Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837958 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2400 on: September 24, 2012, 11:51:52 am »

Pssh. It wasn't bad the last time we opened the gateOn second thought, maybe you are right.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 24, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »

Have yu checked to make sure there isn't an alert or burrow active?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 24, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

The burrows for this place are a nightmare, too. I attribute about a month's worth lost labor to the thing's, followed by labor getting moving in a big hurry, followed by the burrows (which now had most of the fortress population confined to the Hellbunker and the quarries above) resulting in massive loss of life when demons got in past the defenses...
Good times!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:58 pm »

Have yu checked to make sure there isn't an alert or burrow active?

No, and I KNEW there was something I forgot to check.  Thanks, Eldes!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 26, 2012, 06:34:08 am »

Wow. Things seem to be progressing with... progress again. Glad to see Deathgate striving for one last venture before the earth swallows us forever.
Red Shield has my full approval!  :P

Also, how fares Eoganachta? I haven't heard anything about my dwarf from several overseers so I fear the worst. If he's sleeping with the Candy, can I be redorfed please, if any remain unclaimed? Metalsmithing if possible. Thanks.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 26, 2012, 06:38:35 am »

I'll be playing some more in an hour or so, so I'll do a quick update on who's still alive.

--Current Surviving (Named) Dwarves--
NRDL
Scaliper II
ThatAussieDwarf
AnimaRytakIII
KenboII
Thaddeus
Iggy McNatz III
Oroboros
Atomic Avocado
The Mad Fool
renegadelobster
NCommander
Krosan
Lashidang

And here's your new dwarf

Spoiler:  Eoganachta (click to show/hide)

Also, if anyone else made dwarfing requests, could you remind me what they were please?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:24:47 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:47 am »

This is an emergency update.  I _NEED_ the location of the exterior drawbridge lever right now.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2407 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:03 am »

This is an emergency update.  I _NEED_ the location of the exterior drawbridge lever right now.

Crap, I don't quite remember which one it is. It's either in the control room directly by the BATTERERY, there should be a note, or its the gold lever directly infront of the hospital. One controls the cage trap bridge, and the other gets the drawbridge.

Pretty sure its the former. Make sure the lever and the doors leading to it are unforbidden!.

(what's the emergency?)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:33 am »

Something completely unexpected that could decide the fate of the fort.  I THINK I've found it, I've got dwarves unbarring the way to the lever now.  I really hope they work fast for once and get everything set up in time...

I found the bridge lever.  Now it's just a race to see if the dwarves can get the job I set them done in time

It was done in time.  What drove me to such madness, you may ask?  What event could possibly make me forsake Operation Red Shield and open Deathgate to the world?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:53:05 am by ThatAussieGuy »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2409 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:35 am »

Why are we letting humans into Deathgate? I thought the official policy was !!magma!! delivery ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 26, 2012, 08:10:35 am »

Why are we letting humans into Deathgate? I thought the official policy was !!magma!! delivery ...

That's not a human civ...

I've given them a bunch of adamantine weapons and they're walking out with a little under 150,000 profit just to make sure they get back with good news.  I bought some anvils, picks, and booze in exchange.  Also a lot of cheese.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:13 am »

We're not alone! There's more dorfs out there! :D
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:42 am »

If we're VERY lucky, we may even get some migrants out of this.  Possibly.  The only worrying thing is that there wasn't a liason with the caravan.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2413 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:19 am »

If we're VERY lucky, we may even get some migrants out of this.  Possibly.  The only worrying thing is that there wasn't a liason with the caravan.

We're a mountianhome, no liaison. How we became a mountianhome is a matter of some debate ...

In addition, the cavern is generated out of thin air. The only way to get migrants is to mod the save, or runesmith the traders into our civ.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 26, 2012, 09:22:52 am »

From my last entry:
16 Timber
Amidst the continued toppling of beds and coffins by our ghostly ancestors, news reached us that a caravan from the outer lands had actually arrived !

27 Timber
Since our last trader died at the beginning of the year, the nearest dwarf to the trade depot took it upon himself to conduct negotiations. For his initiative and successful negotiation, "renegadelobster" has now been appointed official broker.

Since my last entry, we obtained several bags of gypsum plaster, as well as sand, food, and booze from the dwarven caravan, in exchange for bins of old clothing that will no doubt seem like treasures to the wandering dwarf clans.

So apparently no one reads walls of text anymore >_>

There was an inexplicable gap of several years a while (~ 10 years) back, but otherwise a dwarven caravan has been arriving every year since the fort was founded.

Did you get any sand from the caravan? Or iron and steel? And did you seriously just waste adamantine one gypsy dwarves? There won't be any migrants.

As to Eoganachta, from my Legends notes:

Kosoth has been mayor since late spring 771. The year after her sister, and Kogan's mother, died.

Eoganachta III, and 12 other dwarves died that same month.
Unless there was an Eoganachta IV, your dwarf was killed in 772 along with the (current?) mayor's sister and my (now deceased) avatar's mother, --ahem, make that 771, I worded the original poorly. The other two were killed in 770 along with General Eoganachta.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:35:47 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 175