Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836171 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #630 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:30 am »

1. Nope.  All have died.  Even with the big cushion of meat I assume everything is still being stabbed to death by bones.
2. Oddly, no.  But there is a odd pool of blood that stands about 3 z-levels tall.
3. Sadly no.  It's all rotten into miasma now.  Even if we wanted to recover it, with the way we're going it would take forever to recover any.

On the bright side, most the animals have been put to death.  Once I finish with the stone cleaning and (with help of dfhack) a little cleaning and purging of useless junk, the framerate might come up again.

On the other hand, murdering everyone's pets might just lead to a very, very brutal tantrum, since the current insane loon overseer seems likely to promote an axe dwarf to the position of Captain of the Guard.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:15:35 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 01, 2011, 11:25:57 am »

well, if death gate can survive a spiral, maybe by assasinating only specific dorf pet animals at a time wile their locked in a containment room, then well have beaten 3 of the big 5 deaths of a fortress.

1. Forgotten beast syndrome
2. tantrum spiral
3. Clowndom
4. loyalty cascade
5.FPS standstill

so far weve only survived 1 of the 4. im confident its only a matter of time. ^^
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:10 am »

Malachite, 26th
Preparations are underway to smash all the useless stone we have lying around, however matters are complicated by the number of designated dump zones throughout the fortress.  This is a time consuming project, one that probably should never be accomplished.  None the less, Armok's whim is his own.

As the hauling continues, I've ordered BATTERY to be temporarily shutdown.  While it is a masterwork of dwarven engineering, I'm afraid the amount of time spent pulling turkey corpses out of the gears is taking from my cleansing of this place.  However, it seems nigh impossible to disable due to an inane intake system.  Even without any water flowing in, it still runs.  How is this possible?

I've noticed half of our fortress has been moved below ground, deep, deep below ground.  Completely excavated and smoothed out, the sub-fort is almost ready for habitation.  I approve the request to finish construction and order beds, cabinets, and doors installed where required in addition to approving construction on a few new workshops.  There's enough housing down here to move the entire fort, if one desired.

Malachite, 31st
I take back what I said about these hoopleheads.

How the HELL is that dwarf still alive?  She's got one damn arm and no legs and STILL is doing work around the fortress.  By Armok that is some terrifying shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And she's HAPPY.  Just what the hell has happened here to make triple amputation a "minor inconvenience"? 
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 03, 2011, 10:00:24 am »

The sub-fort? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 03, 2011, 10:07:44 am »

Yeah its down there a few levels above hell.  It's mostly done, just needs things installed.  Half the stockpiles are already down there, among other things.  I might as well finish it up.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 03, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

And she's HAPPY.  Just what the hell has happened here to make triple amputation a "minor inconvenience"?

I love this fort.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 03, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »

I think the scareist thing is, when I took that screenshot, Feb was doing a combat drill.

Yes, she was still on active duty in the military.

Deathgate, our dwarves are hardcore.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:49 am »

this is REALLY AWESOME! good work! :bow:

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 04, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »

Galena, 27th
Although their tenacity is impressive, the amount of injured, maimed, and otherwise useless dwarves that still inhabit this fortress has become a burden.  The only dwarfy way to handle this problem is to sacrafice them to Armok so they may be at peace.  As such, I've devised an ingenius system for the killing them in a humane fashion.

By being kicked falling jumping to their deaths of course!

Of course, dwarven sacrifices require a little more... flair than just a pit.  So I've ordered the construction of an obsidian pyramid, decoared with red stone, to be constructed in order to conduct dwarven sacrifices.

Blood shall flow for Armok!

Galena, 28th
Catten Rimtarigath, a pump operator, has been taken by a fey mood.  He claims a craftsdwarf workshop.  Hopefully he makes something in reference to Armok, else he might end up on the sacrificial altar.

Limestone, 6th
Despite my absolute and unquestioned authority, the dwarves have refused to pit the remaining animals despite my repeated threats of "blood for armok".  Some have said the pit simply wont handle anymore organs but I know better.  Further investigation is required.

Limestone, 13th
Catten has finished his craft. 

This isn't for Armok.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've ordered him flogged for disregarding Armok in his art.  However, I offer leniency since the battle-axe is very well engraved.

Limestone, 23rd

Not really the wisest of choices for our fellow dwarves.  However I can't really blame them.  If your choices are getting punched to death in Fistmachines or triple amuptation, I think most would take the triple amputation.

Oh well, More blood for the blood god!  More skulls for the skull throne!  More meat for the meat salsa!

Sandstone, 13th
As work continues, I've looked over the state of Deathgate's military and find out we have a paltry force.  Numerous goblin invasions, combined with the fact we invaded and conquered freakin' hell in Armok's name, has left us with a pathetic force.  Although grizzled, well-trained, and equiped in adamatine, our army is a tiny force.  Time for some conscription!

Sandstone, 15th
I've conscripted 10 usless peons noble followers into the once-fallen squad, the Confederations of Ink.  However, these ten dwarves will not be training just yet.  Instead they will be mining for a year to toughen them up.  Following that, they should be trained in wrestling, followed by either Axe training or hammer training.  These ten dwarves shall, hopefully, become the champions of Armok.

Or floor warmers, whichever comes first.

Sandstone, 20th
Construction on the foundations of the monument to Armok has begun, although progress is hampered by finishing the cap on the volcano and by work on Hell's Breach.  However, I am confident that this monument will satisfy Him. 

Sandstone, 23rd
As I overlook the construction of the monument, I've noticed that our front entrance is a bit, dirty.

Look at all those troll bodies dirtying up our road.  By Armok there's a ton of them.  I'm already aware of the two dozen trolls and two dozen goblins stinking up our dungeons but do we really need them smelling up our bridge?  They've spilt their blood for Armok, time to go into the magma or something.

Timber, 23rd
At long last, the great volcano has been capped.  This means that foul demons cannot burst onto the land.  It also means we have a nice, warm terrace for the spilling of blood for Armok.

With this finished, focus can shift to Armok's monument and Hell's breach.

Timber, 26th
A fire demon has appeared at the construction site of Hell's Breach.  Although he cannot enter the fortress, he has halted construction.  I order the marksdwarves into the breach, where they can rein bolt-y death on the foul demon.

Moonstone, 7th
Our veteran marksdwarves engage the Haunt of Fire.

However...

Is it dead or did it run like a bitch?  I don't know how these cocksuckers work.  As far as I'm concerned they're an abomination.  They don't have any blood to spill!

Either way, victory is ours.

Or so I thought.

Just as I order construction restarted, Nekol Gosmerkor, a forgotten beast, jumps onto the raised platform.  With the military already on there way to the barracks, Jamesadelong is the only person around. Too bad for him, the beast is standing between him and the only exit.  I order the military back into the breach.  But I already know Armok is going to have his daily blood.

Jamesadelong runs around the security room while the forgotten beast chases him.  With superdwarvenly speed, he makes it to the trap door as the beast circles back around to him.  However, he cannot open the trapdoor.

A god damn duck is sitting on it, holding it down. (No seriously.  I didn't grab a screenshot, but there was duck sitting on it and apparently holding it closed.)
With his escape cut off and the beast approaching, he takes off again.  Just as the beast approaches the stairwell, something odd happens.

It fires out a blast of frozen extract.  James is lucky and spared the blast, but the beast still stands between him and survival.  He takes off again as the beast readies another blast of extract...

To be continued...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:37:48 pm by AnimaRytak »

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 04, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »

I've devised an ingenius system for the killing them in a humane fashion.
Humane?

By being kicked falling jumping to their deaths of course!
You had me worried.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 04, 2011, 07:29:11 pm »

I've devised an ingenius system for the killing them in a humane fashion.
Humane?

You know, causes of death that involve exploding into gore, burning to death, mauling, and multiple catastrophic organ lacerations.  Death by old age is just barbaric for dwarves.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 04, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »

When we last left off, Jamesadelong is running for his life from a Forgotten Beast, in Hell.  Can he survive?

Moonstone, 9th

I don't think he's gonna make it.
Oh Lord Armok, please accept this offering of blood.  And make his death a gory one!

Another huge blast of breath booms out, covering the area in dust.  James is knocked off the platform and lands on the ground of hell. The beast descends on the mechanic and lets loose another blast.

He loses consciousness as his arm is snapped.

As the brutality continues, the fortress champion, Karakzon arrives.
This dwarf is a god damned legend within the fortress.  Incredibly agile, amazingly strong, nearly inexhaustable, and made of iron, he wields the legendary adamatine spear, Umidirtir Minkot Ibesh.  I order him into battle.  He responds with a terrifying grin and charges through the brink.

Karakzon strikes the first blow.  The insane bastard BITES the damn forgotten beast in the lower body, fracturing the beasts bone.  The beast pulls back, only to be met by a fury of spear stabs that gashes the beasts leg.  He dodges the counter attack and twists his spear in the wound and kicks the beasts wing, shattering it.  He stabs the beast yet again before biting it in the chest.

The fighting is furious and woefully one sided.  Karakzon, true to his fame, continually manhandles the forgotten beast.  To its credit, the beast takes a tremendous beating.  During the course of the fight, the beast tries to flee.  When the other solidiers arrive and open up the floor hatch, it bursts through.

The beasts fortunes have run out.  Now outnumbered, the beast can only flail about helplessly as the Death-Hammers of Wrath descend like locust.  I cannot help but feel a great pride as they spill blood in the name of Armok.

After a brief, brutal skirmish, Nomal Zasitlikot beheads the beast.

Amazingly, Jamesadelong survived the encounter with only a broken leg.  Of course given the quality of Deathgate health care, he might never walk again.  But he has survived.

Deathgate stands unvanquished.

Moonstone, 10th
Doren Ulabshorast has been possessed and claimed a Mason's workshop.  Eventually he crafts some useless diorite grate.

Moonstone, 23rd
With hell temporarily secure, I've allowed the dwarves to collect the bodies of the dead and some of their adamantine equipment.  Construction continues at a frenzies pace.  A gate has been erected and connected to a lever in the new sub-fort.

However progress is interrupted when a Grey Phantom begins harassing the dwarves.  He begins to chase Kol Rashfiod, a milker, around hell.

Just as I figured, it goes poorly.  The first blow shatters the milker's arm and sending him flying.  The milker vomits before the gray devil shows off his kickboxing.  It's a slow process.  The gray phantom seems to delight in torturing the dwarf.

The brutality is epic.  The dwarf dies a painful, agonizing death.
Armok is happy.

Moonstone, 27th

More fighting in hell today.  An assassin bug attacks and mauls one of the miners working, Turdbeard II.  Nomal, with Tryrar and Karazkon's help, slaughters the beast, but not before he grievously wounds Nomal and slashes open Karakzon.  Nomal has a broken wrist, but is otherwise fine.  Karkazon, however, has a broken spine.

Hopefully our champion lives.  Turdbeard however, suffocates after the fight.  As the dwarves take stock, another assassin bug darts for the group.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:49:00 pm by AnimaRytak »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 05, 2011, 03:10:51 am »

bite a forgotten beast to death to get hit by a cheep shot spinal injury.

Hope nervous tissure is just bruised, then if the nerve raws have heal in it ill not end up retireing a cripple. at least just yet.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 05, 2011, 03:20:35 am »

May I ask how my dorf is doing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 05, 2011, 05:38:46 am »

May I ask how my dorf is doing?

I second this. Can we have a roll-call of all the dorfed dwarves, please?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 175