Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1198363 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7950 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:42 pm »

Oh god, they're bringing back xp gain scaled with your own level.

"giantkiller bonus"

Yea it kinda made gameplay all about killing the highest level player on the enemy team :/

You stopped the penalty for killing lower level players? well shit, now we still hunt down that leveled gp.

What do we want to do? let gp level up so we can farm him.

Not looking forward to the return of this change, because it makes gold alot less relevant.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: April 09, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »

I hate teemo because he fits into a team less well than Kayle. WHAT DOES HE DO? Build him AP, and he's a one trick pony no better than AP Yi, and most of his damage is turned off with a 400 gold item. Build him AD and you bring nothing more to the table than AD Kennen, maybe slightly less. No AD scalings and no steroids make for an extremely inadequate AD carry. Hybrid/On-Hit doesn't have a place on a team, but beyond that is about as effective as AS Kassadin.

No matter how you build him, he doesn't have an ult if the enemies are smart enough to invest in oracle's, there's almost never a good opportunity to use his passive beyond laning, his q is single target, and blinds are one of the most useless cc's in the game (No impact on AP casters or AD casters, Tankyderps and ranged DPS have skills to use to cover the 2 seconds or however long it is.), and he's generally designed as a hit and run character, but who doesn't actually have the hit part, just the run run run run part, which really isn't beneficial to team play.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »

I hate teemo because he fits into a team less well than Kayle. WHAT DOES HE DO? Build him AP, and he's a one trick pony no better than AP Yi, and most of his damage is turned off with a 400 gold item. Build him AD and you bring nothing more to the table than AD Kennen, maybe slightly less. No AD scalings and no steroids make for an extremely inadequate AD carry. Hybrid/On-Hit doesn't have a place on a team, but beyond that is about as effective as AS Kassadin.

No matter how you build him, he doesn't have an ult if the enemies are smart enough to invest in oracle's, there's almost never a good opportunity to use his passive beyond laning, his q is single target, and blinds are one of the most useless cc's in the game (No impact on AP casters or AD casters, Tankyderps and ranged DPS have skills to use to cover the 2 seconds or however long it is.), and he's generally designed as a hit and run character, but who doesn't actually have the hit part, just the run run run run part, which really isn't beneficial to team play.

After this patch Teemo top will be back and will be extremely strong.

Who are the dominant top bruisers right now? Lee Sin, Udyr, and Olaf. Who does Teemo's kit already counter hard? These guys. Build tanky hybrid on Teemo and you'll find he's extremely effective up top. Way back when, Rainman reached the top of the solo queue ladder using only Teemo. This was before the move quick changes and mushroom nerfs. Now he's being buffed even more, possibly even beyond that state he was at before. I'm definitely focusing on learning him again after this patch when his DPS is upped tremendously.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:22 pm by penguinofhonor »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: April 09, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »

Yeah, tanky Teemo is where it's at. Wriggles, Phage, Wit's End.

I'm sad there's little I can do in the Teemo/Wukong matchup. Teemo's matchup dependence holds him back too much. Hopefully he'll be super strong after this patch and I can just rock everybody.

You could just continue autoattacking after his EQ. It's just burst damage and the rest of his autoattacks will be affected by blind.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:22 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:26 pm by penguinofhonor »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:25 am »

Who are the dominant top bruisers right now? Lee Sin, Udyr, and Olaf. Who does Teemo's kit already counter hard? These guys.
Teemo counters Lee Sin wat? Lee just tosses a q Teemo's way and pops the passive on w. Then he shoves his boot into Teemo's face (Still no autoattacking on either side) and smashes his e key, butchering teemo's ms and as. Then Lee can just kinda do whatever he pleases. Sure, Teemo can q and stop anymore harm, but that's still a large chunk of damage that he can't trade back. He'll definitely counter Udyr, and does already, and I can see Olaf working with an early Phage, but Lee Sin is still going to dominate Teemo, as will any other champ with a dash.

Another champ I've just discovered is really, really, really weak. Fids. What are you supposed to do as him? Lane and you get 0 cs because hurp derp AP Ezreal Farming ftl, jungle and hurp derp counterjungled because it takes him a minute to clear a camp. His one strength is teamfighting, but that's only if you're able to get godlike positioning beforehand to channel right into their team. The 3 second fear might be useful, depending on what the RNG decides to make them run to.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: April 10, 2012, 08:09:38 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7958 on: April 10, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »

Who are the dominant top bruisers right now? Lee Sin, Udyr, and Olaf. Who does Teemo's kit already counter hard? These guys.
Teemo counters Lee Sin wat? Lee just tosses a q Teemo's way and pops the passive on w. Then he shoves his boot into Teemo's face (Still no autoattacking on either side) and smashes his e key, butchering teemo's ms and as. Then Lee can just kinda do whatever he pleases. Sure, Teemo can q and stop anymore harm, but that's still a large chunk of damage that he can't trade back. He'll definitely counter Udyr, and does already, and I can see Olaf working with an early Phage, but Lee Sin is still going to dominate Teemo, as will any other champ with a dash.

Another champ I've just discovered is really, really, really weak. Fids. What are you supposed to do as him? Lane and you get 0 cs because hurp derp AP Ezreal Farming ftl, jungle and hurp derp counterjungled because it takes him a minute to clear a camp. His one strength is teamfighting, but that's only if you're able to get godlike positioning beforehand to channel right into their team. The 3 second fear might be useful, depending on what the RNG decides to make them run to.
I used to think that Fiddle sucks at laning and his farm kinda does suck, but his lane precense is surprisingly strong. Level up Dark Wind first, and spam it to keep the enemy mage from doing anything. With correct use of Terrify and Dark Wind, you can keep the enemy feared/silenced for over 5 seconds straight (1.2 sec silence per bounce.). The max damage Crowstorm does in 5 seconds is 625 / 1125 / 1625 (+2.25 per ability power), add in the Dark Wind bounces (max 145 (+0.45 per ability power) x 3) and Drain, and you have the enemy dead in one combo. Plus, when he has his fear up, the jungle has super easy ganks. Oh, you're running around in circles for 3 seconds? Guess you can't flash away. Oh, fear about to end? Sorry, silenced for another second or two. Oh look, the jungler stunned you for a second again.

Oh and also, passive makes nuking more fun. And oh, drain keeps him in the lane forever if he has blue.

In perfect circumstances, lets say Fid fears you for 3 seconds. Then he uses dark wind. The first dark wind hits you 0.2 seconds after fear ends. Lets assume your reaction time + cast animation time isn't fast enough to do anything in 0.2 seconds. The Dark wind hits you, bounces to another enemy, back to you, back to enemy and and back to you. Lets assume that the silence lasts for 0.6 seconds before Dark Wind bounces back to you again. This makes you unable to cast spells for 3.0 + 0.2 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 1.2 = 5.6 seconds  of CC. Lets also assume Fiddle has full 40% CDR, and both Terrify and Dark Wind are at level 5, making ther total cooldown 6.6 seconds. Lets also say that Fiddle has received help from an ally, who stuns/silences you for 0.7 seconds after silence duration ends. The stun is applied 0.2 seconds after the silence ends. You have now been unable to cast spells for a total of 6.5 seconds. Add in another 0.2 seconds for reaction time, and now you have silence for 6.7 seconds. Fiddle has his Terrify up again. He uses it, and Dark Wind afterwards like before. You are silenced for a grand total of 6.7 + 0.2 + 3.0 + 0.2 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 1.2 = 12.5 seconds.

And if you ask me, I'd say 12 seconds is a long time in LoL. Of course, this is the perfect situation, and most likely not happening, but imagine if it would...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:09:52 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »

Hmm... I'll try E first, but never leveling w until level 14 seems kinda iffy.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: April 10, 2012, 04:26:08 pm »

The max damage Crowstorm does in 5 seconds is 625 / 1125 / 1625 (+2.25 per ability power), add in the Dark Wind bounces (max 145 (+0.45 per ability power) x 3) and Drain, and you have the enemy dead in one combo. Plus, when he has his fear up, the jungle has super easy ganks. Oh, you're running around in circles for 3 seconds? Guess you can't flash away. Oh, fear about to end? Sorry, silenced for another second or two. Oh look, the jungler stunned you for a second again.

Also note that a neat trick to use is to go out of lane once you hit level 6. Hide in the mid bushes for mid lane to push. The AP mid will probably call MIA and will be unsuspecting when you channel your ultimate from the bushes and hit him with the full ultimate+drain+wind+ignite. It does crazy amounts of damage unless the enemy mid is Galio or something.
Also often called Boowells.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: April 10, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

Hecarim and the next patch got delayed.  :(

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: April 10, 2012, 07:14:19 pm »

Holy crap am I scared of Lulu. I was laning bot as Blitz along with a friend as Pantheon versus a Shen and the little purple devil called Lulu. I've never played a game where the enemy could ignore tower damage to kill me under the tower before the 10 minute mark aside from that game.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »

Holy crap am I scared of Lulu. I was laning bot as Blitz along with a friend as Pantheon versus a Shen and the little purple devil called Lulu. I've never played a game where the enemy could ignore tower damage to kill me under the tower before the 10 minute mark aside from that game.

I had to counter build lulu mid, as Malzahar.

and still lost the lane, despite my best efforts.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: April 10, 2012, 08:26:36 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:15:36 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1067