Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837527 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 09:42:21 pm »

I'd like a dwarf by the name of Germayne. Any military, but I'd prefer marksman if you can. Either gender.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »

EDIT:
I'm not quite sure why or how this was posted.  Somehow the first post got quoted here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:22:19 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 09:56:13 pm »

Also, wtf is wrong with the humans?

I think this is grounds for war my fellow dwarves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know, that might not be such a good idea...

The kittens have been assigned a small playpen. It should keep them warm and safe despite the many dangers presented by Deathgate:

Well, warm at least.

Units and Fort Overview:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:30:42 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:51 pm »

Hell, even though I've not done a succession fort before, I think I might actually put in a turn, though I'm gonna look around the fort first...

Edit: Umm, why when I load the save is the stone all messed up for me????
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:27:53 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:39 pm »

Oh jesus.  Just what we need, humans riding giant friggin badgers!

The kittens have been assigned a small playpen. It should keep them warm and safe despite the many dangers presented by Deathgate:

Well, warm at least.

Er, you should just stick them in the cage near the butcher shop.  They'll grow and be safe, and conviently located for Doom Burger production pet adoption.  Plus they wont be pathing.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:40 pm »

Oh jesus.  Just what we need, humans riding giant friggin badgers!
That's not all, but I cba to screenshot all the other things he's tamed.

Well, warm at least.

Er, you should just stick them in the cage near the butcher shop.  They'll grow and be safe, and conviently located for Doom Burger production pet adoption.  Plus they wont be pathing.
I don't think pathing is going to be an issue ... >_>

Also...
Units and Fort Overview:
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:20 pm »

nvm, i think the issue for me is that you guys are using a graphics pack. Next question is either how to disable it for the save, or what graphics pack you guys are using. Oh, and also, I DEFINITELY want a turn; I just got a brilliant idea or increasing fortress security involving a long hallway, many traps, and lava. Can't forget the lava!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:18 pm »

tryrar, there's a raws folder inside the deathgate save folder. delete that or replace it with one from your preferred graphics pack. If you use Ironhand's you might have to make a small modification to one of the files.

Also, I really like the bridge to nowhere. It's quite awe-inspiring.

Okay, pardon me, I must get into character.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:43:58 pm by wlerin »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2011, 10:46:06 pm »

tryrar, there's a raws folder inside the deathgate save folder. delete that or replace it with one from your preferred graphics pack. If you use Ironhand's you might have to make a small modification to one of the files.

Also, I really like the bridge to nowhere. It's quite awe-inspiring.

Okay, pardon me, I must get into character.

It's Deathgate's tongue.  It's waiting for snowflakes.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 10:57:44 pm »

Ah... well... I'm going to, ah, lengthen it.

Irony stood on the edge of the BATTEREY and wiped the sweat from her brow. The great machine was finally completed. Not that it had any purpose she could discern, apart from making an infernal racket.

Predictably, Noodle, the dwarf responsible for this contraption, had gone mad when it was finally completed. He was still going about his previous tasks, but his eyes had gone strange and from his mouth flowed a continuous stream of unintelligible babble. He hadn't taken a bath since the project started, and his beard was now a vermin-nest. She suspected there might even be roaches living in there. The very thought brought bile to her mouth.

Though she disliked the man intensely, there was no denying his mad plan had given direction and meaning to their lives. Without his overweening pomposityleadership, the fort would fall into chaos before winter.

Since no one else was stepping forward, Irony decided to take matters into her own, rather dusty, hands.

Chronicles of Deathgate the Doom-Fort
Pieced together from graffiti left by one "IM~" on the walls of the BATTEREY.

3rd Slate, 753
The fortress is in chaos. The old manager has lost his mind, there's a bridge to the sky, kittens are everywhere, it's three dwarves to a bed and all we have is wine. Which... is really good. But still. I need variety.

It falls to me to return some semblance of order to this place. To return us to the traditions of the mountainhomes.

Notes to self:
  • Grow something other than plump helmets.
  • Excavate some dormitories.
  • Put the kittens somewhere "safe".
  • Finish the dining hall, install wells, and decorate.
  • Perfect the entrance.
  • Think of something else something else to motivate everyone.
  • Make sure noodle doesn't kill anyone.

4th Slate, 753
Not another one! Now a Clothier has begun acting strangely, like a completely different person. She's now calling himself "Alkhemia".

Microcline, Microcline, Microcline! I'm sick of Microcline! One of the previous overseers put a microcline stockpile next to the masons. I must stop this madness at once.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:29:35 am by wlerin »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:53 pm »

.....odd. After copying vanilla raws into the folder(I don't use graphics packs) I keep getting a missing reaction definition error.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »

.....odd. After copying vanilla raws into the folder(I don't use graphics packs) I keep getting a missing reaction definition error.

Try using the lazy noob pack.  They have an auto-switcher for tilesets and a savegame updater.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2011, 11:11:04 pm »

will do....after locating the link in the DF file depot, that is!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

sorry for double post, but after a bit of messing around with the raws and lazy newb, i got it to work porperly, so I'm ready to play if/when my turn comes up!(You did remember to add me to the turn list, right?)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:31 pm »

sorry for double post, but after a bit of messing around with the raws and lazy newb, i got it to work porperly, so I'm ready to play if/when my turn comes up!(You did remember to add me to the turn list, right?)

Yes, you have been added.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 175