Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836375 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #615 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:32 am »

If a squad of ~30 or so goblins and trolls can kill a few demons, I'm pretty sure +500 animals should be capable of inflicting significant damage.
I'm thinking of making a 1x1 dropchute going all the way down to hell where the animals are pitted in.
There should be a floor hatch to keep the animals from falling, and once you get all 500 in, release the floor hatch via lever and have them all fall down.
If I recall my dwarven physics lessons correctly, a few of the animals will splatter, but they will also cushion the fall for all the other animals.
If for some reason it fails, well at least its gonna make one hell of a splash.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:40 am »

500 animals descending into Hell at once? I have one request - as there are no handbaskets in DF, at least send them with a bucket.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2011, 08:58:18 am »

"To Hell In A Bucket", now that's dwarfy. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2011, 09:04:12 am »

I had another thought.  Pitting them onto a floor made of floor grates.  So when the animals die we can strain out the organs and easily harvest their blood for Armok.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2011, 09:15:10 am »

I had another thought.  Pitting them onto a floor made of floor grates.  So when the animals die we can strain out the organs and easily harvest their blood for Armok.

8)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 31, 2011, 11:59:27 am »

You could create a blood storage vat and require soldiers to bathe in it before combat. Upon return from combat make them wash the blood into the vat. Eventually there will be pages of blood, and it might be useful for reducing lag.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 31, 2011, 01:47:50 pm »

to make a vat, youde have to make 2/7 water depth, and even then, unless you pour in epic quantitys of blood, alot will just splatter onto the container walls.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »

well we do have a nearly epic quantity of slaughterable tender.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:09:40 pm by noodle0117 »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »

I say either butcher or atom-smash. If we pit them all into hell, the only thing it'll end up doing is making a god awful miasma spewing mess. Which, I think, would be worse for the fps than current conditions.

Unless of course they survive the drop, in which case the same amount of pathfinding for those animals in spent on the damn things strutting around in hell.

Make me a sandwich instead.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:30 pm »

I just want to see them all go splash.
To prevent miasma problems, you could also dig out the ground above the drop chute so that hell will see the first rays of surface light.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 01, 2011, 04:49:34 am »

Private Record of the Prophet, Herald of Armok

In order to harvest the blood for our Lord, I have ordered a 26 z-level  shaft dug out.  The foul beasts will be kicked down the shaft, where they will be fall to their death on an obsidian grate.  The organs should stay on top of the grate and the blood should fall into the vat.  Despite my orders that the job be immediate complete, the halls are so cluttered with animals that it takes for seemingly ever to dig out the tunnel.   

Slate, 6th
The drop is almost done. All that is left is to place the floor grates.  Armok shall have his blood!
On a side note, I've ordered animals stuffed in the cage.  For easier murdering.

Felsite, 8th
My patience has run out!  These slow moving cocksuckers still have not finished our blood-harvesting shoot for Lord Armok! 

I'm amazed to find out that we are under attack by Goblins.  This isn't a new attack, apparently these slack-jawed hoopleheads have been milling about the outside of our fortress, "siegeing" us for months now.  Really?  We have a fortress in Hell and use Goblins as suicidal.

Felsite, 13th
IT IS COMPLETED!
I've ordered every animal thrown into the shaft!  Oh Armok, he shall be so pleased!

It is time for our inaugural sacrifice!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is our first sacrifice.  Oh I bet he has so much blood in that little body of his!  He's kicked into the hole.

He falls!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!  LET THE SACRIFICES BEGIN!
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 01, 2011, 04:51:13 am »

This is like a Mafioso message, to the demons in hell...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 01, 2011, 04:58:10 am »

Hmm, doesn't seem to be harvesting the blood like I had hoped.

Oh well, at least we have meat salsa!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:44 am »

Malachite, 1st
By Armok, there's a lot of fucking gore at the bottom of that shaft.  At least 300 animals have been kicked down there, mostly turkeys and cats, and somehow we still aren't done. There's so much MEAT at the bottom of the shaft that its starting to stink up the joint.  (Seriously guys, there's like 100 pages of gore on that one tile.)  But at least Armok is pleased and I'm not stepping in turkey shit every five seconds trying to walk from my room to the pisser at night.  I'm tempted to kick the goblins down there too, but Armok prefers their blood be shed in battle.  Well, less battle, more accurately it's them flailing about naked while my champion cuts him from throat to pisser but who needs semantics.

I've determined what we shall put in our Doomburgers from now on.  God there's enough of the stuff.

Not shown: 99 other pages of body parts.

On another note, I've decided to start destroying some of the piles of stone we have around here in an atom smasher.  Frankly there's a ton of it and I'm sick of looking at it.  Also, our mechanic, some heathen hooplehead named Noodle, insists he can build "the best damned dwarven atom smasher this side of Fistmachines".  I let him tinker, knowing if he fails me, he shall be punted into the Shaft of Chunky Meat-Salsa along with the rest of the Armok-damned miasma.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:34 am »

Man I am just loving this.
Have any of the animals miraculously survived?
Are the walls at least completely painted red now?
And will we actually use these body parts for food?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 175