Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832651 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:32 am »

Also, what exactly are you trying to dig out in the upper left corner of the pic?

That's ye olde archery range. I noticed we were missing one.
lol.
thanks. whats the title?

Pulleychurch The Bronze Radiance of Stops.

I didn't see germayne amontg the list of combatants. Did she not get to fight?

She may have been one of the Hunters shooting at the goblins. She's certainly not a member of the military. She's a legendary marksdwarf though.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2011, 06:28:53 am »

Overseer's Journal: 25th Timber, 754

I ordered a mausoleum dug, finally. With all my attention on Adamantine, I'd nearly forgotten my duties to those who have fallen. I am deeply ashamed. I don't feel well either. I'll  often forget what I'd been doing, and I woke up with a pick in my hand a few nights ago.
I'm beginning to fear that something is very wrong with me. I worked through the trade with the caravan from the mountainhomes in a daze. Alcohol has no taste these days. Something about this place is getting to me. I must find the cause.
Anyway, Oddom Urvadusen was possessed and claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop. He made a pine amulet. Woo-
I must go. There's been an ambush.
~Addendum~
Crisis averted. We lost a stray cat, and one of our wrestlers was struck repeatedly in the head by a hammer goblin, but we made it through without casualties.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2011, 07:10:52 am »

I'll take a turn at this too. Dorf me as Dariush, any legendary.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:20:23 am by Dariush »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:37 am »

I'll take a turn at this too. Dorf me as Dariush, any legendary.

You have been dwarfed as Dariush Imushkathil, or Dariush Dikewet, if you prefer.

Overseer's Journal: 8th Obsidian.

I had a kennel placed in one of the unused rooms, and trained up the the dogs we had into war hounds. No idea why this wasn't done sooner. Also, I have decided to set up a ballista battery at the end of the entrance hall. It might be well enough protected now.

~Addendum~

I just got back from an argument with one of the miners. I'll start from the beginning.

Yesterday, the last of the loose adamantine we're aware of was mined out. There'd nothing left but the main veins, along with anything submerged in the magma. Not that we can get to that. Yet. With any loose adamantine gone, I was certain the miners would be willing to mine out the core of the veins.
I was incorrect. They say we haven't processed what we have. Apparently, they think it would be worthwhile to mine for other metals and process the forty odd chunks of raw adamantine we have before tempting fate. I nearly struck him. How he dared question my judgement, I can not understand.

It matters not. I will send the miners to a remote section of the fortress, and do the job myself. It's been some time now since I've taken up the pick, but I still know which way you swing it! I will mine out the adamantine myself, the fools!! We'll see who's insane then!!! I WILL BE CLAD IN THE METAL OF THE GODS, AND NO FORCE WILL BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND ME!!!!!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »

I was hoping someone would take advantage of that entrance setup and use ballistas.

Also, Deathgate Madness strikes again!  I think a psych ward is needed.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »

maybe we should just dig out a chamber for all the previous overseers that have gone mental but with access to food and appropriate industries and stuff.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:10 am »

Journal of Kol Osirinod, Mayor, 1st Granite, 755:

A most disturbing set of events has transpired. Our Overseer, Blade Master, went completely insane yesterday. One of the stone haulers caught her mining into the heart of an adamantine tube, despite the danger. It took four hammerdwarves to subdue her. She is recovering in the hospital now. More bizarrely, she claims to have no memory of the last several months, except for the recent goblin ambush. Most bizarre.

In my best judgement, I believe it would be best if Blade Master never touched a pick for the rest of her life. Also, she is not to be allowed into any space beneath the Mausoleum. The chances of her attempting to break into the adamantine tube again, and the horrors she could possibly release... I'd rather not think about it. If we just keep her busy, sparring and fighting, we won't ever have to worry about this mess again.

We, however, will have to find someone new to take the mantle of command. I am only the mayor of this settlement. My job is to speak with liaisons and comfort grieving dwarves, not running a fortress. I will have to find someone.

OOC: So ends my run in Deathgate, home of the doomburger. As I said, all adamantine that's safe is mined out, as far as I know. (NOTE: What I know to be 'safe' is any adamantine not touching an unknown square. Someone might know better than me, in which case, have at it!)

The fortress defenses are solid as a rock, but we need more marksdwarves. We've got one. Uno. Not enough, ya dig? Plus we need a better siege system. Whenever goblins showed up, I had multiple animal deaths. For preference, we get everyone and everything inside, and then let them attempt to get across the bridge. What with all the weapon traps, ballistae (hopefully working correctly at that point) and the lack of OSHA compliance, most, if not all, attackers will be taking a multi-z-level drop. I've seen it mess them up before, it'll do it again. When the gobbos are stunned, send in the troops to finish them off.

I also set up another farm, just because I felt the farmers didn't have enough to do with their time. Speaking of, we have a LOT of idlers. I couldn't figure out what to do with them all. I suggest we make some kind of magma related mega-project. Our food stores are, well, see for yourself.

Also, oddly, turkeys aren't claiming the nest boxes on the level with the BATTEREY. Not sure why. I actually wanted a turkeysplosion, but no luck. Maybe the next player can do so.

Another thing I forgot to mention. I set up few additional smelters, and one additional forge. I set it to legendary only, and it's awaiting the smithing of a pair of swords and a pair of axes.

Save will be up momentarily.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4440 Ta-da!

If there's a problem, let me know, because I'm holding onto the save.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:18 am »

Draft Germayne. She's already a legendary marksdwarf, after all.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2011, 04:34:36 am »

Right then, I guess that its my turn now...

EDIT:: Um, how do I go back to the Natural coding for the Graphics??? The symbols for the walls and shit are so foreign to me I can't tell...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:45:11 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2011, 04:56:56 am »

Fixed it...

Genned a new world, started a fort, abandoned said fort, copied the Raw Folder from the save there and then pasted it over the raw folder in Doomgates save... Now then Time to get started...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2011, 05:32:37 am »

Journal of Kol Osirinod, Mayor, 1st Granite, 755:

It was in the Eve that I found the replacement to the role of Overseer for the Late Blade Master, though she is still healthy in body, her mind I worry about. The Craze that had overcome the Overseers of past had always worried me even before I took office, something that no doubt no one had ever suggested a Military Overseer before. But with the constant pressure by the Overseers of past to breached to Hell and Back again led me to look into someone who is still sane but has the Wellbeing of the Fort in their mind still. I found this Dwarf to be looking through a Slatebook near the Barracks, idling the time before returning to his drills, a Crossbow slung over his shoulders. He came to the Fort as a Doctor I believe. His skills used many times already but as of recently he had taken arms, perhaps this was something I should have taken note of, a Foreshadowing if you will, for what Doctor looks to make wounds...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The gathering of the Dwarves murmured with noise as they pack together in the small dining hall, not before had it ever taken this amount, a place where perhaps half the Fort was spos to be at one time, and now you couldn't see the floor for the Beards. Rumor had been going around the fort about the last overseer's actions, those that were there informing those that were not with the truth, though sometimes slightly exaggerated. One dwarf stepped up onto a Throne before he lifted himself onto the table, most recognized him as the Doctor they had gone to for the slight aches and pains, but something was different about him, he carried a weapon. A Tool to Harm, not to heal...

"My name is Neyvn Kelsanreb," He announced to the Gathered Dwarves, "Militia Captain of the Dented Armors. I had been signed on to start the beginnings of our Army, to take command as Overseer of Deathgates, My aims of the Future will be as such, we will make better living standards, more sense and order to the systems and to, as I mentioned before, raise an Full Fledged Army, we will gracefully accept volunteers, but those who will be..." He paused slightly, "'Asked' will be greeted equally..." The smile beneath his Beard was barely seen except by those that stood near the feet of the table, each dwarf subconsciously taking a step back as far as they could before being pushed forward.

"We will have something to look forward to over the course of my Watch,
May we all Live until the Greys in our beards match the Red Blood from our foes!!!"

With his last exclamation the crowd cheered with a great bounding noise as he climbed down from the Table, a Dwarf came to his side as he shoved the slate-notes into the dwarf's hands, they were a useful tool that he would later thank the dwarf. For otherwise the tripping of his words would never had gone down well...

Right then. Can I just say. Wow, what a Mess...
Is there any order to this? There is barely any doors on the Bedrooms, all the Workshops are Clumpped together as if not a care has been taken and the Battery. You call it that, WASTES A lot of power. I mean, You are using a Mechansim to every 2 Waterwheels, thats wasting around 160 Power just to connect it up. Then theres the amount of Axels used. I know that we are spos to be Mad Overseers with the call for the Hell grounds, but that doesn't mean that we can't have a bit of control...

Time to put some Order to this mess...

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2011, 10:34:34 am »

WASTES A lot of power...
But that's what makes it Dwarven. :P

So let's see what else we have here...

1. AnimaRytak
Fort Status: Manager, bookkeeper, and first fort overseer
Accomplishments: Founding Deathgate
Reason for demotion: Read a scary letter and grew reclusive from society  :o

2. Noodle0117
(me!)
Fort Status: Mechanic
Accomplishment: Built Big Acceleration Transforming Transistor Extracting Raw Energy Yield
Reason for demotion: Haunted to madness by demonic dreams.

3. (Irony) wlerin
Fort Status: Mason/Engraver
Accomplishments: Discovered Adamantine, defended from some goblins, and made the BATTEREY self sufficient
Reason for demotion: Was too psyched out by all the death and injuries.

4. Blade Master Model 42
Accomplishments: Evaluated military and set up a strong defensible fort entrance
Reason for demotion: Was struck by adamantine madness.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:11:38 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »

The reason the turkeys aren't claiming the nest boxes is because their in a Pen/Pasture.  Lock the door to their area, and turn off the Pasture.  They'll start breeding like flies.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2011, 03:44:51 pm »

Fixed it...

Genned a new world, started a fort, abandoned said fort, copied the Raw Folder from the save there and then pasted it over the raw folder in Doomgates save... Now then Time to get started...
That's actually pretty ingenious. However...

WASTES A lot of power...
But that's what makes it Dwarven. :P
Indeed. Relatively speaking, it's actually pretty efficient.

3. Irony (wlerin)
Fort Status: Mason/Engraver
Accomplishments: Discovered Adamantine, defended from some goblins, and made the BATTEREY self sufficient
Reason for demotion: Was too psyched out by all the death and injuries.
/fixed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:51:47 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 175