Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837049 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1845 on: May 18, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »

Is my dwarf still living in his fancy bedroom in the Hellbunker?

He's currently detailing the floor of the hellbunker, and has recently had a nice bath. His belongings list says he has a royal bedroom, though I've yet to find if.

Also, a note to future overseers, if you go to Stocks->Stone, be prepared to wait awhile before the game finally recovers from Deathgate's awesomeness.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 18, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »

Can I get a look at how our military is doing?
Like how many soldiers there are, how many archers/arbalists and siege operators we have? and a short look at our training facilities?
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1847 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:53 pm »

Can I get a look at how our military is doing?
Like how many soldiers there are, how many archers/arbalists and siege operators we have? and a short look at our training facilities?

I'll be going more into detail on our military during my update, but we have 7 archers, all between 5-7 in Markswarf, 11 Axedwarfs, and a Speardwarf (who is VERY unhappy). Found out we didn't have adamanite shields at all, so switching the military to exact matches didn't QUITE work the way I wanted it to. Also shifted some of the nobles around so they weren't military dwarfs. There are a few barrackes across the fort but the main one is in the Hellbunker.

Stonesense managed to render the fort without falling over (the lag is impressive though), so I can post a stonesense tour of Deathgate if anyone wants. Eh, I'll do the tour regardless in-character. Works well for the plot of my turn. I'll see if I can get Overseer/Virtual Fortress to work, as some areas don't render well such as the temple.

We also have one legendary seige operator (who is my dwarf), and is one of the marksdwarfs.

DG with temp on is going a "heathly" 15 FPS, so this is going to take awhile, I've played the first month out, and will post an update tonight/tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:05:26 pm by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »

Hey, could you redwarf me as Eldes II and add me to the list for a second turn? Maybe this time I'll get more than a few weeks in before failing miserably. I have some ideas for the hellfort...

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1849 on: May 18, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »

Hey, could you redwarf me as Eldes II and add me to the list for a second turn? Maybe this time I'll get more than a few weeks in before failing miserably. I have some ideas for the hellfort...

Done, you are one of our Axedwarfs.
(if you want a male dwarf, I'll switch it, but I need to run, so this is the last thing I'm doing with the save tonight)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:05:13 pm by NCommander »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 18, 2012, 07:15:31 pm »

Could you dwarf me please?

Name: Thaddeus
Job Name: Saint of !!FUN!!
Profession: Axedwarf
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 18, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »

Eh, that's fine, knowing this fort, I'll probably die in my first skirmish anyway. :D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 18, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »

so is my dorf still alive? And if not, another redorf as a military dorf(still hoping to match my first incarnation's awesomeness as the most badass dorf of the fort)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 18, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »

Is Eoganachta still alive or is he demonbait? If he's lying in one of those coffins I paved the road to hell with then could I get a redorf. Same name, military profession, swordsdwarf if possible otherwise give me an axe! Thanks
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 18, 2012, 08:54:25 pm »

NCommander, you're letting my dwarf labour away with blistered feet?  Slave-driver >.>

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 18, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

I do apologize the slow update on the main post.  Diablo 3 may have somewhat swallowed my life.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 19, 2012, 12:10:10 am »

Um...last I looked, there were 2 speardwarfs, one unnamed and the other yours truly. Doesn't translate perfectly, since I opted out of rewriting two squads, so they're in separate squads, but unless I missed something very important, they're both there somewhere.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 20, 2012, 12:05:27 pm »

Hey, could I snag a dwarf?
Name: Raptor
Job Name: Transmogrifier
Profession: Marksdwarf if possible, if not, whatever's free.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 20, 2012, 02:42:58 pm »

So where do I fall on the turn list? Am I next, or is there someone between me and NCommander?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 21, 2012, 02:44:12 am »

So where do I fall on the turn list? Am I next, or is there someone between me and NCommander?

Sorry, missed your post asking for a second turn, Diablo bender.  I'll update the first post.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 175