Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837116 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1335 on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

I vote we name this duck Darkwing, for his diligent fight and sacrifice against the evil demons!  Also, someone should probably clean up that dust before it kills the Hellfort in blistery goodness

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:18 pm »

Wish DF allowed custom engravings on slabs. I'd like to be able to put a marker saying "Here Darkwing, King of the Ducks, slew two demons with his bare webbed feet."

I mean, notes do it, but there's nothing PHYSICAL there to mark the passing, know what I'm saying?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 02, 2012, 11:13:22 pm »

Oh lordy, Just got done reading all of this. Totally want in. Let me know when a turn is open.

Also, could you name one of them Dortimus? Make him the official arena fighter, that would be hilariously awesome.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:18:46 pm by Teh_Idort »
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 03, 2012, 02:54:06 am »

Hey lads and lasses!

A new migrant has arrived. He is a Grand Master Mad Scientist, and a dabbling woodcrafter and an accomplished Dabbler. He is slow to tire. He has mediocre creativity. He likes being outside, at least for a time. He likes Dwarf Fortress for its cruelty to Elves and Mad Science for making Physics cringe. He absolutely detests id-10-T lazy students.
He needs alcoholtea to get through the working day and is currently enjoying some.

I read through this thread (= timesink), then I took a look at the last save: My gods,...
This place is bigger than our apartment, wanna take a [magma] bath?
It is friggin' huge. Makes my CPU cringe and assume a fetal position. Nevertheless: I would like to sign up for the list, even though it might take some days for me to actually get the turn done (if that's ok with you, I'll try to post updates to show I'm still alive).

Cheerio!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 03, 2012, 03:16:41 am »

I bet my dwarf died when the demon flew the garbage disposal in my room. The one above the bottomless pit in hell.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 03, 2012, 04:33:47 am »

This will teach you to leave the lid on the lavvy closed so that the Dragon of Unhappiness wouldn't fly up your bottom.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:47 am »

Who'da thought that demons who could fly would fly over bottomless holes?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 03, 2012, 07:44:14 am »

Well... from a metagaming point of view: with the state of pathing of flying units you are of course right. From an in-game POV: Them hell-holes be spittin' out demons like krazy!

But then I wonder: how could these pits swallow the flying demonspawn (well, probably the duck was too heavy, they should've tried to carry it with two demons, maybe using some sort of string, what is the air speed of one of those, unencumbered of course?).

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 03, 2012, 08:02:06 am »

Obviously, the duck used a fowl, ancient technique in which he bites the Demon in six pressure points, paralyzing its limbs.  Normally, it would kill the demon in six steps, but since it can't take steps in mid-air, it's just falling forever.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 03, 2012, 01:37:14 pm »

Well, I can post the combat reports from the duck thing, but yes, a couple screens woldve been much better...

WHY OH WHY did I have to forget I could take screens at that precise moment  :'(, I guess its the "too much single-player syndrome"...
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 03, 2012, 05:52:51 pm »

Oooh, Darkwing sounds way better than Netherfowl. I like. If Paindeer is officially pronounced dead, then it's safe to say that the two are killing demons and goblins together in GARhalla.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 03, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »

Yea, the deer is dead, as far as I can tell.

That or it teleported and is still spilling awsomeness is some remote corner of the map...
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 03, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »

Yea, the deer is dead, as far as I can tell.
:P
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:27 am »

Haven't posted for a long time.
Just dropping by to say hi.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 175