Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832719 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 06:31:02 pm »

*Cracks knuckles* "One less beekeeper around here won't hurt."

Well, we have to engrave *something* on the BATTEREY walls. And the slabs decorating the control room.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

Oh my god, I love where this is going so far! I want a dorf! Name it Tryrar, and make it the best axedorf you have
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »

Oh my god, I love where this is going so far! I want a dorf! Name it Tryrar, and make it the best axedorf you have

Added to the dorfing list.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 12:10:42 am »

hmm I like a dwarf Alkhemia I'd join but I'm not confidant enough..
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 02:40:58 am »

To Blade Master Model 42 and tryrar:

I've dwarfed both of you with what I believe to be suitably matching dwarf avatars.

tryrar was once a carpenter/woodcutter who has now decided to take on a different occupation as a fortress defender. He likes pig iron, chickens, and axes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BladeMaster is currently a female peasant dwarf with dabbling level in digging and masonry, but with her natural physical talents and superdwarvenly persistence, she has great potential for becoming a true Blade Master. She also likes short swords and shields

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:38 am »

Dorf me aswell! Anything goes really, but I would prefer military, for a glorious death against the hordes of !!FUN!!!

Also cannot wait to see what the BATTEREY has to offer! :D

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 04:28:06 am »

An implacable dwarf, a mad experiment that breaks the laws of physics, and monsters in another realm.

Ladies and gentlemen, Urist "Blade Master" Freedwarf in "Dwarf Fortress: Half Life".
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 09:10:29 am »

Late Autumn, 752

Those dreams, they keep coming back, each time clearer than the last. I could almost hear them shouting, crying, screaming with their indwarven voices from the depths below, as they get closer with every strike on the earth itself…

Work on the BATTEREY is continuing, but it seems like the progress made each day is becoming less and less. My head seems to hurt a lot these days, maybe it’s due to the restless nights I’ve been having…
Some of the dwarves also seem to be getting a bit rebellious.

“Eh? You want to set gems? Who cares about gems! You are going to be setting gear assemblies!”

“You have No Job? Then to the mines for you!”

What?! You’re taking a break now? Get back to work! No drinks or breaks allowed until you finish all 30 pipe sections!

STOP BOTHERING ME WITH ALL YOUR MANURE RIDDEN DEATH! Ya darn mule!

My head…
Ugh…
Maybe I should take a trip to the doctor’s, oh wait, we don’t have a doctor yet, darn it…

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mid Winter, 752

Sleep… darkness… screams… those hands, no, not hands… those… those bony blood glazed claws, they’re trying to g-grasp for me, t-trying to d-drag me down, t-trying to t-tear apart my wondrous c-c-creation…

NOOO! IT MUST BE FINISHED!

MECHANICS! Get those damn gear assemblies in place!

MASONS! Where are those floodgates I’m asking for!?!

CARPENTERS! I want those waterwheels set up NOW!

Animarytak, for the last time, I want you HAULING away those boulders, not COUNTING the number of rock nut seeds IN OUR STOCKS!!!

Late Winter, 752

Darkness, fire, those... those monsters... Stop... please stop... haunting my dreams...
No more torture...
No more pain...
Just please...

stop.

Power.

I need more power.

MORE POWER

I NEED !!MORE!!!

Late Winter, 752

Must… finish… project… heh hee… Clowns… circus… coming…
Doom….. arriving…

Must… finish… my BATTEREY~~~~~~......

The rest of the journal excerpt is filled with illegible words and letters, save at the very bottom of the page where there is a single lonely sketch of a pump moving water spinning a watermill powering a pump in the never ending cycle of dwarven engineering ingenuity.

The massive construct is now complete and stable, but its designer and creator does not appear so. Noodle, now known as the "Mad Mechanic," continues his daily tasks of hauling and mechanism building, but has lost the ability of correlated speech or writing. A new overseer now takes his spot in the Spring of 753.

Attached is a cross section of his final creation from the bottom to top.

(Next upload)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:16:14 am by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 09:12:48 am »

This is madness!

THIS. IS. DEATHGATE!

EDIT:
Checkin the save now.  The BATTERY is awesomely designed.  Such a simply, elegant design.

Also, wtf is wrong with the humans?

I think this is grounds for war my fellow dwarves
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:53:32 am by AnimaRytak »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »

Awesome. I'm still a little confused by the screenshots, but I'm sure it will make more sense once I open up the save.

I'll see what I can do with the basic industries and housing, though I can't start until this evening.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 01:46:49 pm »

Dwarf me.

Ill be quite happy to produce a hell spawn slaughtering device for your conveniance. and i love the direction this is going in.

Millatery or miner. or if you get a loose legendary miner draft him into the millatery with a pick for me.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »

Such a simply, elegant design.
Technically it's just the same thing as the miniature 1 pump 1 waterwheel reactor, except 300 times bigger and a lot less efficient in a power to supplies used comparison. But then again, a net production of 2k Urists of power should be enough to power the majority of typical fortress requirements. At least the mill now has a consistent power supply.

Also, for the next fort successor (and everyone else too), I am aware that giant water projects can consume a lot of fps.
If you want to turn off the BATTEREY...

Just pull that grey lever on the right and the BATTEREY will slowly shut itself down. (it's located right by the BATTEREY)

If you find that the BATTEREY is starting to lose power (consistently dropping below 3000 power), just pump a bit more water into it.

Don't pump too much though, or else it might start overloading.

edit: And lol, to AnimaRytak, does that mean we should wage war against the Devil-Administrating humans?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:12:01 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »

edit: And lol, to AnimaRytak, does that mean we should wage war against the Devil-Administrating humans?

It definitely would add a good fun element.

One of the future overseers should be some sorta paladin or righteous, anti-demon hammerer or something.  Would fit perfectly against our backdrop of two insane ex-overseers and llama demon-led humans.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »

Okay, downloading now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 175