Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233802 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9960 on: September 17, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

*ducks*
I already said, there's no logic behind it. I just works. Try it, then report back. Maybe I'm gimping myself, but it works for me.

Y'see, Cho's actually in a really good spot right now if you play him right- nobody sees it coming and few know how to stop him from snowballing. Only problem is, alert players are pretty good at dodging ganks and handling Cho, so he loses a bit of presence in big fights if you're not calling the shots. He makes for a great jungler when he doesn't get counterjungled. Still, lichbane is a very bad item to grab. Try the sheen after the RoA, perhaps.

I hope to God that Cho doesn't get nerfed. He's one of the only not-support champions I can play and do well with. I was good with him BEFORE the remake, but now, for me, he's just "wait, I have middle lane? TAKE CHO AND NOM NOM."

I'm not even joking. I've played mid Cho'Gath less than 10 times, but I have like a 100% win rate with him. I even broke a TT losing streak with Cho'Gath.

As for Lichbane, I'd say it's probably subpar. Cho'Gath's cooldowns are just so long. Yes, if you blow everything, then all you can do is auto-attack, but still. Actually, now that I think about it... if you just space out your CC, you can REALLY blow up the AD carry. Stomp your way in, AoE rupture to catch a bunch of people, auto the carry, silence, OM NOM, dead. I probably wouldn't place it above Abyssal, though. Abyssal's MR is nicer. The mana comes in handy, but Cho usually grabs a Frozen Heart anyway. (it's just so good!)

Lichbane would probably be a decent endgame item, maybe, if you manage to avoid being focused. RoA, Frozen Heart, and Lichbane can help Cho's mana stockpile.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: September 18, 2012, 09:17:03 am »

Cho is *definitely* not in line to get nerfed, unless there's some serious upset involving him at the S2 championships. I think the CC bots (Alistar, Blitz, Naut.) and possibly ranged ADs (Depends on how the S3 itemization is changed. Xeph is promising some serious items change, and he's expressed a lot of displeasure with the fact that IE/PD is basically required) are next in line, but I don't think tanks with only 1 or 2 hard ccs and a slow are on the chopping block. Except for Malphite, but that is because the meta is range AD-centric and everything that can reduce their effectiveness by 50% is powerful. And maybe Shen. And as usual, tops are only being balanced against other tops, which gives Cho an edge because he's made to be in top, not the jungle, so there's that.

However, take all of this with a grain of salt. I'm not psychic, I can only say based on what I know, and some of the S3 changes might go in a completely different direction from where I think it will.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:20 am »

Kha'zix looks like a boss. I hope his skillset is wacky.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: September 18, 2012, 01:51:46 pm »

Fascinating, but bah, another assassin?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: September 18, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »

Better than another Generik McTanky I say.

Also I finally got fed up with Riot's free rotations and blind-bought Cassiopeia for Dominion top purposes. Man I'd forgotten ap carries can actually be fun! So much sustained damage, it's insane. Sadly I can't get used to her lack of escape and CC, apart from her ult. However if you want a pretty good sustained magic damage carry, Cass can certainly deliver.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:49 pm »

Better than another Generik McTanky I say.

Also I finally got fed up with Riot's free rotations and blind-bought Cassiopeia for Dominion top purposes. Man I'd forgotten ap carries can actually be fun! So much sustained damage, it's insane. Sadly I can't get used to her lack of escape and CC, apart from her ult. However if you want a pretty good sustained magic damage carry, Cass can certainly deliver.

Cass + Singed or Teemo is hilarious btw

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: September 18, 2012, 05:45:47 pm »

Assassin, evolutions? Maybe multiple skillsets? Or a lame-ass shapeshift? Maybe a triple shapeshift? Noone knows!

From what I know how it works is whenver he gains a point in his ultimate the next ability he uses will be permanently upgraded.
That's 3 ultimate ranks so he can upgrade a single ability to full potential and another half or have all abilities upgrades halfway.

If I'm not mistaken his q gains range and on second upgrade additional aa damage
The armor buffs on hit passive component stack higher and ultimately do not disappear when he activates the ability.
And the with upgraded leap he grows wings and leaps further and fully upgraded stuns (not sure) on impact.

From what I know anyway, he's not out yet for some time so who's to say.

About cass, she's my main ap for sure. Although she plays more like an ad with great early but not nearly as devestating late, the way she's all about sustained damage.
Better yet if the ult is well landed you should have no problem dealing with high damage squishy targets (unless they're smart and get qss) and beefy bruisers alike due to the sustained damage potential. Throw in a bit of spellvamp (quints and wota) and low damage bruisers don't stand a chance.

I highly suggest buying rylai sceptre asap on her, it gives her a much needed slow. That and the speed boost on q means you can kite like no tomorrow while laying down the damage.
As a third item It's usually tied between wota and deathcap depending on lineup and how the game goes, I used to buy abyssal sceptre as well but I'm not so sure after its nerf.

Cass is awesome, definatly favorite mage.
I like syndra a lot to but it seems she is simply not viable and in need of buffs. Base dmg on the ult is nice but that's all she has going for her.
Cass' ult on the other hand can be game changing if used correctly.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:21 am »

Carried so freakin' hard as Xin Zhao last night, 25/4/5. Felt good, because it was the first time I'd really had a good game with him since the rework. I believe my previous problems were all in the progression I built my skills (tended to neglect E), because I was still thinking in terms of old Xin Zhao. Gonna have to spend some time with him and see if I can reliably duplicate that result.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

Send Xin mid, and its impossible to not get fed.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: September 19, 2012, 01:46:36 pm »

Xin is entirely too strong since the remake... whether in jungle or as a top, his presence in lane, gap closer/slow, increased attack speed, and the fact that his Q can easily help him do over 300 damage at level one is ridiculous.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05:10 pm »

Think I started by laning bot with Warwick, against Ashe and somebody else....first kill on Ashe about 1:30 mark. Never looked back and just snowballed. W+Q+E+Ignite if they actually manage to disengage and start running. Double-plus good if the E is out of a bush.

I don't think I ever fully appreciated before, the value of gap closer abilities to a melee champ.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: September 19, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »

I still don't get the hate on Xin... He was as OP before his remake, you just needed a IE and you would rape hard because somehow the damage from Q would multiply as well. Sure, now you're able to build differently on him... but he still violates your enemies hard with IE. (Same thing with Eve, get her a Shred item and she dominates hard too, unless facing a heavy CC champ.)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: September 19, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

Assassin, evolutions? Maybe multiple skillsets? Or a lame-ass shapeshift? Maybe a triple shapeshift? Noone knows!

From what I know how it works is whenver he gains a point in his ultimate the next ability he uses will be permanently upgraded.
That's 3 ultimate ranks so he can upgrade a single ability to full potential and another half or have all abilities upgrades halfway.

If I'm not mistaken his q gains range and on second upgrade additional aa damage
The armor buffs on hit passive component stack higher and ultimately do not disappear when he activates the ability.
And the with upgraded leap he grows wings and leaps further and fully upgraded stuns (not sure) on impact.

From what I know anyway, he's not out yet for some time so who's to say

Can we get a link for this? I'd love any more details.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:01 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/khazix-voidreaver-revealed

Khazix revealed. He seems like what Riot wanted Rengar to be. Including an ult that it a carbon copy of his.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: September 19, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »

Oh fuck yes, he's insanely awesome sounding, like Rengar but better in every way. But he does sound hard to master, quite a lot of choices to make, not all of them will be clear, I expect a lot of folks will either fail or do brilliantly with him, mostly fail.

I was thinking about getting two runepages with the current bonus thing but I won't probably make it, and will have plenty to get him by the time he comes out.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1067