Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836091 times)

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2011, 02:59:07 am »

Name:Jjgamor
Job Name:Military
Profession:Sword Dwarf

Please if you can train him to learn a bit of wrestling  ;D

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2011, 09:31:02 am »

After consulting some of the previous fort overseers for opinions, I have come to the conclusion that the magma release chamber is not yet fully configured to fulfill its role of incinerating the world. So rather than risk the dangers of releasing unrestricted magma, I’ve decided to position the fort’s defenders at the entrance to prepare against the incoming assault.

A milker happened to wander out while all the commotion was happening and was soon greeted by a squad of axegoblins. His incredibly tough, indefatigable, very strong, and very rarely sick physical aptitude kept him alive for most of the chase, but alas, being quite clumsy, he was eventually caught and overwhelmed by the superior number of goblin forces as they ripped his cloak and tore apart his muscles, nerves, and arteries.

My god I don't even dare watch anymore.

Several more get struck down as they try to flee to the safety of the fort.

A tanner dies from blood loss after his desperate attempt to escape from goblin arrows.

A brave bonecarver proficient in the art of axe swinging also happened to be in possession of an adamantine axe and tried his luck by fighting his way through, but alas did not last long with his lack of proper armor.

Though it is against my better judgment sending cave adapted militia out into the open, I could not bear to see any more of my brethren fall to the likes of the goblins.

I gave the order for the defenders to leave their post to meet their enemies, and meet them they did…

Right in the bowels of the magma release chamber

Even through the thick protective layers of adamantine, the soldiers could feel the scorching heat from the nearby magma lake billowing by their sides as they met their foes at the burning battleground.
A terrible fight ensued as metal met metal and steel met skulls. Arrows flew and lodged themselves in wounds. Hammers fell and crushed their targets’ limbs.

Animarytak II charges through the fray hacking goblins apart left and right with her axe.

BladeMaster II fights alongside with Animarytak, kicking, punching, slapping, and doing practically everything but hacking with the weapon in her hand. Even in times of danger, she remains loyal to her favorite weapon. I shall bestow to her the finest adamantine sword we have once she comes back.

The magma drain chamber was now dyed red, not just with the dim glow of boiling magma, but with the blood of all those who have been slain. 5 dwarves were lost from the ambushes with nearly a dozen other wounded.

But at last the assault was repelled, and that was what mattered as the haulers picked up the remains of the slain and the mechanics continued their work as they prepared for what was soon to be an even greater threat.

edit: Hope I'm not using too many pictures. Should I put them in spoilers instead?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:27:04 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2011, 10:55:06 am »

Nope, amount of pictures are fine.  I usually just use the spoiler tag for excessively large pictures.

Also, did I just punch through that goblins skull with my bare hands?!

Badass Overlord indeed, considering I probably still have a shattered shoulder.  We'll have to order gypsum powder at some point.  I forgot to thanks to goblin shenanigans.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »

Yeah, a sword may have been helpful during that skirmish. We need to stop assigning training weapons unless we build a colliseum.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2011, 06:23:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:10:28 am by noodle0117 »

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2011, 10:33:32 am »

It's the insanity, it's creeping in... You... must... mine... more precious candy! Armok demands it, it would seem.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »

the pit is full. i guess.

just flush it with magma.

or make another one.

about the dumpig sites...that's just DF for you. it does that to me all the time.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:16 pm »

Stockpile/dumping/task priority is partly based on the order in which tasks were assigned, which can cause strange behavior if you don't remember in what order you assigned things. It's better to only have one acting dumping site.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2011, 04:22:43 am »

Late Autumn

It is finished at last.

The cave-in traps

The automated spike death field.

The prisoner arena with the goblins held above. (I even added hands!)

And finally, the Obsidianizer.

Nine months of hard work, careful calculations, and painstaking labor will be put to the test once I give the final order to dig the last square.
All arms are ready, all provisions are stocked, all mechanisms locked in place, and absolutely no turning back.

"But why overseer? Why do we have to make all these things? Why do you have to push us so hard? Why do we have to dig to these depths? Why can't we all just keep to ourselves and stay safe?"
"Why? Because this is our job, this is our duty, because this..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is Hell Fucking Deathgate."

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:13:39 am by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2011, 05:15:01 am »

This is dwarfy.  Very, very dwarfy.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2011, 05:43:44 am »

A Little Side Story of the Events in the fort...

Dear Dwarven Diary,

Though I like to pride myself as the greatest dwarven mechanic in the fort, I still make mistakes every now and then. Although underlings don't know about it, I think I might've accidentally killed off a few of our people due to careless mistakes. Still remember how little Zulban disappeared and was never found again in the fort?

Yeah, I think that might've been my fault when I failed to teach the children how to remove floorboards in the right way.

Oh and then there was that accidental cave in incident during summer when I ordered too many channels to be dug. Luckily no one died, although many of the dwarves say they still remember the horrible choking taste of cave dust.

Hmm, what else was there? Oh of course, there was also that flooding accident that occurred right after I finished the Obsidianizer.

Being the mechanical genius that I am (or at least most of the time...), I knew that using an aquifer supply would cause some pressure problems, so I designated an excess water disposal channel which would let the extra water flow to the outside river.
Well fate apparently must've thought it funny to play a joke that time, cuz before I knew it, the drainage was already chest high full of extra water.

I think it must've happened when it got a bit too cold outside and ice began to block the passageways. Anyways, that incident literally had the entire fort panicking.
The miners tried digging out an extra drainage chamber, but the water kept on falling and filling up whatever holes they tried to dig out. One of the haulers thought he could stuff up the water flow with a door, which at first seemed like a great idea...

if it wasn't for the fact that he could barely swim.
But anyways it was just madness. Everyone had buckets in their hands as they tried to keep the fort from flooding. At least two dozen dwarves were trying to "dig" the water out, only to find out that it kept on freezing up the moment it got outside. Some of the masons tried filling up the leak with stones, but of course with the waterlogged ground, they couldn't really get anywhere.
And then suddenly...

--->
Some insane miner tried collapsing the roof and the entire upper layer of stone right into the aquifer inlet itself, and by god it actually worked!
The place is still a mess with all of the water and dirt that has piled up, but at least the aquifer stopped flowing.

Ah, what a career, good thing I'm retiring soon because this overseer stuff is just way too nerve wracking for me.

/end diary

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2011, 10:30:04 am »

Obsidianizer. Just like the ice factory.

Breach. Circus. Now.

Don't forget to station the militia though.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »

Um... speakng of failsafes... do we have any artifact doors?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2011, 04:37:40 pm »

or floodgates/hatch covers?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 175