Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838240 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2011, 12:35:09 pm »

So how long do you plan to put off eating the candy cane? Another year or so?

I'm eager to see what happens.

Not sure.  With the current state of our military, it'll be a while.

22nd, Limestone
Watching the serfs work I noticed one odd dwarf slowly going about his labors.  As i prepared to beat him, I noticed that, not only was his right leg mangled, but his left arm was gone.  I'm rather surprised that he was still alive.  I asked him how he was. 
He complained of a minor injury lately.
Is he in the military?

:(

Nope, he was just a normal dwarf.  We have one mechanic left, I'll dorf you as him.

Could I be dwarfed as a marksdwarf? Name "Al".

Not a problem!

Final update coming soon.  Hope we all live!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2011, 03:27:40 pm »

Nope, he was just a normal dwarf.  We have one mechanic left, I'll dorf you as him.

And so here marks the end of Noodle III. (well the way it's currently going anyway. All of the previous noodles seemed to drop dead for "no" reason)
seriously I love this series... so many, what's the word? carefully planned executions unfortunate accidents.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2011, 03:32:21 pm »

Winter
While I await the goblins attack, I take the time to research the name I heard earlier.  Armok it was.  From what I've found, he's a deity.  But not one worshipped by the humans, the elves, are ourselves.  Apparently he's a "God of Blood".  Which I assume is akin to a God of War.

More research is required.

1st, Moonstone
While the worthless goblins take their time in finding our entrance, work on the throne room continues.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

7th, Moonstone
Still the goblins hide.  Both myself and the master are sick of their cowardness.  To fix this, I've ordered the spiral hallway unsealed. 

11th, Moonstone
Honestly we have like 200 floor hatches in the stockpile.  Apparently a previous overseer had a fetish for them.  Since I cant trade them and since melting them down would be wasteful, I've ordered one installed in every downward stairwell in the fortress.

14th, Moonstone
The goblins have forced my hand.  They refuse to leave the spiral.  I order all of our troops into the hall and order them to slay everything.

Master will have his blood.

I realize as Tryrar rushes headlong into battle that he's still holding a wooden training axe...

This will not end well for him.

As he engages a goblin, the others converge on both sides.  A wall of dwarves attack a wall of goblins.  Led Usiravuz goes into a martial trance just as Rith is struck down.  Tryrar falls shortly afterwards.  More of our troops pour into the breach as Ral Urdimedim is struck down.  Fath falls shortly later.  One of the axedwarves, Kobuk, is shot and killed.

Its hard to tell where the bodies end and the fighting begins.  Blood is flowing through the hallway

In the frenzy, I manage to score a single kill despite my injuries.  The goblins are all vanquished, Deathgate stands.

I order the fallen to be gathered and buried.  I grieve only a moment for Tryrar, our champion. 

18th, Moonstone
Tonight, I heard the master speak in my dreams.  I heard his voice.  And his name.  I could see him sitting upon the throne of skulls surrounded by an endless lake of blood.  He praised my bloodshed and that of my underlings. 
And then I heard his name.
"Armok."
And joy overtook me.

4th, Opal
Lord Armok is pleased with the work I've done.  Our captives are being loaded into a storage room.  Later we shall construct an arena on which to slaughter them in the master's name.  Despite our losses, Deathgate remains strong.
The bypass that caused our defenses to fail has been fixed, this provides me with a sense of relief.

16th, Opal
Since we have a metric ton of chairs and tables, I've ordered a number of them placed in the dining hall.   We have enough chairs there as is, but we need the stockpile space.

5th, Obsidian
THe recent events seem to have taken a toll on Narquille II as he has been taken by a fay mood.  Hopefully he builds something useful.  Unfortunantly he claims a magma glass furnance.  So i assume he's going to make something useless.

20th, Obsidian
Narquille II seems to have begun his useless construction.  Time will tell if he becomes a sacrafice to Lord Armok.

24th, Obsidian
Oh look, a green glass box, how useless!

26th, Obsidian
I've repurposed, or started to at least, the magma hallway.  Since its currently useless, I've made a few modifications to it that'll allow it to flood our entrance with magma.  Its not finished since at the moment, there's no way to stop it from flowing into the hospital or drain it afterwards.  I've tasked Noodle III with this task, since it is beneath me.

With that, my last task as overseer is complete.  I prefer the title of Overlord of Deathgate.  The micro managing can go to some peon.  I have more important matters to attend to.

Lord Armok demands more blood.

Current stocks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

------------

And my turn is over! 

Recap:

Noodle died twice.
Tryrar died once.
Some people were dorfed.
And I captured a ton of goblins.
Overall, not a very eventful year other than the siege.  I mostly tried to increase the forts efficiency.

And save: Link
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2011, 07:47:23 pm »

For some reason I feel kind of nervous when I try to open that file.

edit: Wow this place is huge! (considering my previous forts)

What does this repeater do?

It's placed near the old moldy BATTEREY I built about 7 turns ago.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:04:20 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

I honestly have no clue.  All it does is move a block of water around endlessly.  I think it might be related to the bridge of doom but that's pretty doubtful.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 01, 2011, 10:47:52 pm »

If it moves a block of water around endlessly its obviously a mist generator.

Why isn't it running?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

Its not a mist generator.  At least not in a useful sense.  There's no mist coming from it and there's very little traffic there.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2011, 02:18:01 am »

Yeah, it's the repeater connected to The Crusher.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2011, 05:34:05 am »

insanity overload... my poor brain.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2011, 11:13:07 am »

.......huh? Why did I have a training axe? I swore I had that switched out for an admantine axe during my turn....

Ah well, redorf me plz, as another miniltary member
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:37 am »

My guess is the military was switching back to training weapons for sparring and when I ordered them into combat, they kept them since they met their requirements as a weapon.

I changed the uniforms to require all melee weapons to be made of adamantine, so they'll be forced to switch off of their training weapons before going into combat.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2011, 02:19:57 pm »

edit: ignore, post sounded too disrespectful
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »

i have yet to have a single trainning accident with propper weapons.

who have you redorfed? will i get my second attempt at badassery? all to be seen in this turns episode of: Deathgate.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

Is Irony still alive?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »

Is Irony still alive?

Yup, alive and kicking last time I checked.

i have yet to have a single trainning accident with propper weapons.

who have you redorfed? will i get my second attempt at badassery? all to be seen in this turns episode of: Deathgate.

Actually you got redorfed before my turn.  I think your the current Captain of the Guard since Tryrar died.

edit: ignore, post sounded too disrespectful

Hey its not like I wanted to lose our best dwarf.  At least you went down in a hail of gunfire instead of going insane like mine did :P
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 175