Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835754 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:40 pm »

(double post, ignore)
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2011, 07:19:42 pm »

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow until Monday, so if my turn comes up then, skip me
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2011, 07:31:48 pm »

WASTES A lot of power...
But that's what makes it Dwarven. :P
Indeed. Relatively speaking, it's actually pretty efficient.
Sigh...

W= Waterwheel
G= Gear

Code: [Select]
WWW_
WWWG
WWW_

This is more efficient, You use 4 tiles to produce 300 power and only use 5 of it to A; keep it stable and B; have an area to link it. What you do then is just keep putting Waterwheels next to the left one so that you have one huge long Waterwheel that only uses 5 power to keep it up.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »

I have communed with the spirits of the stone, and they have told me the adamantine layers that have been excavated already are safe for mining.  But they warn not to dig even one inch beneath then, as danger lurks beneath.

(Everything above z-level -143 is safe.  -143 and below are too dangerous for excavation.)
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:39 pm »

Journal of Neyvn, Appointed Overseer and Militia Commander.
Each Paragraph written at different moments during the course of the Season of Spring.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I took on the role as Overseer and that of the Militia Commander so that we can begin to train our Armies, while I was giving my speech I looked out over the people below me, we were disorganized, half the Migrants who had arrived over the times hadn't even been giving any True roles to play in the Fort so they went around blindly, filling in a needed job order or hauling something from a to b. I knew the first order of business was to make Order of OUR businesses. I took my time, getting the best of the best we could to do the jobs needed, we gave out a good amount of Picks to the Miners and set them on their job, the Overseer I replaced was put onto the squad but was bound to 2 others while she mined and the pick was confiscated when ever she asked to depart for drink, food and recuperation. Still the word from those miners was that she still mumbled about the Dangerous Metal down below, something about the Spirits of the Stone telling her that it was OK to mine out those layers there, that it was safe. I will save that until we get through all that we have already first thankyou...

I ordered some Appartment Capsules to be dug out under the main rooms, small rooms they were but they could house the remaining of those still without, I also ordered the top to be reshaped into what will be a Major Dining Hall, in an attempt to clear up the disorganized entrance. I made more space by removing the walls around the Masons Quarters and Put more of those without true work into that role. I prepared an area for where we could Train our new Marksmen, the two squads led by myself and Germayne will be starting our training by Summer...

I filled a Squad of Axemen and a Squad of mixed Mace and Hammer. Surely we can get them a better Barracks. I am thinking that the Hospital can be moved as well, it covers an area that could be used for something else and alot of space here is no existent. Even then there was no true source of water for me and my fellow doctors to clean the wounded without traveling far away to get some water...

Talking about water, the Battery, it was too confusing, the wasted space and wasted power was not what a True Dwarf should build, dispute what previous overseers said. For one thing there was an area which was powering NOTHING And needed a BUCKET BRIGADE JUST TO KEEP IT RUNNING, WHAT IN ARMOK'S NAME WERE THEY THINKING. So that will be fixed as soon as we can clear out the area...

The Paddocks were Meshed together and the beasts were not working well together, even now the Yaks are fighting amonst themselves, but at least there is more space for the others considering they eat less then some...

We lost a child. Fallen down the Well we assume, I do not even want to look. Reports say that an arm and leg which were torn from the body on impact are lost deep in the pit filled with water...

Summer is nearly rolling around the corner, the temperture is heating up slightly as always. We have begun our training, but there has been yet a better Barracks for the Axe and Blunt Squads. Hopefully we have enough equipment to outfit them all, I got some iron gear made but I doubt that its enough yet. Perhaps after some more Charcoal is made we can look into making some Steel or even some of the Adamantium...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2011, 09:12:38 pm »

WASTES A lot of power...
But that's what makes it Dwarven. :P
Indeed. Relatively speaking, it's actually pretty efficient.
Sigh...

W= Waterwheel
G= Gear

Code: [Select]
WWW_
WWWG
WWW_

This is more efficient, You use 4 tiles to produce 300 power and only use 5 of it to A; keep it stable and B; have an area to link it. What you do then is just keep putting Waterwheels next to the left one so that you have one huge long Waterwheel that only uses 5 power to keep it up.
Maybe, but I've heard of people having power sustainability problems if they make an artificial river flow too wide, plus it's my first attempt at making a perpetual motion device... (So I still have stuff to learn)

I have communed with the spirits of the stone, and they have told me the adamantine layers that have been excavated already are safe for mining.  But they warn not to dig even one inch beneath then, as danger lurks beneath.

(Everything above z-level -143 is safe.  -143 and below are too dangerous for excavation.)
Sshhhh... don't let the spoilers loose!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:22:35 pm by noodle0117 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

scratch what I said, I'm gonna be gone until TUESDAY(since MONDAY is memorial day, IIRC). Have a nice holiday!(For those of us in the US at least)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2011, 10:59:57 pm »

Just to point out, I'm going on vacation.  I'll still have access to the internet, but I'll be doing vacation stuff.

Also, status update?
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2011, 06:22:37 pm »

Hello world
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2011, 07:20:18 pm »

Nothing major happened during summer, All Military Squads are now in their Training pattern, taking every 3rd Month off to rest and recover in a staggered pattern. Catapults have been prepared for use to train our Operators so that they will have the ability to fire the weapons without hurting anyone, setting up and then pulling down the Ballista arrows have the chance of failing every now and then and send a Bolt through people...

Soon after everything is set in their correct Stockpiles I have plans for a Watch tower that will extend out from the Marksmen's new location.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2011, 07:31:32 pm »

Also, AnimaRytak, I know you're busy and all, but could you slot me in for a second go at the end of the turn list?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »

You two have been added to the list for a second turn, but be advised I've modified the turn order so that noodles and my turn have been moved down the list by one spot and Daruish has been moved to tenth.  I wanted to have ten turns between everyones first and second turn, and this lets someone else have a turn before we start looping them.  This mostly affects myself and noodle (Daruish too), so hopefully he doesn't mind.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2011, 12:28:55 am »

Works for me. Half the fun is going to be working out what the heck happened in the ten years I wasn't overseer.  :D

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48:19 am »

Hopefully my guy has a child or something so I can resume as him/her except as a child overseer.
If not, then I guess we'll just have to find an extra creative way as each of us resume the throne after a decade of leadership absence.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:49:55 am by noodle0117 »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 175