Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838098 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #765 on: September 21, 2011, 04:13:09 am »

I also have a dare for your fort, if it's feasible;  Channel down all the way from the surface, into hell over the farm, and grow sunberries or strawberries as the final insult to the local demons.

Possibly feasible.  We could only pull it off  if the candy spires have a straight z-shaft from hell to the rock.  Of course, caverns make engineering a neccessity.  And at the end of the day you'd only have a 2x2 plot of strawberries if your lucky.

Still.  It's dwarfy as hell.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Luzahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:36 am »

Well, you could go 1x1, and just have a lone berry.  Mocking them.

Is it possible to solidify the lava sea? with a river or aquifer?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:34:03 am by Luzahn »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 21, 2011, 08:44:24 am »

Well, you could go 1x1, and just have a lone berry.  Mocking them.

That's pretty much what i meant.  I doubt you could get much bigger than that unless you got VERY lucky with the spire's layout

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 21, 2011, 08:48:55 am »

Imagine making a stone wall, in hell, completely engraved with pictures involving demons, dying, in a fetal position, crying, etc. 

The Wall of Shame. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:10 am »

Imagine making a stone wall, in hell, completely engraved with pictures involving demons, dying, in a fetal position, crying, etc. 

The Wall of Shame.

Scoreboard!

On a side note, Deathgate needs an excerpt for the Hall of Legends.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 21, 2011, 09:12:13 am »

You mean like a tagline or quote?

I always thought:

"Welcome to Deathgate, home of the Doomburger, may I take your order?"

was the tagline of this awesome fortress.

Is it really possible to, I dunno, mod in doomburgers? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 21, 2011, 10:19:12 am »

I mean a short of description of what Deathgate is and what we've done.

Something like

"In a world where triple amputation is minor inconvenience and the last dwarven king was punched to death by a bronze colossus, the dwarven kingdom of the Basement of Murder sends the seven dwarves to found a new stronghold and tasked them with doing the impossible.  To colonize Hell."

I also like this:

Quote from: AnimaRytak
I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 

If anyone can come up with a good one, feel free to share.  Deathgate's madness is nigh impossible to describe in human tongues.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 21, 2011, 10:29:18 am »

Quote from: AnimaRytak
I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 

I vote for this.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 21, 2011, 10:37:07 am »

Does no-one else find it ironic that a fort that struck out to colonize hell is a member of a government called "The Basement of Murders"?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:35 am »

Does no-one else find it ironic that a fort that struck out to colonize hell is a member of a government called "The Basement of Murders"?

In retrospect, that is a hilarious coincidence.
I'm sorta kicking myself for not noticing that connection before.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:35 am »

If i can, can i get dwarfed as "That Aussie Dwarf" with the title "Noticer of Things"?

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 22, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

Rashinod Okbodgeshud: A Dwarven Stronghold-turned-hellspawn-resort where Insanity and Triple Amputation are household names and Demons are something that squat on your lawn. It is a place only Armok could love. Welcome to Deathgate the Doom-Fortress, where Hell is just another prefecture.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 22, 2011, 03:36:38 am »

"Deathgate:  Is it warm down here, or is it just me?"

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 22, 2011, 05:59:53 am »

Deathgate: It's living (in) Hell.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:35 am »

Those are all fine tag lines but that's not what we need.  We need a little blurb that'll get people going "Well that's interesting".
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 175