Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835991 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #675 on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:16 pm »

Wow. That's a hell of a monument (literally). I could NOT make anything like it anytime soon, because of either FPS standstill, or boredom.

EDIT: Can I lead a marksdwarf squad of my own to fame? I would fight gallantly, I promise. And if ever, I wish to go down in flames and glory, instead of sitting around here rotting, on boredom and booze. When I die, commit my body and possessions (including weapons and artifacts I have made) to the fires of Hell, and engrave a legendary memorial slab in my memory of gallant fighting and fearless conquests.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:25:37 pm by UristMcHuman »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:57 pm »

I wish we had more red-colored stone like bauxite or more cinnabar.  I would've added some red accents to it...

Ya know, I still might.  Make a line of red floors coming from the altar to the stairs, like blood is flowing into the fort from the sacrifices.

Perhaps a bit cliche, but I can't help but think magma trenches would be the way to go in this situation.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

Dwarves can use trenches? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2011, 09:58:54 pm »

Use the channel command, bro.

Ok, but how effective would they be?  Will they help the marksdwarves survive?  Even against enemies as powerful as demons?  Because if so, trench warfare could be a viable option of expanding and defending the mini-fort in hell.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 08, 2011, 10:47:43 pm »

Dude.  That monument is AWESOME.  And you totally should add magma.  That's not cliche; it's classic! ;)
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 08, 2011, 10:59:06 pm »

Use magma to boil blood? <fantasy> If we had a setup where every sacrifice ended in a plume of blood vapor... </fantasy>

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 09, 2011, 05:33:32 am »

Use the channel command, bro.

Ok, but how effective would they be?  Will they help the marksdwarves survive?  Even against enemies as powerful as demons?  Because if so, trench warfare could be a viable option of expanding and defending the mini-fort in hell.

No, they aren't useful defensively. They would keep magma from getting everywhere though, and I never suggested them as a defensive option. More as a decorative one.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 09, 2011, 06:05:46 am »

the only way to use trenches for defense is a channel line, a normal space and then fortifications, so you can move dwarves about without exposing them to line of sight needlessly. Oh, and to remove the majority of the ramps. but even then you run major risks and deamons can fly so.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 09, 2011, 03:33:25 pm »

Limestone, 1st
The following journal entries are hastily scrawled.

Last night, in my dreams, Armok called out to me.

He said the monument was lacking.
He said it required the blood of the earth.

I have receieved his message.

There must be magma.

Limestone, 10th
Channels are being dug, iron grates being constructed, path to magma still remains to be planned.

Ordered hematite dug out.  We need the red rock for Armok.

Limestone, 12th
Militia commander Blade Master went on a trantrum.  Nothing broke, no one hurt.  Must relieve him of duty for now.

Limestone, 17th
Finally shot deer on bridge with a balista bolt.  Spilled lots of blood for Him.

Sandstone, 13th
Almost finished with magma.  Need more iron grates.  Much more iron grates.

Sandstone, 21st
Paindeer still alive.  How?  His liver broken.  And hanging from torso.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fire balista again.

Bolt miss, maul Tekkud Oltarbuket.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reload.

Only bruises.

Stupid paindeer!

Timber, 2nd
Narquille gone insane.  Babble incoherently.  He no longer useful.  Need new bookkeeper.  Yes.

Timber, 3rd
Onul Koganshis withdraw from society.  He takes craftwarfs shop.  Must keep watch.

Timber, 8th
Ghost attack Baelor, stun him.

Must do something about ghost.

Timber, 13th
Caravan arrives.  Will trade.

Timber, 14th
Stupid cocksuckers.  Let loose badgers and foxes.  Now must kill them, can't trade them.

Timber 15th

I knew I smell goblins.
Let come, more blood for Armok.  More skulls for his throne.

Timber, 17th
Goblins like temple.  Spot Goblin Mace Lord staring.  Heathen goblins.  Not understand importance.

Trolls on bridge. 

Trolls not on bridge anymore.

Timber, 21st
Tryrar depressed. Melancholy.  Bed ridden since last fight.  Paralyzed.
Not good for Deathgate.
Not good for Armok.

Timber, 24th

Armok temple almost done.  Need more grates.  A statue.  Sacrifice needed.  For Armok.

Timber, 25th
Goblins hiding.

Pull the lever...

...cant figure out which lever release magma.

Timber, 29th
Paindeer still live.

What hell.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:36:18 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 09, 2011, 05:26:19 pm »

Yeesh, first Karakzon, now Tryrar?  Deathgate's champion speardwarves have no luck, do they?

EDIT: Maybe that artifact spear is cursed....
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 09, 2011, 05:36:16 pm »

A bunch of our dwarves were paralyzed in the fight in hell and went insane after being bedridden for months.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:30 pm »

Ahh, that explains it.  I still like the "cursed artifact spear" explanation, though. ^_^

By the way, that deer is hardcore.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 09, 2011, 06:40:58 pm »

I don't know how the hell he's still alive, other the fact our ballista arrowheads are made of nerf foam.  He took one to the face and came out with a bruise.  Still he's walking around with his liver hanging out, so Paindeer is an earned title.

I even mauled an innocent dwarf trying to kill him. 

I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 

Viva la Deathgate!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 175