Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233666 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New tribunal keeps sending me to a recess page about 1/3 of the time I try to vote, so I'm going to take a break for a day or two.

Lyte mentioned that he wants to remove the IP rewards since apparently they "attract the wrong crowd". His replacement idea is an occasional report card telling you how good you are at using the tribunal, and maybe forum badges or other purely cosmetic rewards. I understand where he's coming from, I guess. Not sure how the alternate rewards would compare though.

Just got to 30 and checked out the tribunal. Is it normal that the reports you get to look at are from january?  ???
It could have been just a few of someones reports, but I can't remember.

The tribunal shouldn't be backed up that much, but it's definitely possible.

I'm not a particular fan of removing the IP bonus, but the IP bonus is minuscule anyway.
Also often called Boowells.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darius is good.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Darius is good.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The problem is, he is too good.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I just had an amazing idea. I had was in a Yi/Trynd lane, and that 5 minute tower was delicious. Then I thought about it some more.

WWYDI: Yi/Trynd/Fiora/Sion/Gangplank team. You could substitute GP or Sion for Mundo with his 100 AD Steroid, even though it's off 1/6 of the time. But I'd just love to see an all melee AD carry team.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had an amazing idea. I had was in a Yi/Trynd lane, and that 5 minute tower was delicious. Then I thought about it some more.

WWYDI: Yi/Trynd/Fiora/Sion/Gangplank team. You could substitute GP or Sion for Mundo with his 100 AD Steroid, even though it's off 1/6 of the time. But I'd just love to see an all melee AD carry team.

SPLIT PUSH ALL DAY TAKE ALL TOWERS.

Pop out of the jungle randomly and instantly take a tower.

To be honest, I think they should do away with "hemorrhage stacks = bonus damage on ult" and instead make it mandatory to have max stacks on the target to use his ultimate. It might make a bit more sense.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:13:12 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

SPLIT PUSH ALL DAY TAKE ALL TOWERS.

Pop out of the jungle randomly and instantly take a tower.

To be honest, I think they should do away with "hemorrhage stacks = bonus damage on ult" and instead make it mandatory to have max stacks on the target to use his ultimate. It might make a bit more sense.
That sounds like an excellent idea. Or alternatively, something like -10% or -15% damage for every hemorrhage stack missing missing, so like full stacks = 100% dmg, only 3 stacks = either 80% or 70% damage, and no stacks = either 50% or 25% damage, depending on the numbers.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why oh why do the lowest people in my solo queue list insist on playing the most important roles and proceed to go 2/8/0 twenty minutes in :(. I understand they want to have an important impact on the outcome of the game, but saying "AD/Mid/Solo-top is the only role I can play, sorry," is counterproductive and it gimps the team. I just lost silver for the second time :(.

I managed to shut Fiora down at top, but Ezreal went 9/1 and proceeded to pewpewpew our team into oblivion. The game before that, we were ecstatic when we got first pick and no one banned Morgana. Our second to last member told us he would love to play her. We trade with him and he fed Sion around 6 kills. Morgana vs Sion... :/.

On another note, Darius is the most broken champion we've had in a while.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

GUYS!
 Let me share my excitement~
 A few months ago I first tried LoL, but sucked hilariously at it (1/10 k/d's) and decided to quit since I was pretty much just a burden on every team I've played with.
 However, I got interested again and decided to re-install LoL yesterday.
 First round as Varus. Lame k/d. A bit confused about skills I should take and what stats I want.
 Second round. I know what goes well with what, still some difficulty with stat balance.
 Third round:

I take top, Yi and Graves take bottom. I keep insisting that I NEED a tank, since assassins aren't good at solo. Well, let's hope I just get matched 1vs1 against Yi or Riven, perhaps I can take them on.
 Wrong.
 Alistar and Yi coming this way, Riven takes bottom row. Alistar gets too close. Auto-attack, auto-attack, he is at ~50%, gets a few hits on me, I'm almost dead. I retreat, he decides to risk and gets too close to the tower. Now down to 10% health, I catch up and get first blood. Level up, now I have both blighted quiver and piercing arrow. Yi is grinding minions. With Living Vengeance active, basic attack x3, piercing arrow, DOUBLE KILL~. Getting back to base to heal and buy stuff. Kept buying almost exclusively attack speed items, so blighted quiver would stack faster.
 Riven is owning my allies in bottom lane (GUYS YOU'RE 2vs1 THIS IS WRONG). Yi says screw this and goes bottom. My team's Yi disconnects, but Graves does a good job at keeping bottom lane secure. Alistar tries again and again to kill me, but I have superior range, speed and can slow. After ~7 Alistar kills, I get my attack speed to insane levels and even Alistar, being a tank, dies to me in ~3 seconds. I easily destroy everything in the top lane, Yi goes back to top with Alistar to keep it safe, I use the opportunity to destroy everything in bottom lane. I get killed two times by Yi, by far the best player on the other team, but we have super minions on both lanes and my team's Yi and Graves have everything covered. During the final minute we didn't even try to kill champions because we did insane DPS to their final structure thingy (I need to learn how it's called).

tl;dr, I learned that not dying is more important than killing, stopped being a noob, learned to love the game, blighted quiver + attack speed build owns.

HUGS and/or BEER FOR EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:57:16 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

GUYS!
 Let me share my excitement~
 A few months ago I first tried LoL, but sucked hilariously at it (1/10 k/d's) and decided to quit since I was pretty much just a burden on every team I've played with.
 However, I got interested again and decided to re-install LoL yesterday.
 First round as Varus. Lame k/d. A bit confused about skills I should take and what stats I want.
 Second round. I know what goes well with what, still some difficulty with stat balance.
 Third round:

I take top, Yi and Graves take bottom. I keep insisting that I NEED a tank, since assassins aren't good at solo. Well, let's hope I just get matched 1vs1 against Yi or Riven, perhaps I can take them on.
 Wrong.
 Alistar and Yi coming this way, Riven takes bottom row. Alistar gets too close. Auto-attack, auto-attack, he is at ~50%, gets a few hits on me, I'm almost dead. I retreat, he decides to risk and gets too close to the tower. Now down to 10% health, I catch up and get first blood. Level up, now I have both blighted quiver and piercing arrow. Yi is grinding minions. With Living Vengeance active, basic attack x3, piercing arrow, DOUBLE KILL~. Getting back to base to heal and buy stuff. Kept buying almost exclusively attack speed items, so blighted quiver would stack faster.
 Riven is owning my allies in bottom lane (GUYS YOU'RE 2vs1 THIS IS WRONG). Yi says screw this and goes bottom. My team's Yi disconnects, but Graves does a good job at keeping bottom lane secure. Alistar tries again and again to kill me, but I have superior range, speed and can slow. After ~7 Alistar kills, I get my attack speed to insane levels and even Alistar, being a tank, dies to me in ~3 seconds. I easily destroy everything in the top lane, Yi goes back to top with Alistar to keep it safe, I use the opportunity to destroy everything in bottom lane. I get killed two times by Yi, by far the best player on the other team, but we have super minions on both lanes and my team's Yi and Graves have everything covered. During the final minute we didn't even try to kill champions because we did insane DPS to their final structure thingy (I need to learn how it's called).

tl;dr, I learned that not dying is more important than killing, stopped being a noob, learned to love the game, blighted quiver + attack speed build owns.

HUGS and/or BEER FOR EVERYONE!
The word you're looking for is Nexus.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nexus worth 50g.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

tl;dr, I learned that not dying is more important than killing
No
Dealing immense amounts of damage is more important than not dying

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

tl;dr, I learned that not dying is more important than killing
No
Dealing immense amounts of damage is more important than not dying
The people who say that are usually the ones that feed someone until there is no chance of victory. : V
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

We pretty much all agree that AD carries who obsess over not dying are worse than useless. Your job is to get in there, ace them, and kill the nexus, not to make sure your positioning is spot on while your team fights 2v3/4v5.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

We pretty much all agree that AD carries who obsess over not dying are worse than useless.
Not "obsess". More like "doesn't charge into unwinnable situations". I mean, you can just rush and die in most modern games, but in LoL, getting killed cripples the entire team. I didn't just sit in one place. How else would I get 10 kills?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty easy, all the extremes fail;

-Hiding and being useless to the team ad (-> This includes you, 274 farm vayne that did not take part in a single teamfight)
 --- and you, I don't initiate tank
----- and you, i only move to teamfights if all enemys are under 50% hp to finish them off and act like i did all the work - darius/yi

---I NEED THAT KILL OMG U KS > suiciders

--- K/D is all that is important, omg, nubs, stupid 0/3/23 soraka!!!!1111

Really the last one annoys me the above... you don't relise that the 0/5/whatever person that actually keeps 4 out of 5 enemy champions busy so you can free farm and take 3 towers is helping you more then you can tell... or that guy that died to make sure you get baron... or that "nub" blitz who grabs a enemy and dies instead of allowing your ad with a killing spree to die (150 < 500 g)

Lets take all randrom, all mid for example. Aura items are extremely cost effective in that (since you nearly always have 5 champs near you, so they are easily the best item to get if you want to win. If you want good k/d on your own person, then you get damage items and you lose, but sadly 80% of the pubs i am forced to play with choose personal victory (hurr i am better then that guy, lulz) over actual victory (thats when the nexus of the other guys explodes).

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1067