Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233939 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9945 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:15 am »

I love how everyone was like "Eve sucks" after the remake, and now AP Eve with deathfire grasp is FOTM and winning a majority of her matches.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:34 am »

Everything is op with dfg. I could play ap riven, grab dfg and lichbane and be set. Items that effectively raise your ap ratios are great and people are just now picking up on it.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: September 17, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

Indeed, I sincerely think, and have for a long time, that DFG needs a big fat nerf. Something in the lines of removing the cdr from it.
It's such a stupidly amazing item there aren't many mages where it's not a good idea to buy it.

I don't see lich bane built to often, not really have an opinon.

Or Old-Bloodline Champions :( Woe is me, why did they add so many changes when I never had the good PC to enjoy old BLC.

Count yourself lucky, by not having played it then I'm sure you don't miss it quite as much as I do.  :'(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:57:45 am by Jelle »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: September 17, 2012, 12:20:39 pm »

Lichbane TF is just evil but I wouldn't say Lichbane is OP, the great thing about Lichbane though it that it allows AP mages to push towers quickly as AD carries.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

Lich Bane is really narrow. You have to be spammy like Eve or have an on-hit like TF. A lot of AP champs can get it lategame, but it's really hard for it to be core on anyone unless they're capable of sitting on sheen.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: September 17, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »

One thing people haven't picked up on yet is that rushing lichbane is extremely powerful on some champions. For example, Chogath is downright devastating  if he rushes it.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: September 17, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »

One thing people haven't picked up on yet is that rushing lichbane is extremely powerful on some champions. For example, Chogath is downright devastating  if he rushes it.

What's your reasoning?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: September 17, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »

What's your reasoning?
Experience. I have no theory crafting behind it, nor is there any. But it works. And it is scary. I learned it from playing with a Cho who was legendary by 15 minutes, never turned back.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »

What? At 80 AP, you're getting as much or less damage than you would from Sheen, and spending three times as much money. The movespeed helps, but you should have masteries and movespeed runes for that purpose, and swiftness/mobility boots if it really makes a difference. Hell, Cho has the highest base AD at level 18, so I'm not even sure why you'd bother with the Lichbane until lategame or at all if you're building tanky.

You're gonna have to try really hard to explain that one to me.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: September 17, 2012, 04:52:37 pm »

*ducks*
I already said, there's no logic behind it. I just works. Try it, then report back. Maybe I'm gimping myself, but it works for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: September 17, 2012, 05:28:17 pm »

That's almost as bad as the time I saw someone grab Lich Bane on Ryze...

I almost ragequit. I was so mad. And for those of you thinking it might be good, it's not. You'll only get about 200-300 AP from your stuff, and you are usually too busy hitting spells to proc it. You also forfeit a tanky item for it, and you're pretty full usually. Sadly, Triforce would probably be better, because you are getting very minimal AP on Ryze, and it's only better because of the tankiness, since you're rarely auto-attacking.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: September 17, 2012, 06:06:54 pm »

But did you win?

Also, I think that frostshotgg is talking about building lich bane not on pure tank Cho'Gath, but on tanky AP Cho, in which case he would have much more AP than the 80 from lich bane.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: September 17, 2012, 06:10:37 pm »

Oh yeah, I guess I should have made that clear. I play a top lane Cho. Boots1>LB>Sorc>Rylais>FH>Abyssal>Rabadons/GA dependent on whether I'm fed enough to justify the loss of tankiness.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: September 17, 2012, 08:34:03 pm »

Who said they wanted a monster champion? EVERYONE? REJOICE!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-sneak-peek-%E2%80%93-khazix-voidreaver

Assassin, evolutions? Maybe multiple skillsets? Or a lame-ass shapeshift? Maybe a triple shapeshift? Noone knows!

edit : Come to think of it, we now have both Space Marines and Tyranids... so Riot, where mah Orks at!?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:36:45 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:32 pm »

Maybe it's a branching deal? Like, if you take QWER, you have one set of skills, but WQER and it's completely different.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1067