Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1186849 times)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7935 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:00 am »

Can you guys help me with my Ezreal build? A lot of people don't like him, but I love playing him cause those damn snipes are so fun, also, his finesse, and DAT DANCE. I find myself alternating from one build to another, quite frequently. Sometimes, I'm on a roll and go 6/2, but comes mid-game and teamfights, I find it hard to survive, burst down, or stick on opponents.

I recently read a guide and it told me to build accordingly: Tier 1 Boots > Sheen > Blood Thirster > Tier 2 Boots [Berserker Greaves] > Finish Trinity > Last Whisper > [Defensive/Escape Item] > Infinity Edge.

I've heard about people actually skipping Trinity Force and going IE instead. Not sure HOW that would work, seeing how Mystic Shot can not crit though... Do you guys have any suggested builds that allow Ezreal to ascend to the utmost of his DPS potential?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:25:38 am by xDarkz »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:43 pm »

Apparently, Hecarim is now up on PBE! Get him while he's hot!

I've been trying, but the custom games are currently limited to 2+ real people only, and the bot games are filled with people trying to play Hecarim.

Oh wait I'm in a lobby with him right now... haha, nobody dropped. I'll post my thoughts on him in 20 minutes or so. Behold the light of the Shadow Isles!

edit:
Penguinofhonor's First Hecarim Impressions
Clarifications of his skills:
Passive - The ratio is 10% on the conversion. Early game I was getting +1 AD. Lategame I was getting +20. Lategame during the end of the E charge, I was getting +60.
Q: Rampage actually has an effect. It's AOE physical damage, but if you hit anything with it (the number of targets is irrelevant, it only matters whether you hit anything) you get a rampage stack and the cooldown is reduced by 1 second. You can have up to two rampage stacks. This gives Hecarim a very skarner-esque feel. This ability does half damage to minions.
W: Pretty much works as expected. You heal for 10/15/20/25/30% of all damage dealt to the targets, and there's a cap on how much you can heal from minions. The minion cap is ridiculously low. Like, 200 HP capped from minions at level 5. They really don't want you to get ridiculous sustain from this.
E: The movement speed boost works like powerball. You'll get up to +400 movespeed, it's pretty ridiculous. And the knockback is actually sizeable - I was thinking it would be like Maokai's, but it's actually like 2/3 of Alistar's in distance. This has a really long cooldown.
R: Hecarim doesn't have to go the full distance of the charge, but the clones he summons always do. So if you charge half the max distance, the clones will charge past you. The enemies run directly away from you - it's not a fear.

Actual review:
So I played him as a jungler. His combination of AOE damage with slight sustain, alongside his movespeed-boosting E, make him feel a lot like Udyr. You have to position yourself better because your CC is a knockback instead of a stun, and that has both its advantages and disadvantages. You can deal a lot of damage if you stick to someone and let your rampage cooldown get really low, but you're probably not going to cast it in a gank more than 2-3 times. It'll still be a good chunk of damage.

His ult is a little hard to aim, but that's probably just with it being a weird dual skillshot thing that I don't really understand fully yet.

I'm pretty much definitely going to buy him. I say he's higher in tanking ability than Cho'gath and Volibear but definitely not up there with the ridiculous CC toolkit tanks. He can initiate and he has one single target CC in addition to his AOE CC, but he also has a lot of damage over time that you'll punish people with if they don't focus you. I think a team could definitely use him as their main tank, but your squishies will have to protect themselves slightly. You're not Leona or Nautilus here.

His kit feels pretty cohesive - you basically charge in and rampage over everyone else's face. There are a lot of opportunities for teamwork with his W and E, but he does have a basic playstyle you can get into without much intimate understanding. I know I did.

Go triforce+tanky (his Q gets down to like 1.5 seconds with two stacks, you can proc it constantly) or straight tanky depending on your role in the team and whether you get fed.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:23:33 pm by penguinofhonor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: April 08, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »

new annoyance: people who yell at you without any real knowledge of what you did

I was Orianna, taking the wraiths lategame. The enemy blitz pulls me from across the wall. Was it warded or was he just grabbing at a camp to check it? I don't know. Either way, I explode instantly. I type "did he just randomly decide to grab wraiths? that was bad luck"

Our vayne goes "facechecking without vision is not bad luck"

What? I didn't facecheck anything. Oh well, I get to listen to the three man premade whine about how they always get paired with baddies for the (very short) remainder of the game. Not like they'll listen to anything I say.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:30 pm »

Guys, I really want to learn how to play Vlad. Any real tips?
They started to collide~

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: April 08, 2012, 11:22:12 pm »

Get Q first, or Pool if you feel like you're going to get ganked. Max your Q and spam it incessantly on the enemy champion if you can, or creeps to keep your health up and supplement your last hitting ability. What you max next is preference; I tend to go Pool, because the cooldown reduction on it tend to be better than a little more damage on your E. R in teamfights, attempting to hit as many as you possibly can, and preferably with the assistance of another ultimate to keep your targets close. If possible play aggressive in the laning phase, but never try to exceed your health regeneration ability.

First item is always Hextech Revolver. Boots are also preference; I haven't had much luck with Sorcerer's Shoes, and tend to go Ionian Boots of Lucidity as the only CDR in my build. After that, if I'm doing well, I'll grab a Deathcap, if not then the extra survivability from a Rylai's Crystal Scepter goes a long way. From there, finish your Will of the Ancients and whatever you didn't build second, and build to counter the DPS that will start hurting. Hourglass is a good all around item, since it gives you a second "trollolloll u cant kill me" cooldown. Afterwards, if you haven't won yet (You'll have around 500+ AP depending on your runes and masteries, and a single Q will wreck most supports and carries, really anyone without a sizable health pool or good amounts of MR) then fill out with your AP item of choice. A Hextech Revolver is a nasty final pick, as it gives you even more insane amounts of regen and another sizable AP boost, but if you're getting hit hard by magic damage then the MR/AP staff whose name eludes me is a good choice too. Void staff is another great item if they're stacking MR.

Once you have at least a Deathcap, you can simply run around, using Q on people and regaining a quarter of your health back, spamming E for AoE and farming waves with ease, and tower diving with impunity as your Ultimate + Ignite + Pool wreck people from full to none and ensure no survivors. He does take a bit of practice, but is a very strong champion in the right hands.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7940 on: April 08, 2012, 11:27:19 pm »

Get your boots, then hextech revolver
Then a Warmog's armor
Then Rabadon's Deathcap
Then another Warmog's Armor
Then You either get Rylai's scepter, or (preferred) another Warmog's Armor.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: April 09, 2012, 03:01:25 am »

My usual build is:

1. Dorans shield - Good survivability and regen and armour (I play solo top usually) Amplifying tome + pot also works
2. Boots + Hextech
3. Finish boots (usually CDR boots) + Giants belt + finish Will of the Ancients
4. Rylais
5. Rabadons

After that I have no clue, I usually finish by then :D.

Use my Q to harass and last hit, get W at lvl 4 for escaping ganks, and try get my E to 4 stacks before I go aggressive. Other than that, if you get fed start roaming, else tower hug and spam Q to farm.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: April 09, 2012, 04:31:56 am »

Border is right, going tank Vlad is the most fun I've had with him in ages. Especially on TT where you get two carries with you and you go tank just to spite that damn AD Kennen that has been murdering you for most of the game :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: April 09, 2012, 07:23:50 am »

One thing worth noting: The health gain on your Q is flat, as in, you don't get more if you spam it on champs or minions. So spam it on champs always, unless you can't safely get in range. However, I'm not to sure about Borde's build.
My build: Sorc Shoes/WotA/Rabadons/RoA/RoA/Rylais. First, upgrading revolver into WotA is really, really useful, it's 900 gold for 8% spellvamp for you and 20% for your allies. Second, RoAs are ridiculously stat efficient. Like, even discounting the mana, you get more stats for your money than in a rylais. However, the permaslow from rylais is great.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:09 am »

Gods, I love my MF build. 5v5 pubbie match, we're getting stomped early. 3-17 K/D team ratio at about the 20 minute mark. Outer lanes are getting steadily stomped, especially with our Graves who says he's getting 1500+ ping times.

Meanwhile, I've bested Annie in mid the whole time and have knocked out both towers. Cue a few well-timed ganks bot and then the game dissolves into teamfight silliness. We're holding our own (and evening up the ratio) but still not getting anywhere. Cue me playing a game of bait-and-switch by going mid with everyone else, getting the enemy to commit 5 mid to stop us, then teleporting out to hook up with a minion wave near their tower. Trigger W, and it's "pewpewpew im in your base killing ur towerz". Single-handedly eliminated 3 of the 4 outer lane towers.

Meanwhile, I seem to have found the perfect item build:
Mercury Treads
Hextech Gunblade
Manamune
Infinity Edge
Nashor's Tooth
Last Whisper

By late, late game (we're tallking 55-minute mark), I had an AD of 328 even though I started as an AP build. With an AS over 1.5 and an elevated crit chance (and crits doing 250% instead of 200), I could trigger W and take down a tower in about 3-4 seconds. I was pushing waves without even using Make It Rain. Enemy tried to rush mid after our team got overaggressive and wiped except for me. Cue teleport to the mid tower they were rushing. W+E+R=Triple Kill.

It's fun to feel like a badass.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7945 on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:14 am »

One thing worth noting: The health gain on your Q is flat, as in, you don't get more if you spam it on champs or minions. So spam it on champs always, unless you can't safely get in range. However, I'm not to sure about Borde's build.
My build: Sorc Shoes/WotA/Rabadons/RoA/RoA/Rylais. First, upgrading revolver into WotA is really, really useful, it's 900 gold for 8% spellvamp for you and 20% for your allies. Second, RoAs are ridiculously stat efficient. Like, even discounting the mana, you get more stats for your money than in a rylais. However, the permaslow from rylais is great.
My build is the king of Vladimir builds. Trust me. I play Vladimir a dozen times a year nonstop.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:51 am »

Besides, Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7947 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:31 am »

Besides, Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them :D
Amen to that good sir, Amen

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: April 09, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: April 09, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

My problem is this: How do you deal with someone like Wukong who can gapclose to you and deal more damage than you? His EQ combo ignores blind and severly outdamages Blinding Dart. I can zone the heck out of someone like Garen or Mundo because I just kite them when they try anything funny, but if they have a gap closer then that doesn't work.

There really isn't too much you can do. Maybe buy a bit more armor, play more defensively, don't push the lane too much (his E will spread to nearby minions and push the lane).

Your friends hate Teemo because they've fought him. In top lane, he can use blinding dart to never die. In mid game, he can put mushrooms all around and split push with his speed boost to become ungankable. In short, he always gets away with around 100 health. Always. And it pisses people off. If you actually like Teemo, then you play Teemo. If you don't play Teemo, you despise him. Same with Morgana, except she's not as much of a pain. Tryndamere is similar, but only after level 6. Trynd can actually be partially shut down by just placing the AD carry top.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:11:00 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1067