Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233906 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - World Finals Hotfix - 1.0.0.147
« Reply #9990 on: September 21, 2012, 01:19:31 am »

LoLDrop finally killed, sorta. You'll still lag/dc, but the game won't end.
Irelia is more sexualized than Vayne's Valentine skin. Again, sexy librarian, at best.
I don't think you realize that sexy librarian tickles many many fancies and tickles them hard. Besides, Frostfire Irelia doesn't count. One skin vs. Vayne's everything.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: September 21, 2012, 01:23:52 am »

Irelia is more sexualized than Vayne's Valentine skin. Again, sexy librarian, at best.
I don't think you realize that sexy librarian tickles many many fancies and tickles them hard. Besides, Frostfire Irelia doesn't count. One skin vs. Vayne's everything.
'Fraid not. I just used that as an example. Sivir is more sexualized than Irelia. Sexy librarian is okay for Vayne. That's fine. But she's not more sexualized.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:45 am »

I think there's a place for a monstrous support or monstrous female characters, but that place is not Soraka. Goats are not cool. The goatier you are, the dumber you look. And they actually made her outfit less revealing. I think any perceived extra sexualization comes from her no longer being too ugly to even attempt sexualizing.
Old Soraka managed to be not particularly human without being particularly goatlike, I think. Now she's a sexy babyfaced elf with goat shins and a horn.

And if nothing else, I'd argue that if you release a character who's supposed to be sexy, and it turns out they're too hideous to count, redoing them to be sexy still counts as redoing them to be sexy, not just updating them like they already were but not screwing up this time.

What's LoLDrop? Quick check suggests it's some sort of DDoS, but no details.

That's not saying anything. Teemo tickles some peoples' fancies hard. Amumu tickles some peoples' fancies hard. Darius's axe, bereft of Darius, probably tickles some peoples' fancies hard.

If it exists, someone's into it. That's not the same as doing so on purpose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:34 am »

You don't need to sexualize sexy librarians. They're one of the best self sexy-fiers in the world of common fetishes. If you like sexy librarians, then there's no way to unsexyfy them. End of story.

Ninja edit: Sexy librarian actually is a common fetish, though. There are a *lot* of people out there who get the sexy librarian thing. It's very black and white who gets it and who doeSnt.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: September 21, 2012, 02:26:33 am »

Guys guys, everyone knows Cassiopeia is the most sexy female champion.
Before her fateful transformation she was a seductress/spy for chrissakes!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: September 21, 2012, 03:08:29 am »

It's not that bad, sure it's moving her slightly with the current trend they have (which is rather bad) but I don't mind her that much. What I do mind is what they did to Morgana, she had two spalsh art updates, each one being more ridicilous than the last, heck, the current one is clearly painful and unnatural looking and I can't think of any reasons why they did it (since the last one was a few months ago, many others haven't seen a single change since they came out).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: September 21, 2012, 03:31:25 am »

You don't need to sexualize sexy librarians. They're one of the best self sexy-fiers in the world of common fetishes. If you like sexy librarians, then there's no way to unsexyfy them. End of story.

Ninja edit: Sexy librarian actually is a common fetish, though. There are a *lot* of people out there who get the sexy librarian thing. It's very black and white who gets it and who doeSnt.
Eh, I guess that's plausible.

It's not that bad, sure it's moving her slightly with the current trend they have (which is rather bad) but I don't mind her that much. What I do mind is what they did to Morgana, she had two spalsh art updates, each one being more ridicilous than the last, heck, the current one is clearly painful and unnatural looking and I can't think of any reasons why they did it (since the last one was a few months ago, many others haven't seen a single change since they came out).
Oh hey, I never knew about the original. In their defense, it was pretty ugly.

I like her newest one, though; I really don't see what's wrong with it. I liked the old one too, and agree that it probably didn't need to be replaced just on quality, but I don't think the ulterior motive ruined anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: September 21, 2012, 05:08:35 am »

I'm not a big fan of the direction they took with the Soraka art remake. I've always envisioned her as a more mature and dignified character. Oh well. She's my least favourite support to play anyway.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: September 21, 2012, 06:09:28 am »

First off... Irelia is not really more sexualised than Valentine Vayne, or Kitty Kat Katarina, or Cop Caitlyn or whatever.

That's not really my point. My point is, check out the male models. We have Gragas. We have Urgot, Ezreal, Taric, Mundo... they cover the entire spectrum from monster to rugged handsome. And it is cool.

Now look at the female models. We have Zyra/Diana/Syndra who look so similar Riot had to retroactively change one of Diana's skins. We have Sona, Sivir... they run the entire gamut of Sexy Lady to Sexy Lady, with a bit of Innocent Child on the side. Nothing else. No big, imposing warriors, no disfigured assasins. Riot considers Zyra a monstrous champion. Anivia is the only one, because she's a bird. Orianna, Vayne and Riven are the only ones who are at least clothed, but we got Bunny Riven and Valentine Vayne.

Now check out Bloodline Champions.
This is the Guardian. She is a tank : http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_guardian.php
She is big, imposing, obviously a tank, and yet still obviously a woman.

This is the Nomad. She is a ranged attacker : http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_nomad.php
She is slender, agile, and still obviously a woman.

This is the Alchemist. She is a healer : http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_alchemist.php

This is the Ravener. She is an AD carry : http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_ravener.php

Each has a different profile and figure. I can't find a picture of the Female version of the Blood Priest to further illustrate my point - she is UGLY.

I just want diversity among the female skins. I'm not gonna whine about Riot's sexualisation, because... well, others have whined better than I could. I just want diversity. Or more accurately, I just want the Guardian :( God damn do I love the Guardian's design.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: September 21, 2012, 07:45:14 am »

Graven shining the BLC signal means I have to throw in my 2c. First of all, in that game there are male/female (non-skins) of every character. Typically they do not change a whole lot from their baselines - the female blood priest is one of these, and because the male blood priest is morbidly obese ( http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_blood_priest.php ) the female one is still morbidly obese. Or take the Vanguard ( http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_vanguard.php ) whose female version is not any less imposing.

To complete the picture, let's rattle off all the other female bloodlines of the game. Only showing a portion might convey the wrong impression.

Gunner is a ranged DPS. http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_gunner.php
She has a very distinctive silhouette and is fully clothed, yet is still recognizable as a female because of her long hair, her long skirt and her face, which is feminine but also distinctive.

Dryad is a healer. http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_dryad.php
She is the token child, and because of her hood you only know she's a girl for sure after you hear her (very feminine) voice.

Metal Warden is a tank, although in a more supportive, ranged role. She doesn't really fit into the four-class system. http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_metal_warden.php
Her distinctive silhouette comes from metallic spiked shoulderpads, boots, gloves, and also the red lines running down her body (as well as a metal spine). Her primary garments are a breast plate, tight pants and metal glove things, which makes her one of the more revealing characters in the game while in LoL she could probably pass as one of the less revealing ones.

Psychopomp is a healer. http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_psychopomp.php
Fully clothed, unmistakeably female nonetheless, is distinctive because of that headdress and messy hair.

Stalker is a Melee DPS. http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_stalker.php
In this case it's all about her stance, as it is unlike any other in the game, thus making the Stalker, well, someone who visibly stalks for one. Feminity is achieved through cleavage, hair and face, but she is still pretty well-covered. Do note that most female bloodlines have rather distinctive faces.

Lastly, you should probably cut League some slack with their character designs, though. It is a lot harder to make 100ish champions distinctive from each other than it is for 25 Bloodlines. Furthermore BLC has a well-established tribal style with subdued colors, which might be an advantage versus the cartoon-ish, colorful style of League when it comes to making women women without relying on exaggerated figures and revealing clothing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: September 21, 2012, 09:36:28 am »

First off... Irelia is not really more sexualised than Valentine Vayne, or Kitty Kat Katarina, or Cop Caitlyn or whatever.
I only stated Vayne because it's true. Vayne has sexy librarian down. That's it. Whoop-de-doo. I used Irelia because she's way less sexualized than most champs. I mean, there's way more champs sexualized than Vayne, and that's what I'm pointing out. Vayne isn't a good choice for some trio of over-sexualized champs. You're better off with Miss Fortune or Sivir, who are just boobs with faces.

Lastly, you should probably cut League some slack with their character designs, though. It is a lot harder to make 100ish champions distinctive from each other than it is for 25 Bloodlines. Furthermore BLC has a well-established tribal style with subdued colors, which might be an advantage versus the cartoon-ish, colorful style of League when it comes to making women women without relying on exaggerated figures and revealing clothing.
Uh, no. There is a VAST variance in male characters that is lacking in female character models. You can make them look distinct very easily. And without the need to sexualize them. Long hair is a pretty defining secondary sexual characteristic that's hardly used separately by Riot. Long clothing is also. Bare midriffs. Eyelashes. Even the faces are different. Poppy is a great example. Her ponytails show she's a female, right? That's easy to do with a human too. How do you know Annie is female? Dress. Hair. Tristana? Face.

It's easy. It's just not used.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: September 21, 2012, 09:39:24 am »

Kayle, Zilian, Maokai, Singed and a rand. pup - makes for a pretty fun game, as a early kayle ult makes the enemy blow everything on a angry tree without any effect and then he just comes back for more, killing enemys 3 towers deep while staying untouchable :3

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: September 21, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

I only stated Vayne because it's true. Vayne has sexy librarian down. That's it. Whoop-de-doo. I used Irelia because she's way less sexualized than most champs. I mean, there's way more champs sexualized than Vayne, and that's what I'm pointing out. Vayne isn't a good choice for some trio of over-sexualized champs. You're better off with Miss Fortune or Sivir, who are just boobs with faces.

Uh, no. There is a VAST variance in male characters that is lacking in female character models. You can make them look distinct very easily. And without the need to sexualize them. Long hair is a pretty defining secondary sexual characteristic that's hardly used separately by Riot. Long clothing is also. Bare midriffs. Eyelashes. Even the faces are different. Poppy is a great example. Her ponytails show she's a female, right? That's easy to do with a human too. How do you know Annie is female? Dress. Hair. Tristana? Face.

It's easy. It's just not used.

First off, you did realise I'm talking about THIS VAYNE, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And no it doesn't matter it's just a skin. It's a skin because Riot explicitly decided "yeah this is a cool look for Vayne". I know it's a joke, but where's Male Model Garen?

And for your second point, that's exactly what I was trying to say with my hugeass post. Check out the Bloodline Champions female character design. Focus on just clothes and sillhouette. Now compare with LoL. Leona's the best female design Riot have done, and that's one out of how many?

I just want variety. Because believe it or not variety's never bad. This is why Riot caught a bit of flack with the release of Darius/Jayce - they're extremely similar, and similar to previous champions like Garen. This is why people loved Draven, because he got style. Now check out Diana/Zyra/Syndra.

All's I'm saying is I liked Soraka's design because it was different. Sure, her gameplay is abhorrent, but I liked her appearance and her lore, to the extent one can like Riot lore.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:31 am »

I have noticed most of the really new splash arts coming in with the newest patch are... kinda' terrible, at least the ones I've actually noticed. Overly sexualized, maybe? I kinda' detest what they did to MF. But whatever, I guess.
To be fair, the old Miss Fortune splash art had her licking her lips. But yeah, I'm meh about the new splash art (which I see a ton of, as MF is one of my mains).

They should make "Romance Novel Cover Taric" or "Poolboy Garen" (his sword could be one of those pool-skimmer things). Lee Sin and Mundo are the only ones I can think of that do the whole bare-chested thing (and the latter is blue and has needles sticking out of him)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: September 21, 2012, 11:30:32 am »

You forget that Tryndamere and Varus are also bare-chested, although the latter has a horrible corruption covering half half his body.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1067