Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838005 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2011, 08:05:44 pm »

Astute observers will note four coffins inside the bunker. Some jackass decided to put pets in the first two, and the second two were never filled. Go figure.

End of the year update coming soon, I've go5t about five in game days left.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:08 pm »

I think this might be the first succession game to colonize hell.  But I say that mostly out of ignorance since I've never heard of a succession game doing it.

In any case, this is getting epic now.  All we're missing is the rivers of blood and the mountain of skulls for my skull throne.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2011, 10:51:51 pm »

1st Granite, 762: End of Year Report: Blade Master, Axedwarf.

I have decided to personally make my way to the surrounding kingdoms and villages, and inform all of dwarfkind that hell belongs to the dwarves. Naturally, this means I must step down from my position of power.

Surprisingly... I find I don't mind. I have done a great service for all of dwarfkind, and put to rest my own personal demons, as well as a few from the underworld. Heh. Soon, our strength in Hell will grow, and all the races of the world will bow before our might. Dwarves will enjoy their position as the dominant species, and the elves and humans will recognize their place beneath us.

I know the goblins will not, but, one day, when hell is truly pacified, I aim to take a group of my fellow dwarves to the nearest goblin Citadel, and beat the lesson into their tiny brains. But that will be for another time. First, I must deliver the news of Deathgate to the surrounding lands. I plan to take the head of a demon, as proof of our conquest.

I am happy. I have grown weary of administration, and I do not wish to see it again in this life. Upon my return, I will do my duty in the fortress military once again. Of course, this does not mean I won't have a hand in fortress politics. If I have my way, I will never see another ghost in Deathgate, save  for the engravings on the walls. Our engravers seem to be obsessed with the restless departed. Not that I can blame them. After all, for a few years, they were everyplace.

I think it is time to bid farewell to my private memoirs. They would be somewhat frivolous for a member of the guard. I can see it now. 12th Timber: Saw a duck. Ha!
I leave this to whomever should find it, and I hope they enjoy my little view into Deathgate's past.

I'll also put down an overview of the fortress.

OOC: And there we have it. Another year in Deathgate gone by, and now hell is ours for the taking! I think I did a pretty good job, all things considered. The next player will want to get on addy production, as well as make plans to expand outward from the bunker, until all of hell is under our beard!

I don't think I'll sign up for another turn unless the wait list gets really, and I mean really short. I have a much better comp than I used to, but this thing is having a hard time with this venerable fortress. Besides, I took way long anyway, and I'm sure no one really wants to deal with me pulling that again.

Anyway, here's the file. Go nuts! I may not play another round (actually, I very well might. Slow or no, I love this fort), but I certainly want to see where this goes. I want to see hell under absolute and total dwarven control. Maybe we'll get famous while we're at it, eh?

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4775

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 04, 2011, 05:32:56 am »

Man we got a lot of food.  My food industry layout (plus later re-optimizations) really did well, although I'm sure massive amounts of trade for cheese, meat, and elf booze helped a ton.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:01 am »

I'll grab the save, I most likely won't touch the adamantium, as I have never worked with it before. But, I do so like masonry, and building. So I'll gladly expand our hell bunker. Any other tasks I should attend to?
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 04, 2011, 09:00:34 am »

With the amount of food available, I'm pretty sure even if you scrapped all the farms, kitchens, farmer's workshops and food trade, the fort should be able to last for at least half a decade or so (although beverages might still be a problem).
If we decide to fully colonize hell, should we also make the decision to cut off all access from the above-world?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 04, 2011, 09:38:47 am »

if you can pipe in sufficient water and magma, cant see why we cant turn one of the tubes, fully mined out, into a stairway into hell and run it into a grand meeting hall for our fortress. were we can selectivly manage all above ground contact.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:27 am »

if you can pipe in sufficient water and magma, cant see why we cant turn one of the tubes, fully mined out, into a stairway into hell and run it into a grand meeting hall for our fortress. were we can selectivly manage all above ground contact.

Given that you can't do much of anything with Slade I was debating making a large obsidian farming operation in hell. Using the natural walls, smoothed and engraved, and the rest of the stone in various building projects. Though part of me wants to use Marble blocks, just for the color difference.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

i say use obsidian for the main fort buildings, since its harder to obtain, and its valuble and can be mass produced, then use marble for pillars, arches, etc. Decoration and visuals, dont waste it on the squat building supports and such.

of course, you could make them all into blocks, for extra dorf points and for a faster build dash between deamon incursions.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2011, 02:32:18 pm »

i say use obsidian for the main fort buildings, since its harder to obtain, and its valuble and can be mass produced, then use marble for pillars, arches, etc. Decoration and visuals, dont waste it on the squat building supports and such.

of course, you could make them all into blocks, for extra dorf points and for a faster build dash between deamon incursions.

Sounds good, I've only cracked hell once, and the fort did not last long. Is there water in hell? If no, is there water in any of the caverns?

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:52 pm »

Lovely turn Blade Master, do sign up for another one! :D
The fort is doing awesome aswell, and those food stockpiles should hold out for some time.

Let's conquer this hell!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »

I was looking at the front page, for a number of reasons, and I noticed Eoganachta was listed as undorfed. He's actually one of the military captain's, so feel free to change that.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2011, 06:19:25 pm »

So, I made it to mid-slate, and my work machine decided to reboot. Doh!

My plan is to build out from the current pyramidal structure already in place in Hell. I want to build at least a 15x15 "base" with bedrooms, workshops, a barracks, food stockpiles, and a dining room.

Once this base is established I intend to work outwards at least 1 z-level off the ground to minimize issues with the Clowns. Once a number of secure satellite facilities have been created I will work to connect them all with walls. Once these walls are in place I will begin FARMING IN HELL!!!!!!

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2011, 12:04:27 am »

Wow, this thread is amazing. I can't believe that series of deathtraps worked on hell. Kudos to you all.

Is there any chance I could be dwarfed? Dante III. Any profession, but I'd like him to work in hell as much as possible, one of the first wave colonists or people making it fit for dwarfkind.
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

Just found (and read) this. Incredible - kudos to you all.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 175