Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838223 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:48 pm »

I might need an extra two or three days since I'm also working on another fort right now.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2011, 09:15:57 pm »

Hmm This story great I'm I still alive?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

Hmm This story great I'm I still alive?

I think, but I'm not sure. 

[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2011, 10:48:29 pm »

Maybe you could turn it into a temp community fort right before breaching the circus. We could decide who has to do this through a poll or random number generator.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2011, 04:00:06 am »

A few questions before I decide whether or not to breach hell this turn.

1. Do caveins affect airborne units?
2. Can demons go through fortifications?
3. Can demons go through submerged fortifications?
4. How well does a fully clad adamantine dwarf fare against a medium power demon?
5. Would Goblin prisoners fight or make friends with demons?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:11:43 am by noodle0117 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2011, 05:26:41 am »

1. Yes, 2. No, 3. Probably, 4. Depends on his skill (as of now he's going to get torn to shreds), 5. Fight.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2011, 10:42:11 am »

gaseous demons can go through fortifications submerged or not, can't they? And we have no way of knowing what kind of demons we have until we crack open the spire.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2011, 10:59:19 am »

Why not use a drawbridge for a toggle able wall?

Also, if that doesn't work, use a complex system for caving in a natural wall as they don't deconstruct when falling a level. I don't know how to do it but you can ask Spoony Bard as he's doing it on Uristildom.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2011, 07:33:17 pm »

Drawbridges seem too easy, so I'm morally opposed to using them unless it's really too convenient (excess stone smashing)
I like caveins a lot though, so I might use a lot of those.

Also I hope you guys wont mind if I sacrifice the entire goblin, troll, and caged wild beast population as a first line of defense.

I'll update soon once my 20 fps gets me past spring.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

Oh wow, that would be great if you sacrificed them all.

Post full battle log if it isn't too tough. Maybe you can send them in one at a time.

At the very least take a pre- and post-picture of the battlefield.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »

Drawbridges seem too easy, so I'm morally opposed to using them unless it's really too convenient (excess stone smashing)
I like caveins a lot though, so I might use a lot of those.

I vote dwarven atomic bomb.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2011, 10:46:27 pm »

Too bad you cant magma flood them.

Maybe you could use an obsidian-casting thing.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2011, 01:53:44 am »

I am Noodle, or as I like to call myself, the great engineering spirit.

My first reincarnation in this fort grew unsuitable for use when it was consumed by the mad determination energies I fed it.

My second reincarnation was too careless, and before I knew it, I found myself separated from the body once again.

Therefore, I must be careful when choosing a suitable container for my spirit, someone who possesses both physical and mental aptitude...
Careful searching has shown that there are no more great mechanics in this fort :'(

Oh who cares I'll just grab some random dwarf and begin my rule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Spring

AnimaRytak, whether out of boredom or an overly large ego, has decided to forfeit the position of overseer and instead insist on being called the Overlord of Deathgate. With the position free for taking and no one else wanting the job, I have once again been gifted with power as the overseer of Deathgate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----------------------------------------------------

Early Spring (cont.)

Research on dusty and ancient tomes of old have shown that the creatures of hell are unlike any that are seen on the above world.

For starters, they are immune to magma and water, as their curse hardened bodies can neither burn nor drown.

Second, they possess an unnatural deal of dexterity, and as such, simple conventional weapon and cage traps are rendered useless when dealing with such monstrosities.

And third, they feel no pain, suffer no disease, and in combination with their insatiable hunger for blood and the pain of others, they become some of the most dangerous foes known to the world, having the ability to match even the best adamantine clad legendaries of our race.

Considering all of these factors, I have drawn out a multi-stage plan which will be enacted to wear out the incoming wave of demonic forces.

Stage #1

When the demons begin their initial assault, their numbers will be too numerous to take out using raw beard strength alone. To halt their advance, I have rigged the hallways so that they shall collapse the moment something greater than dwarf weight passes by.

Stage #2

I have also ordered a long and twisty hallway to be dug out so as to serve for the perfect killing field for death through impalement. Digging out the field itself is easy, but the great number of spears, mechanisms, and designcraft required to properly create one may require the greater part of the year. Nevertheless, it should do well in thinning out the ranks from the survivors of the cavein.

Stage #3

After acquiring permission from a general morality census, I've been given the option of sacrificing our prisoners for the greater good. The arena I've ordered to be dug out has been specially designed to look like the corpse of a decrepit goblin so as to reduce the range and effectiveness of demon based fire blasts while also providing a good aesthetic look once it inevitably becomes covered in blood and gore.

Stage #4

Should all else fail, I have prepared a construction in advance that will smite any remaining demonic forces with the combined power of fire and water.

Power for the device will be drawn from the BATTEREY itself

but whether the design will actually work or not, I have absolutely no clue...

How long the fort will survive once hell is opened, only the gods will know, but whether we live or die, a last stand we shall make.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:03:21 am by noodle0117 »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:21 am »

Why do I get the feeling my turn is going to be "FUN!!!"...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:06 am »

Demons don't trigger pressure plates, first stage won't work ;)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 175