Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1201318 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7920 on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »

So, you know those games where you're facerolling, and take a 10 minute tower? I've always wondered what you do after that. You can't go mid and push2win because nobody has any big items, so what are you supposed to do?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7921 on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:48 pm »

Nunu can jungle at level 1.  There have been periods where Shaco could jungle at level 1 too.

Fiddlesticks can also jungle at level 1, or at least he could in the old jungle.

None of them are really worth it though, they still have problems and at level 1 there's no way your ally's gonna be able to survive a 2v1.
All of Nunu's jungle sustain comes from consume, and that doesn't even heal much, just deals damage. The cooldown is too long to have a good sustain with no runes/masteries.
Shaco would have to stack loads of boxes per camp to stay alive, and this would slow him down way too much.
Fiddle could possibly work for a while if he gets a good pull on blue, but once it runs out he is screwed as well.

Warwick on the other hand gets health & damage from his passive, and Hunter's Call is an excellent steroid to buff up his jungle, even when it is left at lvl 1. His bite is also good sustain should he have enough mana.
This is why level 30 players with all the necessary runes can jungle WW with boots, which normally would make junglers very slow. WW doesn't need the durability from clotharmor or vamp scepter. Many Warwicks also start with long sword.

So, you know those games where you're facerolling, and take a 10 minute tower? I've always wondered what you do after that. You can't go mid and push2win because nobody has any big items, so what are you supposed to do?
Either keep farming (preferred if tower falls very early) or go push bot with the help of the jungler.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: April 06, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »

The problem I find is that if your opponent is at all smart, they won't push at all, and you're pretty much fucked if you want to farm as Mord or the like because then you're jungle food. And if you go push bot, you're basically spreading the plight to the rest of your team, in addition to letting their top freefarm.

There are also a few other great junglers that pros go boots+3 on. Pretty much anybody who was a top tier pick in the old jungle, you can safely go boots+3 on. Udyr, Warwick, Olaf, Nocturne, and likely a few others. I'd be interested to see a level 1 jungle udyr.

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of the whole "Two champs coming out this patch" thing. Hecarim and now the Penny Arcade guy.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:07:03 pm by frostshotgg »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: April 06, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »

Ganky gank gank.

I've had games where I laned mid and had both towers down before any of the outer lane towers had fallen. I would either roam to a different lane to tip the odds, or sit back and farm the hell out of enemy waves, just to pad my lvl and gold. Usually this would force the enemy to pull 1-2 people out of the other lanes, which eased the pressure on my teammates. And if I was lucky, I still kept getting kills while avoiding being killed.

At worst, they kept sending me back to base (usually a few hundred gold richer each time), at best they fed me till I was Shiva, destroyer of worlds. Nothing like being lvl 18 (and kitted out with items) when the rest of your team is lvl 12 and the enemies are lvl 10.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

I'd say over 50% of the 5v5 matches I play lack junglers. In no small part because no one seems capable of handling solo top 1v2 (because the enemy isn't jungling either)

Cho'Gath is pretty much one of the ultimate 1v2 characters in the game. He can counterpush, sustain, and last-hit under the tower. Typical bruisers don't expect his 300 true damage nuke.

Unofficial Varus spotlight from PAX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQo_C1PURM

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think of the whole "Two champs coming out this patch" thing. Hecarim and now the Penny Arcade guy.

I'm a fan of Varus and I'm mildly enthused about Hecarim.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:02:19 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »

I don't know what it is about Fiora, but as soon as I pick her my team goes "Oh! We have a tank who has a ton of CC. We don't need to pick any CC. And if we have CC, we have to suddenly become bad at using it because Fiora will be able to pick up the slack."

I swear, I have like 1 win and 7 losses with her because my team comp whenever I have her is like Fiora/Vladimir/Ziggs/Graves/Soraka. Every time.

Varus is coming out the patch after Hecarim.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: April 06, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »

http://solomid.net/livestream.php?s=1426

IPL4 is going on right now, I encourage you all to watch. Even I'm learning stuff. Very entertaining and professional games.

Joined just in time for Kpop.

Hell yes.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »

Why is there so much Kpop. I want to see League of Legends, not dumb foreign music I don't understand that is only really this popular because gamers fetishize asian girls more than they'd care to admit.

actually theory #2 is that gamers actually like pop but they're too hipster to ever admit they'd enjoy lady gaga or something like that

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:19 pm »

Why is there so much Kpop. I want to see League of Legends, not dumb foreign music I don't understand that is only really this popular because gamers fetishize asian girls more than they'd care to admit.

actually theory #2 is that gamers actually like pop but they're too hipster to ever admit they'd enjoy lady gaga or something like that
That's where Plentakill comes in. It takes popsongs and makes them LoL style. It's how I get my pop fix. Look them up on youtube sometime, they're great.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: April 07, 2012, 02:12:45 am »

If you take your tower at ten minutes you gank constantly.  If you're mid and kicking that much ass, you should be able to seriously ruin everyone's lives with repeated ganks.

Also, they're nerfing flat MR runes?  I can never get over how prescient Umiman is with this stuff, wasn't he talking about how you could dominate mid with pure flat MR a few week sago?
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: April 07, 2012, 02:16:07 am »

He said he'd only use it vs. LeBonk, though. Looks like the pros used it vs. everybody. Huh.
It's usually when I'm top, and say, Fiora, who isn't #1 ganker world without red that I have single digit time towers.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: April 07, 2012, 05:31:04 am »

Are there any UI mods to make the map be a sort of transparent background over the whole screen? Like, I know it'd be a bit distracting, generally, but it could be better than having to glance down at the minimap. Like, when you're killing creeps down bot, it'd be really obvious that you're getting ganked if you have a ward or couple.

Also, I discovered that mid is such such such a good thing to ward. Like, just grabbing two wards and warding those singular brushes on each side of the lane. If top wards their river entrance and bot wards their river entrance, you pretty much have control over the whole river. You can see every single movement downriver. Even if a teammate is not paying attention, they still get over 15 seconds to react.

EDIT: Win streak, woop woop! I discovered some key characters that I can play: Cho'Gath top, Leona/Blitzcrank support, Tristana AD carry (not very well, but better than some other characters), Kass/Ryze mid. I still need a jungler. I'm okay with Lee Sin, but not great. I prefer Skarner or Udyr.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:27:35 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7932 on: April 07, 2012, 07:37:23 am »

Are there any UI mods to make the map be a sort of transparent background over the whole screen? Like, I know it'd be a bit distracting, generally, but it could be better than having to glance down at the minimap. Like, when you're killing creeps down bot, it'd be really obvious that you're getting ganked if you have a ward or couple.

Also, I discovered that mid is such such such a good thing to ward. Like, just grabbing two wards and warding those singular brushes on each side of the lane. If top wards their river entrance and bot wards their river entrance, you pretty much have control over the whole river. You can see every single movement downriver. Even if a teammate is not paying attention, they still get over 15 seconds to react.

EDIT: Win streak, woop woop! I discovered some key characters that I can play: Cho'Gath top, Leona/Blitzcrank support, Tristana AD carry (not very well, but better than some other characters), Kass/Ryze mid. I still need a jungler. I'm okay with Lee Sin, but not great. I prefer Skarner or Udyr.
Just look at the minimap every 10 or 5 sec or so. You don't have to stare it, just like when you last hit a minion take a quick look at the minimap.

EDIT: Oh, I just played against Jozrael (Riot's Network Ops Technician). He is the only Vlad with the legendary skin that I've seen do good :P
Usually Vlads with that skin suck ass.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:51:25 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

EDIT: Oh, I just played against Jozrael (Riot's Network Ops Technician). He is the only Vlad with the legendary skin that I've seen do good :P
Usually Vlads with that skin suck ass.

I played with Elementz and he had that skin. He went 1/3 but we won anyway because he technically won the lane.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: April 07, 2012, 01:38:23 pm »

Apparently, Hecarim is now up on PBE! Get him while he's hot!
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1067