Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832647 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 11:38:33 pm »

I guess I could try my hand at a danger room/archery range. Do we have any artifact steel spears? >_>
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:38 am »

Can I has a go???

You've been scheduled for turn 5.

I guess I could try my hand at a danger room/archery range. Do we have any artifact steel spears? >_>

Dwarven Shiskabab Room!

[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 01:25:04 am »

Mid Spring 752

Adil Kubukkulin, a lover of battle axes, is made as our first militia commander. Though he isn’t quite the strongest dwarf around, he is quite quick to heal and I believe he should make for a fine first commander. The squad is to be named “Mountainous Hooves,” which I believe to be quite a suitable name considering the fortress location. To prevent him from becoming lonely while on patrol duty, I’ve also paired him up with a few fellow dwarves.  For now, they only have weak wooden weapons, but once I get a proper smithing industry running, they will be walking around in the finest armor we have.

Mid Spring 752

A migrant wave has arrived today.

1 clothier
1 milker
1 novice mason/clothier/milker
1 woodburner
1 novice fighter
1 adequate axedwarf
1 doctor
1 woodcutter
1 fish dissector
1 competent jeweler
1 cheesemaker
1 miner
1 grower/miner/engraver
1 hunter
1 furnace operator
1 herbalist
1 shearer
1 gem cutter
1 glassmaker
1 agile, quick to heal, mighty, incredibly tough, and willing to persist in the face of any difficulty until the task is complete, peasant.

Well least we have enough haulers for now.

----------

Ingiz Thadinod, a tense and jittery dwarf with a very agile and very slow to tire physical composition, is one of the migrants that recently came to our fort. After her impressive display of adequate axedwarfship and proficient dodging skills, I’ve decided to immediately recruit her into the military. Though it seems rather cruel to demote the first militia commander of the fort with someone else, I believe that Ingiz’s superior fighting experience is something that shouldn’t be missed.

Late Spring 752

While wandering the hallways one day, barking out orders to my minions fellow dwarves to hurry up the hauling process, I happened to notice a particularly curious device.

Pumpetual waterwheel machines were what they were called I think. The device however, was inactive, and being the spirited mechanic I was, I just had to figure out how it worked.
A quick manual cranking of the device started the water flow, which in turn spun the watermill that powered the pump that continued the water flow that spun the watermill that powered the pump that continued the water flow…
Well anyways it works now while giving a net output of 65 power, more than enough to turn the tiny millstone it was intended to give life to.
Upon closer inspection however, I've noticed that its power output is non-continuous. It'll work one second, and become inactive the next. Proper reconfiguration will be required.

Early Summer

As the gates of solid stone stretch their openings, magma pours through the crevices giving warmth to the once cold and desolate chambers. The smithing industries are finally operational!

The halls shall soon be paved with Gold
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:56:29 am by noodle0117 »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 01:33:47 am »

MAKE THAT PEASANT A MILITARY DWARF NOW! With those stats he will be unstoppable...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 02:08:16 am »

Late Spring 752

Upon closer inspection however, I've noticed that its power output is non-continuous. It'll work one second, and become inactive the next. Proper reconfiguration will be required.

Probably just needs more water.  I think it needs around 15 or so units total for it to stay powered. 

Also, BOOYAH.  Forge and military.  Deathgate is now a fortress!
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 04:00:45 am »

Hey guys!
I'm also a longtime player/lurker, but I have yet to do a succession game.. Or post, in fact..
I'd love a turn on the fort!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2011, 04:03:45 am »

Hey guys!
I'm also a longtime player/lurker, but I have yet to do a succession game.. Or post, in fact..
I'd love a turn on the fort!

Turn 6 is yours.

Also, I think imma take one of the later turns, maybe 10 or so. 

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 04:10:33 am »

15 units of water...
on 4 different water holding tiles...
with the addition of one extra "control" tile...
20 units of water...
4 units deep each...
Combined with the theoretically infinite aquifer supply...
Automatically controlled via floodgate and hatches...

I now have a pretty sweet mechanical engineering idea!
But alas I'm afraid to try it out, because in all of my past succession forts, whenever I try to accomplish a ridiculously technologically dwarfy idea, it either malfunctions, breaks apart in the middle, or ends up flooding everything.
(you may have to scroll down a bit to find where I made those mistakes)

So should I attempt to make a giant dwarven power reactor?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:48:40 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 04:35:37 am »

15 units of water...
on 4 different water holding tiles...
with the addition of one extra "control" tile...
20 units of water...
4 units deep each...
Combined with the theoretically infinite aquifer supply...
Automatically controlled via floodgate and hatches...

I now have a pretty sweet mechanical engineering idea!
But alas I'm afraid to try it out, because in all of my past succession forts, whenever I try to accomplish a ridiculously technologically dwarfy idea, it either malfunctions, breaks apart in the middle, or ends up flooding everything.
(you may have to scroll down a bit to find where I made those mistakes)

So should I attempt to make a giant dwarven power reactor?

Only if we can find something dwarfy to use it for it.  Depending on where the aquifer extends out to, we might need a pump stack to run water up to the other floors (for drowning nobles and elves and such).   If so we'll need a reactor for it.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 05:08:41 am »

Building a massive water reactor is dwarfy in and of itself... the more complicated the better. 20,000 Urists should be the absolute minimum power output. *nods to self*
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:58 am »

Mid Summer, 752

9 peasants arrived today
1 butcher
1 spinner
2 gem setters
1 glazer
1 fisherdwarf
1 bowyer
1 strand extractor
1 very convenient weaponsmith

I’ll be sure to keep that weaponsmith busy

Much of the summer passes uneventfully as I continue to expand the metalsmithing industries.

A few extra dwarves are drafted into the military as I start to make proper weapons for them.

Late Summer, 752

Today, a human caravan from Anthath Zoka arrived. Though we have many jewelers and craftdwarves, I haven’t spent much effort on making trade goods. Hopefully there will be some valuable trash left over from the previous overseer.

Using the two little bins worth of crafts we have and a stack of 18 exceptionally prepared badger tallow roast, we take a couple of basic supplies and drink as well as every last bit of prepared food they had. After buying off all of their meat, I immediately order my cooks to prepare more lavish meals, which I then sell off to the foolish humans at X20 the original value, thus taking everything that I deem as necessary. Quite ironic how stacking a few pieces of meat together can instantly make it a luxury good. Maybe I should also dabble a bit in this mysterious art of “cooking.”

Early Autumn, 752

Last night, I had a dream. In that dream, I saw a monster, yet it was not a monster. It was moving and living, yet it was not alive. It’s life liquid was running throughout its body, yet it held no blood...

That pumpetual waterwheel machine I admired earlier just wont get out of my mind. It seemed so meek, so fragile, and yet so beautiful; the non-stop eddying of water flows driving the hypnotically spinning wooden wheels powering the all-controlling water pumps that made everything run. An engineering wonder…
No, it is not yet a wonder.
it is too small, too weak, too insignificant…
I must…

I must make it grow
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:04:22 am by noodle0117 »

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:44 am »

*Omnious thunder*

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 04:57:08 pm »

Deathgate's madness is a powerful force.

Future rulers may want to dig out an insane asylum.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

Early Autumn, 752

Work has begun on a new project. I call it the:

Big
Acceleration
Transforming
Transistor
Extracting
Raw
Energy
Yield

Or BATTEREY for short.

Any Dwarf who is neither a farmer, a soldier, or a parts producer is either given a pick to help dig out the massive construct, or sent to haul away the excess amounts of stone that is produced.

For faster access to parts, the nearby refuse stockpile is converted to a mechanisms/screwpumps/pipesections stockpile.

The nearby food stockpiles are made to hold wood, and rather than weapons, the forges...

are ordered to produce pump materials.

An extra staircase was also designated to help streamline material transportation. All processes are to be set at full speed.

Mid Autumn, 752

I had the same water pump dream last night, but this time, it felt much… darker. The details were blurry, but I could still remember how I could hear them, how they were scratching at stones, scratching at the very earth beneath our feet…

Work has continued like usual on the BATTEREY. The manager has reported that miners are digging as fast as they can, yet somehow I get the feeling that they’re getting slackier.

“Hey you! Irony! Get back to digging you lazy bastard!”

Irony stood up and began dragging his pickaxe on the ground.

“And put yer damn heart into it!”

Casting me a sidelong glance, he slouched off out of sight with a forlorn look on his face.
Laziness won’t be tolerated.

*Cracks knuckles* "One less beekeeper around here won't hurt."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:05:44 am by noodle0117 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 175