Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837413 times)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #495 on: August 07, 2011, 11:19:53 am »

Journal of Iggy Mcnatz, Mason, Deathgate 28th, Slate

It's been too quiet, famous last words.

Another beast straight from nightmare has come. Records call this one Tofu. A great eyeless mite. This one has crawled out of the depths of Hell itself. We have halted construction till we can decide what to do with this beast.

I have consulted the records from past overseers. We have five of these loathsome beasts to contend with. I am but a simple Mason. I have no experience in the arts of war. I can only hope that our stout walls keep the beast without.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:21:42 am by ignatzami »
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 07, 2011, 11:29:23 am »

Journal of Iggy Mcnatz, Mason, Deathgate 4th, Felsite

Did I say 5? Armork help us, for the hideous beasts of legend now number 6. Six beasts. This latest member joins us from the deepest caverns. Hode Simo Bazsa. A ribbon worm of impossible length and girth. Histories speak of this creatures deadly blood. Beer... where is the beer?

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2011, 11:48:37 am »

Journal of Iggy Mcnatz, Mason, Deathgate 20th, Felsite

I am pleased to report that the top level of Hell Base 1 has been completed. I fear that we will have to deal with Tofu before we can expand further. I have called together the military with the hope that they can provide me with a solution.

There was a report of a cat, and a snatcher. I fear a goblin attack may be forthcoming.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 07, 2011, 01:53:24 pm »

Journal of Iggy Mcnatz, Mason, Deathgate 16th, Hematite

Tofi has been slain. A deamon appeared, though one of our Miner/Masons by the name of Mafol Fikodlilum deftly slew the beast.

However, his strength failed him when faced with Tofi. The military arrived too late to save him, and he was slain.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2011, 02:12:47 pm »

Just to point out, you don't have to make a separate post for every event.  I'd prefer it if you consolidated them into larger chunks.

Consolidated posts for the front page.

Journal of Iggy Mcnatz, Mason, Deathgate 13th, Granite
As the labor of the fortress now centers on colonizing hell it was decided that a mason would be the best choice for the next overseer. Somehow in the confusion I was chosen. I'm a mason, yes, but I'm hardly fit for command.
I spent the first few days of my reign as mayor looking over our current encampment in hell. While the original pyramid was easy to build it provides little in terms of storage to prepare for a permanent colonization of hell.

(The following is in a less steady hand)
Ici has come, a horrid beast. A quadruped comprised of amber. It flies, and casts massive webs about the cavern. My only hope is that we remain sealed from the cavern layer.

19th, Granite
I have included here the rough blueprints for the top level of Hell Base 1.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The top level will contain barracks, arranged in a cell-block pattern. I feel we can easily house 16 dwafs in the initial tower.
The next level down will contain the bridge entrances to Hell Base 2, and 3, respectively. This will also contain the barracks for the squad permanently assigned to Hell Base 1.
The bottom level, once secured, will contain the food and drink supplies for the base.
I find it amusing that there are a number of coffins in the lowest level of Hell. I wonder if the occupants of those coffins asked to be buried in hell.
I was also informed that a number of migrants have arrived. I appreciate their coming but as we number 170 dwarfs I can't keep them all straight. Oh well.

4th, Slate
I've taken a moment away from the conquering of hell to pay tribute to our fallen. Tirist, a Hauler, and Ilral, a Miner, have risen as ghosts. I have asked that memorials be carved for them so that they can rest peacefully.

28th, Slate
It's been too quiet, famous last words.
Another beast straight from nightmare has come. Records call this one Tofu. A great eyeless mite. This one has crawled out of the depths of Hell itself. We have halted construction till we can decide what to do with this beast.
I have consulted the records from past overseers. We have five of these loathsome beasts to contend with. I am but a simple Mason. I have no experience in the arts of war. I can only hope that our stout walls keep the beast without.

4th, Felsite
Did I say 5? Armork help us, for the hideous beasts of legend now number 6. Six beasts. This latest member joins us from the deepest caverns. Hode Simo Bazsa. A ribbon worm of impossible length and girth. Histories speak of this creatures deadly blood. Beer... where is the beer?

20th, Felsite
I am pleased to report that the top level of Hell Base 1 has been completed. I fear that we will have to deal with Tofu before we can expand further. I have called together the military with the hope that they can provide me with a solution.

There was a report of a cat, and a snatcher. I fear a goblin attack may be forthcoming.

16th, Hematite
Tofi has been slain. A deamon appeared, though one of our Miner/Masons by the name of Mafol Fikodlilum deftly slew the beast.
However, his strength failed him when faced with Tofi. The military arrived too late to save him, and he was slain.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:38:22 am by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »

Just to point out, you don't have to make a separate post for every event.  I'd prefer it if you consolidated them into larger chunks.

I was posting as things happen, I can consolidate from here on out

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:53 am »

I would like to put forth the suggestion that, after we have finished the Hell's Breach region of the fortress we should invade the caverns, clear out useless inhabitants. and wall them off for exploration.  Ideally I'd like Cave Spiders, mushroom trees, and cave fungus to be easily supplied for us by the caves.  We might be able to get some giant cave spiders too.

Granted the six forgotten beasts do pose a minor problem, but its nothing that we haven't handled before.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2011, 06:51:37 am »

nothing that cant be solved with copious amounts of magma.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2011, 02:28:34 pm »

I would think that that might cause problems for the GCS capture program...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:03 am »

You can tame Giant Cave Spiders?  Another question, will they actually be effective against demons and FBs?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 09, 2011, 03:07:03 am »

rather flood the caverns with magma and remove the beastys then after its drainned set up traps for the cave spiders than risk the millatery -if their any dust monsters etc-

and giant cave spiders are only efficient when they web over cage traps to capture deamons and forgotteb beasts.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:15 am »

You can tame Giant Cave Spiders?  Another question, will they actually be effective against demons and FBs?

Who said anything about taming? We only need to capture them for their spinarets. Taming is an unnecessary (and I think impossible currently) step in the process.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 09, 2011, 11:52:17 am »

Ok, I've completed about half my year. At the moment I'm packing for a move from NY to Seattle WA. I can't guarantee a timely completion of the year. Would it be better for me to upload the save as is? Would it be easier to revert?

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:54 pm »

Diary of Iggy McNatz, Overseer.

It's late Hematite, the date doesn't matter. We slew Tofi, another beast came to take its place. A steady trickle of deamons, giant brutish possums have kept myself, and my fellow masons from completing the second layer of the base.

I have asked for an artifact trap to be placed in Hell to attract these beasts. I have also asked for a number of steel serrated blades to be forged, to be placed around the Trap. While these plans have continued we have not had a chance to put them into motion.

Our dead, and their possessions litter Hell. I have not had the heart to keep count. Our military has kept a constant vigil and they have born the brunt of the injuries, the deaths.

I have debated attempting to trap a Forgotten Beast, to keep them from our masons. Yet I fear that such an attempt would only result in more deaths. More lives lost. I must retire for the night, climb into my temporary room in Hell and sleep. I hope for inspiration to strike in the night, if it is night, I no longer keep track.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 175