hell out of me. Naturally, I got mad. I worked hard to get to this elo and now some FUCKTARD is going to ruin it cause HER computer decided to stall when the game started. How are you going to expect your jungler to gank if he's getting counterjungled up the rear cause of YOUR DC?

Point is... it sucks and I'm never doing it again. I told everyone on the enemy team to report Tristana. I even pleaded. No one did, they just instantly queued again. It's so fucking frustrating. I'm back to bronze now... and I no longer have the ambition to play. Working so hard for something only to have some asshats criticize you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:30:15 am by xDarkz »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:30 am »

General question, because the few times I've played LoL didn't have much in the way of communication, but... isn't there a mute/ignore feature? Stuff like what you just spouted, Dark, would have me using the hell out of that. Just a short message to the rest of the team that I've muted person X and please relay anything tactically important.

I've always found mute to be one of the most useful communication features in a multiplayer game :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: May 18, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »

TBH, I'm getting tired of all the junglers coming out. It's basically Riot's way of sticking in champs that don't really have anywhere else to go. Everybody can jungle, stop making champs specifically for the jungle when all they'll do is get outshined by champs not made for the jungle.

What does Hec do? IDK, but Riot's happy to put him in jungle.

What does Shyv do? IDK, but Riot sends her off to the jungle.

What do Volibear and Sejuani do? IDK, but Riot ships them off to the Congo.

Every other champ is a "jungler" these days. I really don't see what your problem is, penguin.

Also, this post is a lot more rabid in retrospect than I thought it'd be. I guess I'm still a little bitter over the "Yay everybody gets to jungle now" remake the jungle got a while ago.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: May 18, 2012, 06:28:04 pm »

To be fair, I think Darius is primarly going to be a solo top.

The problem isn't really in the jungle remake at all. It was the Volibear patch, right? Since then, I think only Sejuani wouldn't have been able to jungle pre-remake. The same tools are viable now as they were before - tankiness, AOE damage, sustain.

The order of viable junglers shuffled around a bit (see: shyvana) but it's not like a bunch of bad junglers became competitive all of the sudden.

The problem is just in how lanes and roles are typically set up. A team wants to have an AP carry, AD carry, tank, support, and tanky DPS. They also want a top, mid, jungle, and two bot.

The dynamics of mid and bot lock the AP, AD, and support there, so the only real room for variety is in the jungle and top, with the tank and tanky DPS. What I really want Riot to do is push for variety by making some more AP junglers or something like that. I will admit the jungle remake killed the only viable mage jungler, though. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Every other champ is a "jungler" these days. I really don't see what your problem is, penguin.

Also, that was a joke. I won't be satisfied until every champion is a viable jungler, so I can play all of them. Bwahaha!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8305 on: May 18, 2012, 06:28:37 pm »

2 days ago I saw a Shyvana who died to Lizard at level 1.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:52 pm »

The dynamics of mid and bot lock the AP, AD, and support there, so the only real room for variety is in the jungle and top, with the tank and tanky DPS. What I really want Riot to do is push for variety by making some more AP junglers or something like that. I will admit the jungle remake killed the only viable mage jungler, though. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

The only viable mage jungler? Cho'Gath and Malphite are viable mage junglers. They're tanky mages, yeah, but their AoE kills off creeps fast. Not as fast as Shyvana, but Cho'Gath certainly is a viable jungle if you feel like it. Hell, Stonewall has a single episode all about Cho'Gath's power in the jungle, but that's probably because Cho is still an uncommon jungler. Fiddlesticks is still possible, but you need to be a good jungler to make him work. He can invade greatly against enemy jungles that don't have CC.
Also often called Boowells.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: May 18, 2012, 07:15:38 pm »

2 days ago I saw a Shyvana who died to Lizard at level 1.
I read this and realized that you're level 30 most likely.

How do you even die to jungle creeps at level 30. I can see that happening to a level 10 noob who's never even seen a jungler in a game before but really. How the fuck does that even work.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8308 on: May 18, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »

The only viable mage jungler? Cho'Gath and Malphite are viable mage junglers. They're tanky mages, yeah, but their AoE kills off creeps fast. Not as fast as Shyvana, but Cho'Gath certainly is a viable jungle if you feel like it. Hell, Stonewall has a single episode all about Cho'Gath's power in the jungle, but that's probably because Cho is still an uncommon jungler. Fiddlesticks is still possible, but you need to be a good jungler to make him work. He can invade greatly against enemy jungles that don't have CC.
I think you meant Maokai.
If you did, yeah, Maokai is helluva jungler. Better jungler than laner IMO.
If you did mean Malphite, he is an awesome jungler but not as a mage. In fact, he isn't a mage at all.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: May 18, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »

He probably meant Maokai, but I've seen Malphite played tanky mage. I think it was before some subtle stat tweaks and I guess it's not how he's typically played competitively, but yeah. I guess it'd be nice for him as an AP jungler that his Q applies a slow and scales with AP.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1067