Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832706 times)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2011, 07:46:16 am »

Thirded.  Have I been dorfed yet?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 05, 2011, 10:16:13 am »

That's an awful lot of dwarves to individually look at.
I like your narration AnimaRytak, fairly simple and not too difficult to read yet provides a nice scope of all the important stuff happening.
Are we still expanding our base in hell?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2011, 10:37:29 am »

Ask and ye shall receive.

Interlude

Hello folks, I'm AnimaRytak, founder of Deathgate.  By popular request, I've decided to bring everyone up to speed on the status of the fort.  The fort is, in a word, massive.  We have 188 dwarves at this moment a good portion of them are maimed.  Of course, we'll just focus on essentials for now.

The Dorfs!

Algeroth's dorf, Al, is one of the dorfs fighting.  Just before the last save, he became a Elite Marksdarf.  He deserves it too.  She's got 13 kills and Grand Master Marksdwarf under her belt. 

Alkhemia still lives.  At some point He made Zarethidor, an artifact wool mask.

Atomic Avacado is still farming for some reason.  Even though he's a legendary stonecrafter, the best in Deathgate, we keep him busy farming dirt.  He created Edanstigaz, a dacite mug.

Baelor currently spends his days getting drunk.  Although he's a swordorf, and a speardorf, he was never actually added to the military.  I should probably rectify this while the poor lad still has a liver.  At this rate it'll be a pickle in a week.  He does have one kill to hims name though, a goblin at that.

Blade Master continues to lead his own company of troops, which consists of himself and another hammerdwarf.  He's not fighting in hell at the moment though, he took too long getting his pants on and is racing there now.  He's got two kills of note, plus a raccoon.  However he did create Edannist Ozor Anzish, a green glass box.

Cappstv is alive and kicking as one of our legendary miners.  Unfortunately that's all there really is too say about the lad.

Conan currently serves as one of our legendary miners and our manager, although one of those duties will probably be passed on to someone else.

Captain Brunon Von Stoven III is, despite being a sword dorf, not in the military.  Still he makes a good miner and a disposable loyal mason.

Dariush is our grand master woodcutter and a grand master bone carver.  That's about it, although he apparently has a Grand Mausoleum dug out for himself, rich bastard.

Eoganachta is the sole member of his squad of sword dorfs.  Despite years of service, he hasn't managed one kill.  Still, his loyalty is inspiring.  She continues to fight despite two broken toes.

Germayne is the head of our marksdwarf squad and is a terrifying marksman in his own right.  With twenty six kills to his name, Germayne currently tops our kill board.

Gog is our resident goblin dumper and our best brewer.  He could turn goblin piss into fine ale but we choose to provide him with better materials.

Grazz is supposedly a trapper, a job which never gets done.  Mostly he gets by doing hauling work.

Iggy McNatz doesn't really have a job.  He was a master soaper but without a soap industry we have him doing masonry and mechanics.  Oh, and hauling.  He does a LOT of hauling.

Irony is a legendary miner, legendary engraver, and grand master mason.  Making him one of our most productive stoneworkers. 

Jamesadelong is nursing off his injuries after the forgotten beast mauled him.  He'll probably recover, but broken bones never really heal in Deathgate, since we have no plaster powder.

Jjgamor is an axedwarf with three kills, one of which was a berserk dwarf.

JohnnyDigs is one of our legendary miners.  He's currently taking a sabbatical as an architect in hell.

Karakzon, our current champion (alongside Germayne) is a legendary speardwarf that wields an artifact spear.  With ten kills to his name, he's a beast.  Too bad his spine is broken.  Which in Deathgate isn't good.

Narqulie is the current bookkeeper of the fortress.  However, seeing as how he's a legendary miner, a talented carpenter, and a dabbling stoneworker, we don't seem him doing much of that.  Still he's the best the fort has.

Noodle is currently building stuff in hell.  A mechanics work is never done.

Ouroboros is the fortress cook, a legendary chef that makes Elzar look like a blind monkey slinging poo.  However that's about it.

Sekra, one of the first seven dwarves, is still alive and kicking as a legendary grower.

Sinpwn is one of our stoneworkers.  But that's about it.

Tryrar is one of our legendary speardwarves.  He has five kills to his name, so he isn't as badass as the others yet.  Still, physically, Tryrar is equal to Karakzon, minus the epic spear.

The Prophet lives.  For now.

Urist McHuman isn't in the military.  But he damn well should be.  He's a legendary marksdwarf.

Vector Qwerk is another legendary miner and, like many other miners, taking a sabbatical as an architect.

Yelesom is one of our legendary siege operators and the creator of Soloznobot, a marble cabinet. His right hand has a small scar.

That's everyone who's currently dorfed, unless I missed someone.

As for those who haven't been dorfed until now:

Lord Allagon hasn't been dorfed as we have no hammerer.

Kelsa has just been dorfed as Feb, our resident triple amputee.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Mad Fool has been dorfed and made our new Cheif Medical Dwarf, as we had none at all.

Mideg has been dorfed from Nomal, one of the recent ass-kickers with a broken wrist.

RoboHobo has been dorfed as a peasant.

Umune has been dorfed as a Grand Master Macedwarf and recruited as the new captain of the Moistness of Manors, the mace squad.  This makes him the new captain of the guard.

Yourfears has been dorfed.

Well, the dorfs are doing well.  Lets move onto the state of the fortress itself.
Food stocks are very high, thanks to my early implementation of an efficient food system.  We have adequate supplies of just about everything except plaster for casts.

Current List of Nobles:

And now for some maps of Deathgate itself.

3d Screenshots!

An angled view of the entrance:

A top view of the entrance:

The foundation of Armok's monument:

The current Hell's Breach:

The FPS problem still haven't been fixed.  Despite killing (and then magically burning the remains) of 300 pathing animals, repelling the goblin siege, disabling BATTERY, cleaning all the blood from the map, and magically stopping the better portion of all flowing liquids, FPS still hovers between 15 and 20 on my computer.  Even with Weather and Temperature temporarily disabled we're still getting a rather laggy fortress.  However it's more playable than it was.  Hopefully by the end of my turn I'll have managed to remove some superfluous stone and get the framerate up more.

[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 05, 2011, 10:43:06 am »

PLEASE put Baelor in the military, I don't want him to waste his life as a drunkard. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:50 am »

I added him to Eoganachta squad before I finished the post.  He'll need training before he goes into hell though.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 05, 2011, 10:47:58 am »

I added him to Eoganachta squad before I finished the post.  He'll need training before he goes into hell though.

Thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 05, 2011, 05:17:13 pm »

Sweeeeet.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 05, 2011, 05:40:25 pm »

Sweet, I'm makin' an artifact! =)

What did The Mad Fool make?  Or did you post it already only for me to miss it?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 05, 2011, 05:47:34 pm »

Just for planning purposes, what is Lun the god(dess) of? Thanks so much for the little update too. Any idea on when the turns will start up again?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:15 pm »

Lune is a deity of The Basement of Murder.  Lun most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with the weather.
Turns will hopefully continue as normal.  I'll be taking extra months on my turn, since the player before me stopped at half a year.  It gives me extra time to fix some of the FPS issues and please Armok.

The Mad Fool created Thubilkulin, aka Nastypalms, a diorite grate (last artifact created actually).  It's not as perverted as it sounds.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2011, 09:17:24 pm »

Nastypalms, reminds me of that artifact leather thong someone made in another thread some time ago.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

Arighty, lemme know when it's a good time for me to start up. I would have started earlier, but my computer's motherboard failed :( New computer now, though :D
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:09 am »

Oh and AnimaRytak, hope it won't bother you too much, but I'd like to see what the goblin vs demon combat arena that I built looks like with your mod, and if it is still rotting away.

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 06, 2011, 07:20:08 am »

Elite Marksdwarf? Sweet!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »

So far, I have bad news about Karakzon.
I don't think I can save him.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 175