Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832593 times)

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »

OOC:
Another rather fascinating season, tho' nothing  that much happened, but 2 new artifacts, and the work on the breach is going swimmingly!
/OOC:

From the journal of 'Narqulie' Buketreg, 2nd in charge of the Walled Banks, overseer incognito :
2nd of Hematite, 756
Summer has come. The weather is pleasant, and everything is running smoothly.
Apart from Adil Monomamal's shouting about in one of the clothiers shops for stuff we have plenty of in the fort.. I'm worried about the guy, If he's crazy demands aren't met soon he will surely go insane like the late clown Fokerustuth.

5th Hematite, 756
I was approached by the fortresses "Mad Mechanic", Noodle, asking about the operations of his "grand design", the intimidating machinery only known as BATTEREY.
I might try to please his heart by putting it to a good use, but what?
Oh well, we'll see what comes of it.

6th Hematite, 756
Work on the defences near the adamantine pillar, now know as Shaft 1 "The Icicle of Doom" is going smoothly. The lower level around the pillar has been cleared and smoothed, and work is being made on an archery-ledge on the level above that for our marksmen.
With all the siege operators and ballistae-parts around, I'm thinking of putting them to use on the attack to the demons heart aswell.

11th Hematite, 756
The crazed fighter Adil finally ran off and found some silk cloth, but afterwards just got back to his shouting.. I'm very worried for his wellbeing.
Nothing much else is happening to be honest. The constructions around the Icicle of Doom are going swimmingly, I have all ablebodied stonecrafters smoothing and engraving the halls.

28th Hematite, 756
I was awoken by a terrible scream echoing down the hallway this morning. It was Adil's voice crying out so I rushed to the clothiers shop.

Let's see what the crazy buggers comes up with!

5th Malachite, 756
I've heard reports of some of the military being unhappy with all the trainig they are forced to endure. I've ordered the scedule to be loosened a bit, and we now have 2 months of rest for every moth of training. An uprising by the military could be devastating!

6th Malachite, 756
Adil just ran into the dining hall brandishing a fine spider silk cloth glove. For the right hand as far as I can see.. AnimaRytak quickly assessed it's value to be over 20 000 Urists! What great tresure!

11th Malachite, 756
A wave of migrants has arrived yet again..
I'm sure I should be celebrating this addition to our force, but the loigistics of handling so many dwarves is getting ridiculous!
With these new arrivals we are a 202 in number. Plenty of dwarves for various tasks!

20th Malachite, 756
The general feel of the fortress is positive. Things seem to be running smoothly and dwarves are happy! The industries are running without much micromanagement and we have an abundance of food and drink. We do have a slight problem with the varieties of alcohol available, but when the next caravan arrives I plan to get some exotic booze imported.
AnimaRytaks new office and quarters are being worked on, and everything is going nicely.

5th Galena, 756
Wanting to show off the fortresses might and wealth, I've begun a mining expedition for more gold ore, which I plan on using to "pinp ub" the place a bit.

12th Galena, 756
People are starting to lose it! Another dwarf was posessed by unknown forces today, Ingish Tekkudral, our legendary armourer! HE promptly claimed a magma forge and started gathering materials. This is going to be good!!

Adamantine wafers..
And the construction has begun!

18th Galena, 756
Work on the adamantine artifact is still going. And a human caravan arrived today! I'm hauling a lot of useless stuff into theirwagon and filling up on exotic booze and miscellanea.

20th Galena, 756

:O

27th Galena, 756
The traders came and went. With them they took a fewq binfuls of our finest crafts, and in return we got exotic berries and alcohol. Autumn is coming, the trees are losing their green, and a profound chill is in the air.
The Icicle of Doom is well prepared now, with room for dozens of archers, a ballistae to wreak havoc on the demonkind, a cage filled to the brim with vicious attack-dogs, and so forth. Now we need to finish our trainig and gearing up of the troops.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »

good luck.

suggestion: find a way to seal the passage should the deamons get over numerous. ie: Obsidian casting into the corridor.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2011, 06:03:35 pm »

suggestion: find a way to seal the passage should the deamons get over numerous. ie: Obsidian casting into the corridor.

Don'cha worry, I think I can find a way to get that covered, assuming the fort lasts until my next turn.
It'll involve plenty of pumps... and plenty of power too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:52:44 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2011, 12:48:45 am »

Well I loaded up and found out what happened to my corner office.  It's been swallowed up by some giant stone-worker workshop.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2011, 01:49:18 am »

Well I loaded up and found out what happened to my corner office.  It's been swallowed up by some giant stone-worker workshop.
There was an office in there????
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2011, 04:12:02 am »

I even took a picture of him in his office during my rule when he was supposed to be doing hauling labor rather than counting.

It's a bit bare, but it was still an office.

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:49 pm »

From the journal of 'Narqulie' Buketreg, 2nd in charge of the Walled Banks, going a bit mental:

1st Limestone, 756
Autumn is coming. The weather is getting chillier, but the fortresse's mood is still high! Work on the decorations around the fortress are going nicely.

17th Limestone, 756
The sitting Mayor was reported slipping a paper towl under his door saying that ne needs nickel items made for him.. For what? And WHAT is nickel anyway? Oh well, let's see if we can find something to please him..
The miners have been staring danger eye-to eye and have excavated some more adamantine, we still need loads of the stuff if we are to break through to hell!
No accidents this far, but It's only a matter of time before greed gets the best of us all! I'd better stop the mining after this layer..

20th Sandstone, 756
Everything is running smoothly and nothing is happening at all! I sohuld propably be happier than I am about htis spell of peace and quiet.. It feels omnious to me.

27th Sadstone, 756
A wave of migrants has arrived again. 8 people in general, nothing special.

1st Timber, 756
The extraction of the adamantine is going smoothly, crafters are working on processing the metal into strands, and the smiths are forging it into wafers. I will order the production of some armor and weapons come winter and our stockpiles have grown a bit.
The Icicle keeps haunting my dreams...

10th Timber, 756
Reports of a terrifying beast dwelling the underground caverns have arrived, but happily we are not connected to the caverns anymore.

14th Timber, 756
The dwarven caraval arrived today, I'm going to send them off with some of our crafts and trying to source some steel and booze from them.

27th Timber, 756
Winter's coming. Soon be cardigan-weather.
This was an uneventful quarter. The work on the Icicle is pretty much complete, and "the Yellow Brick Road" leading into the fortress is done!
I'm on the edge with the demons screams haunting my every sleeping minute, I can hardly sleep, and I feel the demons invading my waking hours as well.

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

No worries mate, you now have a nice (a bit on the small side, but meh..) engraved office, dining hall and bedroom, fitting a noble!

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »

No worries mate, you now have a nice (a bit on the small side, but meh..) engraved office, dining hall and bedroom, fitting a noble!
So, magma tub? that's what I give my nobles for rooms.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:58:38 pm by robfd »

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »

Who says I wont?  ;)

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »

Who says I wont?  ;)
Thats just mean. You should at least burn him with the elves.. then he'll burn with his kin get tortured more. 8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:11:04 pm by robfd »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2011, 05:54:12 pm »

I think I broke the battery, its more Self sustaining then before and uses less power. AND IT DOESN'T EVEN USE PUMPS!!!! Seriously. Ramps on either end make the water move back and forth down the path, turning the wheels...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2011, 03:12:36 am »

I think I broke the battery, its more Self sustaining then before and uses less power. AND IT DOESN'T EVEN USE PUMPS!!!! Seriously. Ramps on either end make the water move back and forth down the path, turning the wheels...
Theres an Aquifier???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:21 am »

Theres an Aquifier???

Famous last words....
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:24 am »

T minus several posts till engineering madness
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 175