Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836121 times)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2011, 02:36:54 pm »

I'll take a turn!

PM me when it comes around please! Also, a dwarf if you could be so kind, a peasant, male, Iggy McNatz.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2011, 12:41:25 am »

Yay its moving again!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:04 am »

Sorta moving again at least.  Try not to take forever with your turns guys.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2011, 03:31:33 am »

I like to think that my turn went nice and quickly, if slightly unproductively.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56:28 am »

...yeah, narq, can we at least get an update saying that you've not been eaten by elves?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2011, 08:03:37 am »

Ah, sorry, being a bit lazy with the heat rising to the 30+c's!
I'll try my hardest to get a seasonal update written up before tonight, no worries :)

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:09 am »

OOC:
My god this place is.. Well.. It's huge, and it's a mess :D Stuff everywhere! Dwarves everywhere! I've mainly kept my popcap at under a 100, playing on a netbook at the uni instead of studying and all that, and.. wow.

So I had an eventful first 1/4th's, a siege, a barony, everything! Strap yourselves in and read on. It's a narrative-athon.

PS. Sorry for the picture quality.. I was being a stupid ass and played with ½ the screen running DF, and snipped pics off that, so some of them are small and rather hard to read.

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2011, 11:25:48 am »

From the journal of 'Narqulie' Buketreg, 2nd in charge of the Walled Banks :

1st Granite, 756
These hollowed hallways give me the shivers. I don't really believe Domas' talks about a greater, predetermined purpose..
Seems silly to me, but sometimes when I sneak out for a midnight plump helmet I swear I can hear odd voices in dark corners of the keep.
Who knows, it must be the over-exertion from the training. I recently joined the newly formed military unit The Walled Banks, and I rapidly rose through the ranks to be the second in command,
just under Karakzon. He's a great guy, and not at all bad with a mace. But enought about me, I am, after all, supposed to
I'm not much a leader, but when Neyvn, the last "overseer" bumped into me in the hallway rambling about the goblins and "demons", I feel I need to get something done about the state of the fortress..
The Current mayor, Ducim Matulcog seems, well... unhappy to say the least. Keeps complaining that he doesn't have the necessary tools he needs for the smooth governance of the fort. I hastily evict a woodburner from a rather
fancy bedroom and stick the grumpy old guy in there, maybe he'll keep out of my way for now...

12th Granite, 756
I feel a general unease around the fortress to be honest. Maybe it's the whole naming of the fortress, or the feeling of inevitability around the whole place, but something needs to be done, and I feel it needs to be done around the cursed adamantine.
The dwarven greed for that stuff is legendary, and the stories of fortresses crumbling because of it or the lack of are scary to say the least.
On a happier note we have ample supplies of food and drink, and the enterance hallway and bridge are very secure, I don't believe we need to worry about outside threats much.

23th Granite, 756
With the newfound authority I've mustered with me supplying the mayor with his needs I've order something of a battlement to be build about the larger of the adamantine veins. I dare not puncture them, with the military as fledling as it is, but It's better to have the architecture sorted out if we eventually do mine for more.
I've heard terrible stories of indescribable monsters in the deeps under the magma seas.

25th Granite, 756
I've had a little talk with a master weaponsmith Alath. He is a fine weaponsmith, known throughout the fortress as one of the finest smiths ever to walk the face of this planet. He is commissioned to
begin the work on upgrading the military with the finest adamantine weapons he can make. If we are to face the demons of the underworld, We'd better be prepared!

Huzzah!

It also seems we have another legendary craftsdwarf around, Bim Fikodalath has reached legendary levels in his armorsmithing, and his job is to churn out 40 full sets of adamantine armor, but this shall remain a secret to him untill I've accumulated enough wafers of the shining stuff to make all this..

5th Slate, 756
The days and weeks pass on by uneventfully, and I'm not so sure that is a good thing. I've heard stories of goblins on the march, and I've even seen my share of battle with the creatures.

6th Slate, 756
It seems I've been accepted as a stand-in leader for this expedition, with the mayor locked in his rooms shouting at everyone passing not to'SELL ANY OF MY ARMOKDAMNED NICKEL ARARARARA!' So yeah..
And another peculier thing. A scruffy looking farmer from the lower levels where the food is grown and prepared jumped on a table in the grand dining hall in the middle of our feast and announced himself to be a naturist of something or what was it now.. Iggy McNatz? Oh well, well done the guy.

8th Slate, 756
I keep getting these nightmares about tentacle-monters in the deeps slithering around pillars of adamantine.. On good nights there are some elven ladies involved, but most of the time it's just vexing.

20th Slate, 756
The founder of the fortress, now somewhat of a hermit AnimaRytak came to me and hastily asked if he could get an office somewhere, what with having to do all the bookkeeping around the place. I imagine this is only fair, I got him an office and a bit of an improvement on the general living-conditons.

21th Slate, 756
Oh good, a load of migrants came knocking on the fortress door just this morning. It's not like we have enough people idling about as it is..
Heres the headcount:
Ulabshorast, D. - Diagnoser
Bimalar, K. - Woodcrafter
Oddomvucar, I. - Peasant (ex-teacher)
Onulallas, T. - Armorer
Rakashusrir, O. - Miner (Came with own pick)
Sodelerib, I. -Miner
Nicattun, N. - Metalsmith
Zonoslan, A. - Diagnoser (ANOTHER ONE?!)
Oh god my hand is getting tired.
Litastadil, T. - Siege operatos (Not much good I hear)
Matulcog, I- Siege operator (High master, now were talking!)
and 9 more, mostly riff-raff. I suppose I need to start worrying about housing right about now.
We are now 192 dwarves strong with a booming food and boozer industry and the basics of a powerful army being worked on. Only time will tell what greatness we ahve in store for us!

26th Slate, 756
Comedy.. I mean tragedy struck today when Fath Fokerustuth, a longtime village idiot best known for his "Wheres the wiener gone?" performance-art show he so loved to perform in the dinig hall has died of thirst. It's his own fault for going on a hunger strike because we didn't have what he needed for the set of his "grand act", the 'Look how it flies, the dung of the honored Dwarf'.
Your insane ramblings shall be missed.

4th Felsite, 756
Today in the main dining room, a fighter Adil Monomamal suddenly jumped up and shambled to a clothiers shop and started shouting about wood and silk and what have you..
Let's see what happens when he gets his pants back on and gathers the materials, I think we have everything he needs.

6th Felsite, 756
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! A liaison from the mountainhomes just woke me up from a nice mid-day slumber to give some news..

I had no choice but recommend AnimaRytak, he is, after all, the one who founded this outpost all those years ago.

17th Felsite, 756
I'm awakened by the bells in the lookout tolling. I grab my weapons and run to the hallway, and through the commotion I hear people shouting 'GOBLINS!!

At least 2 squads of the green-skinned bastards poured down from the hills towards the gatehouse. The archers were ready in the watchtowers. The latest reports say that nearly 50 goblins, and a few lords from the classes of weapons were out and about.. All we could do now was wait.

I ordered the ballistae to be readied, and the melee-squads scrambled into a safe place to wait for the coming attack.
I sneaked a peek through the gatehouse, and to my horror, a band of troll had climbed up the stairs in fron of the main assault. The huge giants lumbered up the stariway with their masters whips right at their backs. When the force reached the top of the stairs, the marksdwarves opened fire.

Those who weren't directly impaled and killed by the hail deftly dodged the arrows into a 300ft drop and had everything in them crushed to paste.
After the main spearhead of 15 or so goblins met their fate at the impenetrable guard of the gates, the rest made a tactical retreat off the map, and the battle was over.

20th Felsite, 756
I passed by Tholtigs room in the hallway. The stench spewing from under the door was indescribable. I do not know what is going on in there, and I do not want to.

25th Felsite, 756
Nothing much has happened after the goblins were forced back. Mrs Satber had a baby, a healthy boy!
I can feel the warmth of summer in the air. It's been an eventful quarter.. I've had new experiences, but the chill of the screams in my dreams still haunts me.. I have to dig deeper.
I just have to.

OOC:
The moody dwarf still hasn't started.. Hes asking for stone, blocks, silk, cut gems and wood, and we have all of those, but he just won't collect it seems.. Any suggestions?`
I'm not going to breach the pillar, actually I'm not at all sure this pillar even has the tube, but it's jsut a matter of some stairs even if we need to go deeper into the vein. But the military still has a lot to learn and we need to arm it better, way better. I've started on adamantine weaponization, also trying to upgrade all of the armor to steel. Sorry for the delay!
-Narq out
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:32:05 am by Narqulie »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »

Well the Mess was a little more disorganized and for some reason they never started moving everything in the right stockpiles, there are still gems sitting away from the Gem stockpile, SO ANNOYING...

I was planning on changing the Entrance from a mismatch area to a more open and tactical area for melee defense if they get through, but the change to build those Archery Watches made it nearly impossible for anything to get though...

In the Dinning hall, the two tables top and bottom are the ones that form the Meeting hall. So if anyone gets married they should get married there around the gold statues. And don't forget to make more Memorial Slabs for any missed dead dwarf, I made a Ton because I noticed a few Dwarf Ghosts haunting the fort, they seemed to stop after the Memorial Slabs were set up...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:06 pm »

Who stole my dang-blasted office?

I worked hard for that corner office.  Years of sucking up to corporate, years I tell you!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2011, 03:06:19 am »

Who stole my dang-blasted office?

I worked hard for that corner office.  Years of sucking up to corporate, years I tell you!
I was looking around for half an hour to find out where you lived, and then it came to me. Your dorf was one of the first, so he must be at the first-built bedrooms, and whaddaya know, there, in the 1x2 bedroom he was! I feel a change coming when he gets the barony promotion tho!

I adore the elegance of the entrance. I usually (always) have the standard 1-tile wide dodge-trap into a near bottomless pit at my entrance so I can focus on other matters, but it's crude compared to this :O

I think I'll play my second quarter now

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:11 pm »

with 192 dwarves around, what's the average fps of the fort?
I've never gotten over 100 dwarves on any of my own forts due to too many fps issues.
Also, is the Batterey still running or did someone turn it off?

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2011, 04:23:42 am »

with 192 dwarves around, what's the average fps of the fort?
I've never gotten over 100 dwarves on any of my own forts due to too many fps issues.
Also, is the Batterey still running or did someone turn it off?

I run above 40fps even in the busiest of places, but yeah, It's going to take a toll eventually.
The BATTEREY is operational, I'm thinking of uses for it, but I'm not much of a mechanic.. Maybe an artificial waterfall for a few more happiness-points or something, but that will kill hte fps even more so.. :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2011, 04:47:59 am »

I think I broke the battery, its more Self sustaining then before and uses less power. AND IT DOESN'T EVEN USE PUMPS!!!! Seriously. Ramps on either end make the water move back and forth down the path, turning the wheels...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 175