Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832596 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 04:03:33 am »

I'd like dorfing and a turn, if you'd be so kind. I want to be part of an epic succession game!

Name: BladeMaster
Job Name: Limb remover
Profession: Militia Captain/swordsdwarf

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 04:38:08 am »

I'd like dorfing and a turn, if you'd be so kind. I want to be part of an epic succession game!

Name: BladeMaster
Job Name: Limb remover
Profession: Militia Captain/swordsdwarf

Hopefully noodle (or wlerin)  gets a military up and running.  There's plenty of dwarfs for the dorfing though.  You've been scheduled for turn 4 (roughly).  Noodle never replied back so I haven't put down any hard numbers yet.  I'll shoot him a PM to make sure he still interested.

Also, I'll make a dorf list on the first post, so the current player knows who needs dorfed and who's been dorfed or needs a redorf.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:45 am »

I got the PM, and I'll be starting soon.
I've played and made a fairly strong fortress while using the fortress defense mod, but I've never played against demons before, so I might just leave the Hell breaching activity for someone else.

I'll be dwarfing myself.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:16 am »

I got the PM, and I'll be starting soon.
I've played and made a fairly strong fortress while using the fortress defense mod, but I've never played against demons before, so I might just leave the Hell breaching activity for someone else.

I'll be dwarfing myself.

That's fine.  In fact I'd rather wait until like, turn 10+ to breach hell.

Of course it all depends on how we do it.  Do we send 50 adamantium clad, danger-room trained, druken zealots into hell or just make a giant spear hallway?   Or do we wanna play fair and not use "gamey" tactics.   I'm fine either way as long as the result is something bloody and epic.

And as long as their's doom burgers when we're done.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:12 am »

Hope you don't mind if I use vanilla because that's how I'm used to playing, plus I play with a mac.

Nice volcano btw.
It'll be plenty useful.
Plenty useful indeed...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:30:12 am by noodle0117 »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:45 am »

Spring 752

From the Diary of Noodle, Mechanic and Fortress Overseer

Today, the role of Fortress Overseer has been handed to me. The previous overseer, AnimaRytak, seems to have subsided into an unusually silent and unexpressive state while occasionally muttering about “clowns” and the "circus" whenever he is angry.  He still makes a fine broker/manager/bookkeeper, so we can still keep him around, but his reluctance to trusting others makes me somewhat wary about what exactly happened during his reign.

Anyways, now that I’m in rule, things are going to change now. First of all, this place is a mess. The hallways are crowded with boulders, the farms are littered with rocks, and the bedrooms literally have stones for pillows. Luckily, AnimaRytak has prepared a nice little 1X1 storage room for any trash we don’t want, so for now, I’ll be designating hauling jobs for everyone, “yes you too AnimaRytak, as much as you’d rather shut yourself in your room counting the number of plump helmet seeds.”

Understanding the importance of a proper meeting hall, I leave TurdBeard and Irony to their current task of hollowing out the dining room. Once they’re finished with that job, I’ve made sure to keep em busy by designating the task of digging out extra storage space for our raw materials.

The inner and outer bridges that link our fort to the outside world have also been properly aligned to their right levers, so with those tasks set up and my fellow dwarves busy hauling piles and piles of stone away, I feel like I’ve done enough for the day so I’ll just retire to my room for a nice little snooze.

Now if only I knew what was irking out AnimaRytak so much...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:42:54 am by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:47:37 am »

I’ll be designating hauling jobs for everyone, “yes you too AnimaRytak, as much as you’d rather shut yourself in your room counting the number of plump helmet seeds.”

Tyrant!  Rebellion!  Anarchy!

I always end up turning off my leader's hauling skills, otherwise I'd never get the little bastard to trade.  Even without hauling on its a pain. He really, really, really likes updating his stocks. 

Also you can go ahead and change his profession title to something like, "Unhinged Founder".  I think I had it set to "Leader" and forgot to change it.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 09:52:01 am »

Hopefully noodle (or wlerin)  gets a military up and running.
What's a military?

>_> <_<
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 10:56:22 am »

What's a military?

>_> <_<

It's a select few dwarves chosen from the populace to act as the first ones to die before the inevitable downfall of the mountain home.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 11:13:05 am »

What's a military?

>_> <_<

It's a select few dwarves chosen from the populace to act as the first ones to die before the inevitable downfall of the mountain home.

Dwarfy.

Also, is it just me, or do we not have a queen or a king?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »

We don't? That means the civ is dead, which means less dwarves, doesn't it? Crud.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 05:38:14 pm »

We don't? That means the civ is dead, which means less dwarves, doesn't it? Crud.

I'm really not sure what happened in this world.  But after 461, there's no historical records.  The last Queen on record was Geshud Losisgusil in 426.  She was struck down in Walledbells in 428.  I think we might be living in some messed up post-apocalyptic dwarf world, where twilight hags have killed everyone.   Civilizations nominally exist but they don't have any leaders.  I'm tempted to run around in adventure mode just to see if anyone is still alive.

I think we might be in for more fun than I thought.

Also, there's some pretty awesome names in this gen.  Massivedemons,  the goblin stronghold.   Reignfiend, a goblin stronghold led by the Scourge of Fortresses.   The Messanic Society. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:42:46 pm by AnimaRytak »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

To Blade Master,

I've got two decent axedwarfs around, but no swordsdwarves yet.
Would you like to become a jittery and nervous female dwarf who is a lover of axes despite her insistence of calling said axes "Swords?"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »

Can I has a go???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 175