Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1097

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 885379 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #8175 on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:09 am »

Gods, I love my MF build. 5v5 pubbie match, we're getting stomped early. 3-17 K/D team ratio at about the 20 minute mark. Outer lanes are getting steadily stomped, especially with our Graves who says he's getting 1500+ ping times.

Meanwhile, I've bested Annie in mid the whole time and have knocked out both towers. Cue a few well-timed ganks bot and then the game dissolves into teamfight silliness. We're holding our own (and evening up the ratio) but still not getting anywhere. Cue me playing a game of bait-and-switch by going mid with everyone else, getting the enemy to commit 5 mid to stop us, then teleporting out to hook up with a minion wave near their tower. Trigger W, and it's "pewpewpew im in your base killing ur towerz". Single-handedly eliminated 3 of the 4 outer lane towers.

Meanwhile, I seem to have found the perfect item build:
Mercury Treads
Hextech Gunblade
Manamune
Infinity Edge
Nashor's Tooth
Last Whisper

By late, late game (we're tallking 55-minute mark), I had an AD of 328 even though I started as an AP build. With an AS over 1.5 and an elevated crit chance (and crits doing 250% instead of 200), I could trigger W and take down a tower in about 3-4 seconds. I was pushing waves without even using Make It Rain. Enemy tried to rush mid after our team got overaggressive and wiped except for me. Cue teleport to the mid tower they were rushing. W+E+R=Triple Kill.

It's fun to feel like a badass.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8176 on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:14 am »

One thing worth noting: The health gain on your Q is flat, as in, you don't get more if you spam it on champs or minions. So spam it on champs always, unless you can't safely get in range. However, I'm not to sure about Borde's build.
My build: Sorc Shoes/WotA/Rabadons/RoA/RoA/Rylais. First, upgrading revolver into WotA is really, really useful, it's 900 gold for 8% spellvamp for you and 20% for your allies. Second, RoAs are ridiculously stat efficient. Like, even discounting the mana, you get more stats for your money than in a rylais. However, the permaslow from rylais is great.
My build is the king of Vladimir builds. Trust me. I play Vladimir a dozen times a year nonstop.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:51 am »

Besides, Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8178 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:31 am »

Besides, Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them :D
Amen to that good sir, Amen
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: April 09, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: April 09, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

My problem is this: How do you deal with someone like Wukong who can gapclose to you and deal more damage than you? His EQ combo ignores blind and severly outdamages Blinding Dart. I can zone the heck out of someone like Garen or Mundo because I just kite them when they try anything funny, but if they have a gap closer then that doesn't work.

There really isn't too much you can do. Maybe buy a bit more armor, play more defensively, don't push the lane too much (his E will spread to nearby minions and push the lane).

Your friends hate Teemo because they've fought him. In top lane, he can use blinding dart to never die. In mid game, he can put mushrooms all around and split push with his speed boost to become ungankable. In short, he always gets away with around 100 health. Always. And it pisses people off. If you actually like Teemo, then you play Teemo. If you don't play Teemo, you despise him. Same with Morgana, except she's not as much of a pain. Tryndamere is similar, but only after level 6. Trynd can actually be partially shut down by just placing the AD carry top.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:11:00 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:42 pm »

Oh god, they're bringing back xp gain scaled with your own level.

"giantkiller bonus"

Yea it kinda made gameplay all about killing the highest level player on the enemy team :/

You stopped the penalty for killing lower level players? well shit, now we still hunt down that leveled gp.

What do we want to do? let gp level up so we can farm him.

Not looking forward to the return of this change, because it makes gold alot less relevant.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: April 09, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »

I hate teemo because he fits into a team less well than Kayle. WHAT DOES HE DO? Build him AP, and he's a one trick pony no better than AP Yi, and most of his damage is turned off with a 400 gold item. Build him AD and you bring nothing more to the table than AD Kennen, maybe slightly less. No AD scalings and no steroids make for an extremely inadequate AD carry. Hybrid/On-Hit doesn't have a place on a team, but beyond that is about as effective as AS Kassadin.

No matter how you build him, he doesn't have an ult if the enemies are smart enough to invest in oracle's, there's almost never a good opportunity to use his passive beyond laning, his q is single target, and blinds are one of the most useless cc's in the game (No impact on AP casters or AD casters, Tankyderps and ranged DPS have skills to use to cover the 2 seconds or however long it is.), and he's generally designed as a hit and run character, but who doesn't actually have the hit part, just the run run run run part, which really isn't beneficial to team play.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: April 09, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »

Clearly you've never seen how effective baiting can be.

Not only that, but an ultimate that does damage to the enemy team's gold pouch is pretty effective, if you ask me. Oracles ain't cheap.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8184 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »

I hate teemo because he fits into a team less well than Kayle. WHAT DOES HE DO? Build him AP, and he's a one trick pony no better than AP Yi, and most of his damage is turned off with a 400 gold item. Build him AD and you bring nothing more to the table than AD Kennen, maybe slightly less. No AD scalings and no steroids make for an extremely inadequate AD carry. Hybrid/On-Hit doesn't have a place on a team, but beyond that is about as effective as AS Kassadin.

No matter how you build him, he doesn't have an ult if the enemies are smart enough to invest in oracle's, there's almost never a good opportunity to use his passive beyond laning, his q is single target, and blinds are one of the most useless cc's in the game (No impact on AP casters or AD casters, Tankyderps and ranged DPS have skills to use to cover the 2 seconds or however long it is.), and he's generally designed as a hit and run character, but who doesn't actually have the hit part, just the run run run run part, which really isn't beneficial to team play.

After this patch Teemo top will be back and will be extremely strong.

Who are the dominant top bruisers right now? Lee Sin, Udyr, and Olaf. Who does Teemo's kit already counter hard? These guys. Build tanky hybrid on Teemo and you'll find he's extremely effective up top. Way back when, Rainman reached the top of the solo queue ladder using only Teemo. This was before the move quick changes and mushroom nerfs. Now he's being buffed even more, possibly even beyond that state he was at before. I'm definitely focusing on learning him again after this patch when his DPS is upped tremendously.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:22 pm by penguinofhonor »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: April 09, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »

Yeah, tanky Teemo is where it's at. Wriggles, Phage, Wit's End.

I'm sad there's little I can do in the Teemo/Wukong matchup. Teemo's matchup dependence holds him back too much. Hopefully he'll be super strong after this patch and I can just rock everybody.

You could just continue autoattacking after his EQ. It's just burst damage and the rest of his autoattacks will be affected by blind.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:22 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:26 pm by penguinofhonor »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:25 am »

After this patch Teemo top will be back and will be extremely strong.

Who are the dominant top bruisers right now? Lee Sin, Udyr, and Olaf. Who does Teemo's kit already counter hard? These guys.
Teemo counters Lee Sin wat? Lee just tosses a q Teemo's way and pops the passive on w. Then he shoves his boot into Teemo's face (Still no autoattacking on either side) and smashes his e key, butchering teemo's ms and as. Then Lee can just kinda do whatever he pleases. Sure, Teemo can q and stop anymore harm, but that's still a large chunk of damage that he can't trade back. He'll definitely counter Udyr, and does already, and I can see Olaf working with an early Phage, but Lee Sin is still going to dominate Teemo, as will any other champ with a dash.

Another champ I've just discovered is really, really, really weak. Fids. What are you supposed to do as him? Lane and you get 0 cs because hurp derp AP Ezreal Farming ftl, jungle and hurp derp counterjungled because it takes him a minute to clear a camp. His one strength is teamfighting, but that's only if you're able to get godlike positioning beforehand to channel right into their team. The 3 second fear might be useful, depending on what the RNG decides to make them run to.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: April 10, 2012, 08:09:38 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:31 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1097