Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837901 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2445 on: September 29, 2012, 10:09:33 am »

The BATTERY is self-sustaining through an aquifer exploit.  You start it pumping, then get the dwarf to stop and leave it be - the whole point is water flows amongst the aquifer tiles.  The power outlet is on the level above, and I've already laid an axle for the pumpstack. 

I didn't get NEARLY as much done as I wanted in my year because I spent a vast chunk of it trying to work out why the dwarves weren't doing what I wanted for Red Shield.  I had plans to go in and automate the water system, but a lot of that got left undone.

edit:  Confirmed with my own tests - Deathgate's BATTERY is operating correctly and generating a stead 9000 uW.  It should be higher, but I suspect that's because the pool's not entirely made up of aquifer tiles.
It isn't though. It should (just as the old BATTEREY did after my modifications), but it wasn't running when I opened the save. And it doesn't run at full power because the lower left isn't connected to the rest of the system.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 29, 2012, 11:46:55 am »

Of course not, I never started it.  It's connected directly to the pumpstack (well, at least the planned connections are) and I didn't put a lever connected to any gearboxes along the axle.  The missed half-axle of power is due to me being dumb and needing sleep.  There's instructions on the BATTERY that basically state "Start the pump, break it down, then channel where it stood and slap in two more water wheels to complete the thing"

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 29, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

Ah, well then. Good.

edit: Messaged ignatzami. Hopefully he gets it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:35:02 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #2448 on: September 30, 2012, 08:38:34 am »

If there are any unclaimed dwarves left, I would like to get dwarfed~ No preferences, just want to have some small role in this madness.   ;D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 30, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »

Ditto here. That'll be, what, Tryrar XIV?(Just kiddin, I kno its not THAT high....)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2450 on: September 30, 2012, 09:10:39 pm »

We now enter Deathgate's finale with its second to last player. Almost afraid to know how it will end ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:02 pm »

We now enter Deathgate's finale with its second to last player. Almost afraid to know how it will end ...

If I've set things up right; Fire, brimstone and dwarves trapped undeground counting the dead one-by-one.

If I screwed up somewhere; Peace, serenity and a quiet retirement.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 02, 2012, 10:32:35 am »

This fort must riiiiise with a mighty bump.  Any sign of the guy next in line yet?

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #2453 on: October 02, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »

No idea. It also doesn't look like the first post has been updated to reflect the end of your turn, so I dunno what to say.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

Anima sometimes disappears for short periods, that's not surprising, but what'll we do if Ignatzami misses his turn... Hmm.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:32 pm »

Well, Ignatzami logged in this morning... but I haven't heard back from him.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 03, 2012, 08:11:32 pm »

Well, Anima's the last person on the list, so I would say that Ignatzami has until Anima gets tired of waiting for him. Just my two cents.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 03, 2012, 08:54:03 pm »

I honestly didn't realize that Aussie's turn ended already.  Glad that Werlin's on top of things though.
If Ignatzami doesn't answer, then I'll do my best to run Deathgate into the ground in the most epic way possible.

Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2458 on: October 04, 2012, 05:44:14 am »

This better end with all the dwarves screaming as they literally burn in hell.  Whether it's from lava or exploding booze doesn't matter.  Either way, this will be fun to watch. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2459 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:11 am »

This better end with all the dwarves screaming as they literally burn in hell.  Whether it's from lava or exploding booze doesn't matter.  Either way, this will be fun to watch.

Actually, that's not a bad idea... Anima, when you do your turn, would you mind streamlining the output of Red Shield so it actually flows directly INTO the small inhabited areas of Deathgate?  Hook it up to a lever and come Obsidian, *Urist McFinale has pulled the lever*
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 175