Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838289 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:26 pm »

Haha, yeah, Deathgate gets impossible lag. Just wait until you tear down the wall blocking pathing to hell; and watch your FPS fall faster then a dwarf who dodged into a volcano.

The irony of this is the FPS will fall so fast, it would make the dwarf falling into a volcano take longer to hit the magma thus making the statement even more true.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:54 am »

Oh, Flaede, I forgot to mention something!

Occasionally what's left of the Sanity likes to kick itself in the head and the game crashes. Save often. And rarely the game will keep crashing soon after a certain point; if you get near this point just keep reloading the save, play for about 30 seconds, then save again. About 3 saves and sanity will chain itself back up and everything will be fixed.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Bengan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 05, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »

I was hoping that i could be Dorfed in  :D

Dorf: Bengan McLowAim
Job Name: Archer
Profession: Crossbow

I would like it if you Dorfed me as one in the military, who is using long raged weapons.

on another note; i am currently astonished by this fortress feats. ("Slow Clap")

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »

How's my dorf holding up?

Where exactly is the !!firesword!!? I remember it got locked in a secure room. Several dwarves became !!dwarves!! in the process. :D
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 06, 2012, 08:14:07 pm »

Flaede? It would be nice if we got regular updates. It'd be nice to know what's going on if you're still playing it.

Cheers.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 07, 2012, 06:49:39 pm »

For what it's worth, while we wait...Anyone got any thoughts on those t-shirts? I'd love to do something like that. :)
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 07, 2012, 07:06:47 pm »

Hearing that people went to a Dwarf Fortress meet wearing those shirts would make my day. Or month, for that matter. :D I'd love to see that happen
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 07, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »

Hearing that people went to a Dwarf Fortress meet wearing those shirts would make my day. Or month, for that matter. :D I'd love to see that happen

So would I. Heck, I'd even make 'em. However, I don't have the time or resources. I'm wondering if anyone else does, or at least knows where to get them?

E: I did some quick internet searching. Customink looks good, but that thing with the accomplishments on the back is questionable. I've sent in a query to their CS department, to see if it's doable.
Also, how does everyone feel about the font? There would, of course, be a bigger picture, but the software on their site only allows me to make the image that size. The font itself...seems a bit "sport"ish to me, but it was the best they offered. Again, might have to work on a  custom request, although that'd probably boost prices a bit. :(

EE: On the other hand, they could be uploaded as images. How does everyone feel about these?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:05:25 pm by scaliper »
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 08, 2012, 02:01:17 am »

I reckon you could take a dozen memorable quotes and post them in small snippets all over the back.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 08, 2012, 07:36:11 pm »

I reckon you could take a dozen memorable quotes and post them in small snippets all over the back.
Actually, I'm still liking my original idea. See here for the beginning of the discussion. Font's all wrong, of course, and the back needs to be touched up, but still...(also, back is personalized for the ruler, and the quote is chosen by them)

Speaking of which, I got a reply from the lead CS guy. It's possible, but we won't get the group rate. If we can finalize what we want it to look like(personally, I'm mostly stuck over fonts, but I'm leaning towards that excello), I'll see if I can't set up a way to get the template shared with everyone so that they can order their own. As trustworthy as I like to think I am, I can't see y'all just up and giving me your addresses and a way of billing you, and I suspect there's probably a rule against that as well :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:49:05 pm by scaliper »

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 08, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

Misclicked, sorry! To make it up to you, here is a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 08, 2012, 09:05:54 pm »

It's been a week since Flaede was even online; I think the turn should shift to Velard.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:44 pm »

Can't. Probably won't be able to grab the reins for like 2 weeks.
I only have enough have time each day to quickly check the interwebs.
Sorry for not being available, Deathgate! Flaede, pump out an update soon, k?

P.S. - When my turn comes around, I'm going to pull out all the stops to fix Deathgate's insane !!FPS!!, even if it involves sacrificing livers to the ghost of Paindeer!

P.P.S. - My birthday is on the 16th! Raise your ※demon bone chalices※ in rejoycement!

P.P.P.S - If you guys could see a picture of ONE thing from Deathgate made into a plushie, what would it be?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 08, 2012, 10:47:07 pm »

Flaede's turn is over.  Since Velard cannot take the reins, would Eldes be willing to take his turn now?
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 08, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

P.S. - When my turn comes around, I'm going to pull out all the stops to fix Deathgate's insane !!FPS!!, even if it involves sacrificing livers to the ghost of Paindeer!

P.P.S. - My birthday is on the 16th! Raise your ※demon bone chalices※ in rejoycement!

P.P.P.S - If you guys could see a picture of ONE thing from Deathgate made into a plushie, what would it be?
Wait...did I miss a memo? Paindeer is dead?!

Also, salud! (takes quaff of demon blood)

Also also, I vote paindeer ;) although the logo would be cool too.

Also also also, how's my dorf doin'?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:55:53 pm by scaliper »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 175