Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836390 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2011, 02:26:31 am »

So um... how's progress going?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:26 am »

Sorry, the pitchblende well is already down. Not sure how I'd go about channeling out that bottom square, letting in water. Seems dangerous.

Also, Noodle, what progress do you mean precisely?

Overseer's Journal: 9th Galena, 754

Nomal Zasitlikot created an interesting set of mechanisms.

Most impressive. If I ever fix the problem with that second well, I can use this mechanism when I set it up again.

It is almost Fall now. I have decided that our military is still lacking. As such, I have recruited new members, and am also forming a crossbow squad. I have designated an area near the barracks to be mined out and used as an archery range. We will not be caught without a skilled force of crosbowdwarves.

The pace of adamantine extraction is unacceptably slow, though not unexpected. Despite my coaching, the miners refuse to mine out unexposed adamantine. We are still getting the occasional chunk in this fashion, but it would be far more efficient to carve out each vein in its entirety. I have begun to hear whispered accusations of madness. For now, I will not give the miners a direct order to remove the main shaft of adamantine. They will simply have to carve out the remaining area around them, including the loose adamantine.

Eventually however, there will be nothing left to mine but the main veins. Then, they will either obey my commands, or I will hammer them myself. I want that adamantine.

A Forgotten Beast has appeared in the second cavern. It is sealed though, so it is a mere annoyance, and nothing more.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:17 am »

how is the millatery doing?

i know their newbies atm, but its nice to know if their getting half decent.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:47 am »

You could always excavate the adamantine yourself, after building a wall to keep the naysayers out. >_>

This might negatively impact fps, though.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »

You could always excavate the adamantine yourself, after building a wall to keep the naysayers out. >_>

This might negatively impact fps, though.

Nah. I'm just using addy madness as the shtick for my turn. Barring hilarious disaster, I know how I plan to end my turn.

Of course, just before I saved up last, a siege showed up. I haven't dispatched the troops yet, but hilarious disaster may be in the cards, either way.

Next post, I will update everyone on the military and their associated skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:54 am »

Double Post! I know, I'm sorry. Update though!

Overseer's Journal: 26th Galena, 754:

It has been an eventful week. We received word of an approaching human caravan. I demanded our trade goods brought to the Depot, and made myself ready to receive the humans into the fortress.

Imagine my surprise when one of the hunters returned, swearing up and down that a goblin siege had come. Needless to say, I prepared for the worst. I ordered everyone inside the gates. Despite this, several of the hunters took potshots at the goblins. Not that I can say they were in the wrong. After waiting a few short days, I realized the single squad of axemen the goblins had sent were the only goblin forces in the area. I mustered our forces to engage the enemy.

The battle was brief, and bloody. Luckily, we had no losses, though there were, I am told, minor injuries. Our one armed swordsdwarf, Tholtig Mengluslem, received a few slashes on his feet and legs. He has been ordered bed rest.

A few of the military are looking surly. I am looking into options for raising morale. I will report on this later.

Also, I've heard reports of more ghosts wandering the halls of the fortress. Unacceptable. I have designated a spot mined out, where I can arrange memorial slabs. A Mausoleum also needs to be carved out.

I've also evaluated the military skills of our fortresses inhabitants. I've attached to relevant notes underneath.

The Mountainous Hooves:
Ingiz Thadinod: Axedwarf, Militia commander
Skilled Axedwarf, proficient Marksdwarf, Competent Shield User, Adequate Armor User, Proficient Fighter, Adequate Archer, Novice Wrestler, Novice Striker, Proficient Dodger
Notes: None

Deler Erushdeduk: Swordsdwarf
Novice Swordsdwarf, Competent Armor User, Talented Fighter, Adequate Wrestler, Adequate Biter, Novice Striker, Skilled Dodger
Notes: Hospitalized with a head wound.

Tryrar Kubukkulin: Axedwarf
Skilled Axedwarf, Talented Fighter, Novice Wrestler, Novice Striker, Competent Dodger
Notes: No kills in combat yet.

Led Ushillikot: Speardwarf
Competent Speardwarf, Adequate Shield User, Adequate Armor User, Proficient Fighter, Adequate Wrestler, Adequate Striker, Competent Dodger
Notes: Nothing Important

The Gears of Day:
Udil Unibeddud: Recruit
No skills above dabbling.
Notes: Injured in the siege, damage to the left arm and hand.

Vucar Buketreg: Hammerdwarf
Competent Hammerdwarf, Competent Shield User, Competent Armor User, Competent Fighter, Competent Dodger
Notes: Currently Injured. Left foot cut open.

Aban Lecadast: Militia Captain
Adequate Hammerdwarf, Adequate Shield Dwarf, Adequate Armor User, Competent Fighter, Adequate Dodger
Notes: Currently tending to the wounded. Quite noble.

Kulet Omtun: Wrestler
Adequate Armor User, Adequate Fighter, Adequate Wrestler, Adequate Dodger
Notes: Training to become a swordsdwarf.

The Short Papers:
Tholtig Mengluslem: Fighter
Adequate Swordsdwarf, Adequate Shield User, Novice Armor User, Competent Fighter, Adequate Striker, Competent Dodger
Notes: Right lower Leg and left foot are cut open. Lost an arm previously. Seems to be used to tragedy.

Adil Monomamal: Fighter
Skilled Armor User, Proficient Fighter, Skilled Biter, Skilled Dodger
Notes: Also missing the right upper arm. Seems happy despite this.

Fath Dogikuzol: Fighter
Adequate Swordsdwarf, Novice Shield User, Competent Fighter, Novice Wrestler, Novice Striker, Adequate Dodger
Notes: Nadda

Vabok Nitigdatan: Tactician
Skilled Macedwarf, Competent Shield User, Competent Armor User, Skilled Fighter, Novice Striker, Skilled Dodger.
Notes:The husband of the current mayor.

Karakzon Besmararek Kilrudatesh Tosed: Macedwarf
Talented Macedwarf, Proficient Shield User, Skilled Armor User, Adept Fighter, Adequate Striker, Proficient Dodger.
Notes: Seven goblin kills. Oh, and a raccoon.

BladeMaster Uzoligam: Overseer
Novice Swordsdwarf, Novice Shield User, Adequate Fighter, Novice Striker, Competent Dodger
Notes: The Overseer duties leave me no time to train, unfortunately. I've still managed to acquire one kill though.

The Dented Armors:
Rovod Kelsanreb: Militia Captain, Marksdwarf
Novice Marksdwarf, Novice Armor User, Novice Archer, Novice Dodger
Notes: Has not begun formal training yet. Just as well, his medical skill will be useful, seeing as we have four injured right now.

OOC: Not doing that again.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2011, 02:01:24 am »

Lol, two of our fighters with missing limbs. Interesting how they seem to have the best mental condition.
Can you post a pic of the hospital?

Also, what is a tactician?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2011, 03:28:55 am »

thanks man ^^

seems its all going well. keep it up.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:12 am »

Lol, two of our fighters with missing limbs. Interesting how they seem to have the best mental condition.
Can you post a pic of the hospital?

Also, what is a tactician?

Done and doner.

As for what a Tactician is, I 'unno.  :-\

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2011, 06:33:29 am »

Nice Hospital.
I usually just lump a bunch of beds in a single room and call it a hospital.
Guess I should start putting some order into my room designing.
Also, what exactly are you trying to dig out in the upper left corner of the pic?
It'd be pretty awesome if it were some kind of cave in trap for unwanted outsiders, although judging from the design I'm guessing its not.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:15 am »

actually, it appears he's mining out an archery range, if I'm not mistaken. I personally don't go for archers myself, it can be hard to get them to actually shoot at the targets IMPE
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2011, 09:15:18 am »

There are ways to get them to train. Most of the time its because they want to do Melee training or something and you didn't set them up with an Armour/Weapon stand, so they go AWOL around the meeting hall...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2011, 09:38:13 am »

Hey Karazhon got himself a title. 

If anyone makes a danger room, he's going in first.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »

lol.
thanks. whats the title?

dont belive ive ever used danger rooms in my own fortresses. as such, realy bad ass dwarfs are alot rarer than youde think, but when their propperly bad ass, they realy realy are.

as for the archery range: lining them up in a row and creating each as a room usualy works for me, though it uses up alot of bolts, do you think doors and hatches could be utilised to create a amno efficient range? ill have to try this eventualy.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2011, 04:49:24 pm »

I didn't see germayne amontg the list of combatants. Did she not get to fight?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 175