Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837960 times)

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

That's actually one of the things that's been giving me a bit of trouble. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to safely expand the bunker, especially in regards to getting the military to destroy some forgotten beasts. I mean, I could definitely wall off a section and open a breach, but that would likely endanger at least one civilian and would probably split off only a small group of the military that would actually get into Hell. Plus, any breach is going to  draw every single creature there to the fort, namely 4 demons, a non-syndrome(fortunately) forgotten beast, and a flying forgotten beast with a poisonous bite. While I am fairly confident in the ability of the military to take on any one of these beasties upon being equipped, I'm considerably less confident about having all of them at the same time.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2011, 09:04:02 am »

Once again, "moron"? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:17 am »

Once again, "moron"?
Sorry, sometimes I get too much into roleplaying. You have to admit, if someone came up to you and told you he was a templar in a world where templar never existed... ;) Anyway, you're not actually a moron. :)
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:05 am »

I knew that  :P  Nice roleplaying, anyway. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:06 am »

Well, coming down through another spire was a fine idea until that winged forgotten beast showed up. I would think the best bet would be to deconstruct a section of a wall, then swiftly build out from there. Make sure masons are on hand so it gets done quickly, and keep soldiers nearby, so... Well, you know.

If the monsters are a sufficient distance away from the bunker, they shouldn't come sprinting at the dwarves.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2011, 10:33:21 am »

Well, coming down through another spire was a fine idea until that winged forgotten beast showed up. I would think the best bet would be to deconstruct a section of a wall, then swiftly build out from there. Make sure masons are on hand so it gets done quickly, and keep soldiers nearby, so... Well, you know.

If the monsters are a sufficient distance away from the bunker, they shouldn't come sprinting at the dwarves.
See, that's just the problem. Both are hanging out in the general vicinity of the bunker.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:40 am »

See, that's just the problem. Both are hanging out in the general vicinity of the bunker.

Hmm, okay, that's a fairly serious problem then. Of course, If they're hanging out by the bunker... You might be able to set up a secondary bunker away from that through one of the spires.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:10 pm »

Fifty pages of Deathgate!

And in truth, the Forgotten beasts may or may not be a huge threat.  The one that was killed during my turn was a push over and it was the demon's that fucked up most of the troops.  Of course that's a game of chance.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »

carve fortifications and use them as target practice? thats the usual response to daemons outside of dwarven walls.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »

We have the marksdwarves for that, that's for sure.  That squad is a dwarven gattling gun.

Deathgate, Masters of Bone-Bolt diplomacy.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

I think we should catch the next syndrome Forgotten Beast we find and see if we can't kill the demons with inhalement-vector poisons.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2011, 05:27:22 pm »

Sounds like a job for Derm the SCIENCE! dwarf.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 13, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »

Anyone wanna post an update on what the current fort in hell looks like?

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 13, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »

^Seconded.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:54 pm »

I just wanted to say you're all mad loons for wanting to put a fortress in hell.  That said, I have my own scheme for the HFS - I'm making plans to take it and wall it off around the perimeter.  Turn hell into a nice little suburb.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 175