Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837300 times)

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #900 on: October 11, 2011, 04:44:03 pm »

it would be even better if my old dwarf had a son to avenge his father by slaying the demonic hordes
His ghostly father won't let him join the military because he'll just be KILL by demons.
No Velard. You are the demons.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 11, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »

sad panda?
voice of evil reason

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 12, 2011, 02:00:22 pm »

Hey, I was wondering if I was ever redorfed after my...unfortunate incident, and if not, redorf me as Tryrar III
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

BTW, How is my dwarf - Al - doing?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #904 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:29 pm »

Huh, I'm fighting :D
I like the way you sprinkled furious fighting with a calm scene ... its like those movies where people are talking, with lots of cut-tos to fighting (or running).

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 12, 2011, 05:08:16 pm »

Dworf me as:

Name: Alex the Red
Job Name: Plague Surgeon
Profession: Mainly Medical skills, Chief Medical Dwarf would be great. Don't give me too many other labors though since we really need some good dedicated doctors.

Also sign me up in the overseer queue; it'd be great to get to streamline Death Gate's health care system all while getting a chance to conduct some dwarven medical experiments on the demonic incursion.  ;D

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2011, 05:36:46 pm »

Did the animal trainer that The Mad Fool recovered survive his ministrations?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

Can I be dorfed?

I'd like an ax dwarf.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

Dworf me as:

Profession: Mainly Medical skills, Chief Medical Dwarf would be great. Don't give me too many other labors though since we really need some good dedicated doctors.

Also sign me up in the overseer queue; it'd be great to get to streamline Death Gate's health care system all while getting a chance to conduct some dwarven medical experiments on the demonic incursion.  ;D

Chief Medical Dwarf is taken by "The Mad Fool".
But we can sign you up as his assistant.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 13, 2011, 12:18:46 am »

Is the Noticer of Things still alive in Deathgate?

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 13, 2011, 01:29:57 am »

Dworf me as:

But we can sign you up as his assistant.

That's alright, I won't be his assistant but I'll be another doctor on the floor.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 13, 2011, 07:14:42 pm »

Does this mean that Deathgate finally has a working hospital?  Or is this the reason for the health care system's poor performance?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 13, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »

Does this mean that Deathgate finally has a working hospital?  Or is this the reason for the health care system's poor performance?

One of the reasons why the health care system performs poorly.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 13, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »

If the Dwarven Health Committee came to Deathgate, they would list that the place is full of blood and gore, (especially the goblin coated bridge) smells like years of endless suffering, the hospital is so low-quality that they are saving their only roll of bandages in case of an emergency, the death rate is terrifyingly high, the birthrate is depressingly low, and they can smell the splattered, decaying remains of mutilated demons, unprotected babies, heroic warriors, idiot hauler dwarves, the mass grave of 500+ innocent pets, and one badass deer. Not to mention all the ghosts. Deathgate has ghosts that continue to fight off invaders after death.

"Congratulations, you pass! Keep up the good work!"
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:39 pm »

Spoiler: Status of Blead (click to show/hide)

Did the animal trainer that The Mad Fool recovered survive his ministrations?

Alas, that Animal Trainer is no longer with us.  He went melancholy in bed and died a few weeks later.

Al has been happy lately, and is getting used to tragedy.  She's a Grand Master Marksdwarf, with fourteen kills, two of them demons, one of them a fearsome turkey.

Alex the Red, ecstatic lately, is a talented surgeon and wound dresser.  She enjoys bumblebee mead and has a very distinct laugh for when she's excited.

BullDog is a novice axedwarf that got three of the forgotten beast kills last month.  He is easily moved to pity and very friendly.

ThatAussieDwarf is still alive and uninjured, and is at the moment hauling furniture.  He choked on smoke underground lately, but is otherwise quite content.

Tryrar III is a recruit with an exceptional adamantine spear.  He is concerned about rejection and ridicule, and likes penguins for their way of flying through the water.

Yourfears II is the adopted son of Yourfears (yourfears died without any living relatives).  He is uncomfortable with change and quick to anger, but finds helping others rewarding.

I haven't had much time to work on an update, but it is forthcoming.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 175