Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837126 times)

Tirunus

• Bay Watcher
  • Something witty here
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - We got Doom Burgers! (Succession Game)
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »

Name:Captain Brunon Von Stoven III
Job Name: pirate
Profession:anything

Hope to be sailing with ye.
My personal text is in itself a attempt to be witty, making fun of the fact that peoples personal text usually are trying to make a witty one liner. Possibly a reference to the game or just a generally humorous. You may also find that this signature is not used to regurgitate someone else's joke in a attempt to immortalize that they felt but instead have just joined a crowd of people who are to hung onto past feeling, but is used to better explain the personal text.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »

hope you don't mind if I make you a deck swabber (aka stone hauler)

ztyler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2011, 11:58:36 pm »

Name: Atomic Avocado
Job Name: Head Avocado
Profession: Farmer/Swordsdorf
He's going the distance.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2011, 01:05:30 am »

Okay, I want a dwarf. Make me the designated miner to breach the cane.

I don't care about my base profession, but preferably I'd be a legendary miner so I have a chance to fend off the first few clowns.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2011, 01:16:15 am »

I don't care about my base profession, but preferably I'd be a legendary miner so I have a chance to fend off the first few clowns.
You got it sir, and your dwarf will be forever commemorated for it.

Shall i include a most elaborate description of how you die once you do so?

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2011, 01:27:03 am »

note: I might need a bit more time getting the update up, since my computer literally crashed from the sheer amounts of gore, death, and dwarven engineering awesome.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:28 am »

note: I might need a bit more time getting the update up, since my computer literally crashed from the sheer amounts of gore, death, and dwarven engineering awesome.

...sounds promising. Hope it doesn't take too long to post the carnage!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54:44 pm »

You got it sir, and your dwarf will be forever commemorated for it.

Shall i include a most elaborate description of how you die once you do so?
Such it shall be. I duly accept this gracious offer.

oh god all that gore for the crash = sheer amounts of epic win.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »

I'm totally putting that on the first post.

Also, this sounds so damn epic.  I hope we live!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2011, 08:04:06 pm »

Holy crap can you at the very least break the suspense with a post on how far you are? I really want to see something.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:51 pm »

Warning: Image heavy post below

Recent fort changes have apparently made some of the dwarves act in strange manners.

One swordsdwarf decided to change his name to Jjgamor. He has made one kill so far.

One dwarf comes into my office claiming that he was once the captain of a crew of pirates and that he will now only refer to himself as Captain Brunon Von Stoven III.
Looking at his general appearance, I found this doubtful, but decided to still give him a nice little “piratey” job. The deck swabber!

My subordinate mechanic also suddenly decided to change his name to Jamesadelong.
He says he will bring neo classical sanity to the fort… whatever that means.

And finally one particularly weird dwarf came up and started calling himself the “Atomic Avocado”…
I don’t even know what an avocado is, although judging from his strong and rarely sick body and farmer's job, I assume they must be some kind of vegetable good for one’s health.

---------------------------------

But anyways, with everything in their place, all that’s left to do is to dig out the last square. Naturally no one would do so even when threatened with the prospect of being forbidden from drinking any alcohol for a month, until one little dwarf from a distance cried out “I’ll do it!”
Conan was her name, a rather unusual name, but with the events happening around lately, I guess it shouldn’t be anything abnormal. Conan was extremely strong, although somewhat clumsy, and she had a very good sense for relationships which worried me that her death might greatly demoralize the rest of the fort. But still, with no one else volunteering, I gave her permission to go.

Slowly, she makes her way to the bottom of the fort.

Although her voice was calm, we could see the nervousness in her eyes as her pick continuously slipped out of her hands despite her status as a legendary miner, but eventually, she gets a good swing, and with a single resounding *tink* the entire fort held its breath as the floor beneath her crumbled to reveal what was unmistakably the beginning of Hell itself.

Terrifying screams echoed through the air. Conan, in her panic, dared not look back as she dashed for the stairs, but before she managed to reach the doors, a massive hail of fire shot forth and in the wink of an eye, she was incinerated.

Her death however, shall not go unavenged.

The demons, occupied in their senseless destruction of some nearby floor grates, were completely oblivious to the nearby support which trembled for a moment before collapsing under the weight of an entire ceiling.

A massive explosion like shockwave resounded throughout the fort as the entire first wave of the demonic army found itself buried under more than a metric kiloton of earth and stone. Observers state that nearly sixty demons were crushed beneath that ceiling, which brings high hopes for the fight to come.
The demons of course, were unphased by these losses as they continued their non-tiring advance further into the fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The second cave-in trap went off which sent yet another massive quake rocking the earth. Whether it was because of poor design or just simply bad luck, only one creature died while all the other monsters were either above the trap or to the side.

Nevertheless, I still have hope for they have yet to pass our good ol’ spike field of death. Though the demons were known to possess nearly indwarven levels of agility, they advanced slowly, almost cautiously, towards the field of spikes.

One particularly hasty spectre charged straight into the hallway, only to find itself skewered into pieces and its innards flying apart as a phalanx of menacing spikes impaled its body and wings. A fire monster also got impaled which subsequently made it burst into flames. Demon parts flew everywhere and demon corpses strewed the ground. One particularly resilient inferno creature managed to survive three direct hit spikes, but not without losing three of its legs in the process. But still, a few lucky ones did manage to make it through in one piece.

Only a fraction of the already heavily dwindled demon forces remained, with many of them having lost body parts and the like. The few that could still walk/fly/hover advanced onward into the prisoner arena.

All it took was a pull of a lever as the demons had suddenly found themselves buried under a pile of trolls and goblins alike. All that was left to do now was just to sit back, watch the show, and eat avocado flavored popcorn made from the Atomic Avocado himself.

Immediately, the demons reacted by spewing flame and fire upon their newly entered combatants.  The goblins, though armed and numerous, were swung aside like ragdolls by the demons’ terrifying assault.
The Inferno Monster from earlier on who lost 3 of her 4 limbs was still kicking and firing with whatever he still had.

One particularly gruesome and demonic way of slaughtering was seen when a winged monster strangled a goblin crossbowman to an inch of his life before engulfing his face in a massive ball of fire.

But still, the goblins fought back with what they could. Their blows, though small and weak in comparison, were done with just as much determination, and with many many more hands.

Blood and corpses peppered the arena as combatants from both sides began to fall. Massive carnage consumed the arena in an orgy of fire, flying body parts, and desperate goblin screams. None of the prisoners would live to see another day.

-----

One monster manages to make it out of the prisoner arena and the order to activate the Obsidianizer is given.

The obsidianizer floods…

And apparently hasn’t solidified correctly due to what I believe must be pressure imbalances, but anyways it now blocks off access from the demon grounds to our grounds. All that is needed to reopen access is a pickaxe.

Dozens of goblins dead, hundreds of demons either crushed or impaled, and only a single dwarf sacrificed to do so.

Deathgate has never seen a finer day.

media fire upload
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:13:10 pm by noodle0117 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:28 pm »

Oh Armok, the EPICNESS.

Werlin is going to have fun building a fortress in hell.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »

one word: DWARF
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2011, 11:26:01 pm »

I can't seem to upload deathgate.rar to DFFD.
Which other file host would be good?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2011, 12:30:11 am »

Rapidshare, Megaupload, Depositfiles, etc

Megaupload is what I recommend.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 175