Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836196 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2011, 09:15:50 pm »

I'll take a turn!

PM me when it comes around please! Also, a dwarf if you could be so kind, a peasant, male, Iggy McNatz.

^
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2011, 11:04:18 pm »

11th Malachite
In honor of our fallen leader, the captain of the Holy Crypts has insisted we call her AnimaRytak II. Also, the peasant I had extracting the strands of truemetal has decided he wants to be called Iggy McNatz. Sometimes I don't understand these people ???

15th Malachite
Id Mengshalig FINALLY finished her construction!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While it's defensive utility might be a bit...questionable, I'll take it for myself as it is worth quite a bit.

3rd Galena
Both archery towers are finally roofed!

As well, I'm almost finished making the last connections to the bridges in the hallway. Soon, I'll be able to fill the reservoir with magma and run a test....

5th Galena
Damn! Another masterwork of Deathgate goes missing!

16th Galena
A filthy Human Caravan has arrived! since the magma hall is not ready, I'm forced to let these demon worshipers inside. I'll just seize their goods;no way will I let them have any toil of Deathgate!

22nd Galena
It is finally ready! The lifeblood of Arnok flows!

As a test, I think I'll trap that caravan in the hallway....

Never mind! An ambush appeared! They'll make an even better test!
24th Galena
...that assumes, of course, that a single ambush squad makes it across the traps. which they don't. The hallway was designed as INSURANCE, after all. I sortie my squad to clean up the leftovers;the only casualties of this ambush were a couple cats, so no great loss.

20th Limestone
After trapping half the human caravan, I can say the magma hallway is a great success, though it does take a while to fill. In any case, a siege that makes it past the traps AND the hallway is a serious one indeed, but I don't forsee any problems

4th Sandstone
it has become clear that I'll need an upper drain in the hallway if I want it to empty in a timely manner. I'll have to wait until the magma has evaporated, however. In the meantime, I can give an overview of the completed hallway:

here is the connection to the volcano

Here is the reservoir and bridge blocking flow

And here is the lower drain

I have a couple pressure plates in the hallway, but the three circled levers are the manual controls
The upper one lets loose the lava, the one in the middle blocks the hallway, and the lower one opens the drains
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:47 am »

Aaargh damn you Animarytak! Like, less than 8 months without a tomb and you go insane? :D Oh nobility.. <will this affect Deathgates thriving to become the capital?

Also, there already was an Iggy McNatz I made during my reign, it's in the story aswell.
I also had loads of announcements about things gone missing, what is up with that? IIRC, there was an artifact gemstone on the floor of the masons workshop room, that wouldn't get moved no matter what..

Nice updates, and timely :D I enjoy reading a narrative

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2011, 12:42:00 am »

25th Sandstone
Hallway has dried out enough to begin work on upper drains

13th Timber
Work on upper drain almost complete, just have to link the bridges

The outpost liaison has arrived....As well as an ambush!!!

17th Timber
 I immediately sortie the military, but the distance is too far and the traders take it in the gut. Mysteriously, after beating on the traders, the goblins just leave. Maybe they heard of my prowess in battle? :P

14th Moonstone
As winter comes upon Deathgate, I find myself more and more irritated at the minutia involved in running a fortress. I lose my temper at the least little thing, and passing dwarfs tend to bear the brunt of my ire. It's a wonder overseers don't go mad from the stress of this job!

22nd Moonstone
Fikod Zasittithleth has claimed a craftsdwarf shop and is currently hunting materials!

10th Opal
Fikod begins his construction

My temper is steadily getting worse and worse. I'm not sure if I can take another month of this job.... >:(

15th Opal
Fikod finishes his work and creates....a shell gauntlet

Thats all for tonight, I'll finish the last month and a half in the morning(well, LATER in the morning, at least)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27:21 am »

5th Galena
Damn! Another masterwork of Deathgate goes missing!
What are you doing with the statues you moved? He's a legendary metalsmith, so it's unlikely that a kobold is simply walking off with his work.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »

16th Opal
As winter continues I find myself growing increasingly bored as we settle in for the duration.

22 Opal
To combat boredom, I've decided to start building more roads along the new pathway I've built

27th Opal
As well, I've started work on repairing the southeast corner of the BATTERY
Though I wish I could, another year of this would surely drive me totally insane, so I'm forced to leave replacing most of the gear assemblies with less power-consuming axles for another overseer.

7th Obsidian
BATTERY repairs complete!
As a note to future overseers, I think the only gear assemblies necessary are the ones on the far left. Not only do they support those wheels, they would also act as the drive-train with all the other cross-points removed.

11th Obsidian
After noticing how cluttered the mason workshops were, I added in more furniture stockpiles, utilizing the rest of the space in the huge stockpile room

13th Obsidian
Noticing a lot of bedrooms without doors, I've decided to correct that

21st Obsidian

as Winter closes, I look longingly back on the days when all I had to worry about was swinging my axe at gobs. I find myself more and more everyday thinking about just going around and doing the  same thing to dwarves!

1st Granite
GAH! I can't take it anymore! If I have to run this fortress for one more day, I really AM gonna SNAP! I'll just dump this on the first gullible idiot responsible dwarf I see...

Final Year Tally:

Save

All in all, a pretty quiet year. I increased defense, did repairs on the BATTERY, lost our noble, finished cleaning up the fort(maybe a little TOO well! We need more stone now...), and most of all, didn't kill everyone!
A couple things: As I noted, we've gone from too much to to NO stone at all, so you'll need to quarry for more. Also, I didn't have near enough time to start replacing most of the gear assemblies on the BATTERY, so that might be a project you can do. We have plenty of food and booze, and if we run low on plants, just turn off repeat on the stills.
Also, for some reason(at least last I checked) nobody moved AnimaRytak's corpse from his room to any one of the available coffins, so see if one)He's STILL there, and two)try to move him to a coffin somehow. Speaking of coffins, I got a hotkey set up for a small tomb area for important dwarves, and it is easily expandable. That's all I can think of right now!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2011, 07:46:41 pm »

Damn, that was a quick turn Tryrar.   Very nice work!

I''ll notify the next player about his turn.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »

also, since Dariush is now Mayor, I've ordered a bunch of lay pewter from the liaison(amazingly, he dodged the gobs long enough to make it to the fortress) as he likes lay pewter. He certainly banned export often enough. As well, if you want, instead of trapping the upper hallway like I had planned(ran out of time, unfortunately), you can add a couple pumps and magmafy it as well

Edit: One last thing I keep forgetting: We currently are out of raw admantine(and strands too!), though IIRC we have about 30 or so wafers ready for whatever, though I'm not exactly sure how much of the Icicle can be safely dug out at this time...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:19:34 pm by tryrar »

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2011, 01:35:45 am »

Has the stone been dumped into a volcano, or is it just in the lower levels? You can reclaim the quantum pile in there and get all the stone to be usable again.. I hotkeyed the pile to F5 or summin I think!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:40:26 am by Narqulie »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2011, 01:45:45 am »

.....you know, I'm not sure actually, since I never DID find where the heck you ordered all the stone dumped.....

Edit: Yep, found it with F5, right next the the stairs to the left of the top of the BATTERY. So we're not as stone-poor as I thought!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:49:28 am by tryrar »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2011, 03:38:24 am »

Did you ever figure out why statues/metal furniture was disappearing?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Thorzog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:00 pm »

I'd like a dwarf.
Name: Gog
Profession: Brewer if available otherwise a Mason or Stone Detialer
Madness: Obsessed with finding the perfect brew. It's rumored that he's tried to brew Plump Helmet Men.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »

Did you ever figure out why statues/metal furniture was disappearing?

Not a clue

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:50 am »

There's 12 hours left until JohnnyDigs' turn acknowledgement period runs out.  If he fails to respond, cappstv will have the turn.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »

looking at the dorfing list, did Ignatzami have a preference? otherwise I'll just dorf him as a random nobody

Edit: You are now the 5th Squad leader, animarytak

Useless booze-sponge please!

Male Peasant/hauler
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 175