Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832661 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #660 on: September 07, 2011, 03:54:02 am »

Opal, 1st
Karakzon has died.
His injuries were too great and, despite every attempt, he could not be saved.

He died a warriors death.

His weapon, the artifact spear Umidirtir Minkot Ibesh, continues to lay outside the gate of Hell's Breach.  I've ordered it recovered in the hopes Tryrar can weild it.

Opal, 2nd
While hell is temporarily secured, I order the recently fallen collected and taken inside along with the wounded. I've focused all my efforts on finshing Hell's Breach before the situation worsens.  I hate to leave Armok's monument unfinished but even I have my priorities.

At the end of the battle, Karakzon and Turdbeard II have fallen.  Mideg is injured, and Al has become an elite marksdwarf.  Still, despite the victory and the blood for Armok, the victory seems hollow.  The blood spilled toward was ours, these god damn demons don't bleed.

Opal, 4th
I've stationed our soliders at Hell's Breach in the barracks.  While supplies are short there, I require soliders on hand for assaults.

Opal, 10th
We've recovered the bodies of the fallen, and their adamantine equipment, from the area just around Hell's Breach.  With this finished, I've ordered the gate closed.  Construction on the fortress should be finished soon as most of the floor is done and only a few walls remain to be placed.

Opal, 12th
One of our metalsmiths, Goden Lirukkubuk, is beaten by Umune for violation of production order.  However, seeing as how Goden was working on Hell's Breach, I command Umune to stand down.

Opal, 16th
Construction on Hell's Breach has been complete.  I've drawn a map of the fortress.  It's small, but very tough to breach.  Hopefully this fortress will grow and allow us to extend our reach against the foul demons who lack blood for Armok.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Opal, 23rd
The kicking of animals down the doom-shaft appears to have begun again, much to my glee.  Blood for the Blood God!

For the past month, I've been recieving reports about a deer harassing water-seekers.  When I finally investigate, it turns out a deer has become stuck on our death bridge.

I've ordered the marksdwarves to pincushion him.

Although it seems to late to save that cocksucker Zasit.  The lone deer terrifiyed him so long, he died of thirst.

Opal, 26th
More animals, more kicking into shafts, more blood for Armok.  A good day for everyone.

Obsidian, 6th
As the bridge leading into our fort is quite cluttered with corpses, I've ordered them all dumped nearby.  I love the sight of dead goblins as much as the next dwarf, but there's a mountain of them and there a pain in the ass to walk around.

And they smell like elves.

Prettier though.

Obsidian, 10th
There was an accident on the monument today, some kind of collapse caused by shoddy workmanship.  Irony was grievously injured.

However, it seems she will live.

Obsidian, 15th
A snatcher was seen outside the fortress.  However, he ran off before he could kidnap anyone.

A few hours later, a goblin ambush team attacks the monument construction site.  However, since the construction site is protected by walls and they have no archers, they are forced to attack the front of Deathgate.

Well, lets see how that goes for the beardless hoopleheads.

Obsidian, 24th
In celebration of the coming new year, I've ordered all our goblin prisoners put to death via magma baths.

End of 764

Yes! Burn! Burn!  Burn bitch, burn in the cleansing magma! 
Givs us more blood!
Blood for the Blood God!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Ḃ̴̙̩͐͌ͭ͢͡L͕̲̜̝̦ͧ͂͌̈́͌͆͗ͅƠ̦̳͉̤̱͉ͪ̓ͯ͌ͅͅO̧̲̻̲̻̯͕̜͒̌͠D̶̠͇̗̚͠ ̢̲̺̋̔͋̄͌ͬ̇̄̌͝F̡͖̬̺͕̖̗̭̈̊͊̀̋ͩ̏́̕͝Ǫ̮̜̰̘͔̌̓̂̀̉ͭ͂ͤ͝R̨̞̠̬̘͇̙̞̘̘̓ͥ͝ ̰̮̹̥̮̤͓̖ͪͅT̶̮̗͕͉͂ͧ̊͜Ḩ͉͓͙͈͇̰̀̃́E̸̗͈͍̞͑̀̐ͨ̈̚ ̙̲̬͇͉̥͍͈̈́̂͗B̵̨͚̲̯͔̳͇̞̩̭̓͒̿̏̀ͦ͑L̸̖̿̇ͤ̐ͭ̅́Ȯ͚͔̥̠͖͚͙̇ͪ̕O̷̸͓̤̜̰̳̯ͤ̂ͨͤ̏̌ͧ̉͛Ď̓̂͐͊҉͚̠ ̘̫̘͓̦̗̫̄͌͌̓̆̑ͫͪ Ġ͎̝̜͍͇̳ͦ͑ͮ́ͧͣͯO͈͉̤̿͆ͤ͛̋̍̍́̚Ḑ̛̞̠̒ͭ̎̇̂ͬ͑͠!̯̰̦̰̬͍̘͎̂̑͑́̈̌̃ͧ

Ahem, excuse me...

Well, this has been a productive year for Deathgate.  Hell's Breach has been completed, a monument to Armok has been started.  Useless animals have been slaughtered, and we're in the process of liquidating our goblin stock. 

[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:37 am »

I would like to be redorfed as Karakzon II should the chance occur.

good work on killing the brute and bringing down the fps drag even a bit.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 07, 2011, 11:50:14 am »

Actually you'd be dorfed as Karakzon the IV.
The first died against Goblins i think, the second died fighting in hell (his ghost was haunting us for a long time), and the third just died.
You shall be redorfed as one of the new grunt squads.  Hopefully by the time you see combat, you'll be a mega-dorf again.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 07, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »

lol..
fair does dear sir Any plans for furthering the hell expansion compound?

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 07, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »

Is the save updated? The post says that the save is from the 17th of August, but the post was updated today, and I infer from the end of your post that the year is up. Should I begin, or are we circling around now that the lag is cleared up?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:51:21 pm by scaliper »
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 07, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

Actually my turns not up.  Last overseer had to quit half way into the year.  I'm taking a little extra time on my turn so we don't have to end our turns mid-year and so no one has to take a half-year turn. 

Fear not!  It shall be your turn soon.

@Karakzon
Not atm.  Hell's a good way to loose half the dwarves.  Right now I'm working on the monument and the sub-fort a bit.  Hopefully we can build a self-maintaining fort in Hell though.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »

Granite, 1st
A new year as broken and today marks the 14th aniversery of Deathgate's founding.  With the spring thraw upon us, work on Armok's Monument continues in earnest. 

Training of our new military squad has been slow, thanks to a lack of digging.  As we need obsidian for the monument and we have plenty lining the old mines, I've ordered large chunks carved out. 

Also, I've noticed there's a ton of hauling work too be done.  I've been hoping it finishes for a while now, but it never seems to end.

Granite, 9th
Yeah, that's it, mine that god damn obsidian for Armok.

Granite, 17th
Mining goes well, as well as work on the monument.  It should be completed within the year and ready to sacrifice the unworthy.

In other news, I've ordered the chests and coffers lying around the fortress to be placed in the sub-fortress rooms.  I've recieved complaints that dwarves are lacking storage and I seek to rectifiy that.

Granite. 21st
Ouroboros has been showing signs possessed.  This is an ominous sign. He eventually claims a magma forge and claims adamantine wafers.

Perhaps we will get a new weapon or armor worthy of a god.

Slate, 6th

Ouroboros has completed his craft, turns out its not anything useful.

Well, at least Armok would be happy with it.  It is snuff work after all.

Slate, 9th
We have a visitor down in one of the caverns.

Bring it on! 
Oh wait you can't, we sealed off the cavern exits.

Slate, 13th
We've set up a dwarven atom smasher in the sub-fort to begin removing useless junk from the place.  I've ordered useless stone and tattered clothing tossed in the smasher.

Felsite, 6th
Due to a lack of soap in the fortress, Irony succumb to an infection and died today.

Our medical facilities are sorely lacking.  While we have skills doctors and many beds, we lack soap and materials for casts.  Because of this, broken bones seem to go unhealed here.  I'll have to request plaster powder from the mountain home as we have no gypsum here.

Felsite, 7th
Some cocksucker forgot to bring water to our imprisioned Metalsmith, Doren Alaknish, and so he has died of thirst in his cage.

Perhaps I should rethink this whole captain of the guard thing.  As much as I love having blood spilled for Him, losing useful dwarves is a real pain in the ass.

Felsite, 16th
It turns out, the new military unit hasn't been crosstraining as miners.  I guess they were never given any picks since we're apparently out.  I've ordered ten copper picks made at once.

Work on the monument continues as normal.

Felsite. 26th

We continue to work.  Little else of note happens.

I feel a storm coming.
The goblins have been silent since we captured their last ambush.  I can feel them coming, I can smell their foul blood.

Their blood,
It belongs to Armok!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2011, 04:53:56 pm »

splints and traction benches work just as well as using casts.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 07, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »

We've got a bunch of em, but we still got broken limbs galore.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 07, 2011, 10:34:42 pm »

We've got a bunch of em, but we still got broken limbs galore.
Maybe we have limb breaking galore.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »

Hematite, 1st
Summer has arrived.

Hematite, 5th
Another forgotten beast is detected in the caverns.  Again, we pay it no mind, as they are unable to assail our fortress.  However, someday we will have to take the caverns as our own and when they day comes, we shall slaughter them in the name of Armok.

Too bad they don't have blood, sorta makes it not worth it.

Hematite, 10th
Some cocksucker managed to drag troll blood all over the monument.  I can't find out who did it, but when I do, I'm kicking them down the shaft first!

Hematite, 22nd
The month has been uneventful, but work continues as planned.

Malachite, 10th
Work on the monument is nearing completion.  As an ominious sign, Zulban Dastotust, one of the miners, withdraws from society and claims a claims a mason's workshop.  After five or so days he begins his work.

I'm hoping its a statue of Armok, ya know, for the monument.

Malachite, 19th
Mideg has gone insane.  Apparently fighting in hell took a toll on the poor dwarf.  He is bed-ridden and paralyized. 

Alas, once the monument is complete, will shall give him his peace.

Malachite, 20th

Zulban has finished his work.  Again, someone has made useless junk

I'll have him flogged for this!

Malachite, 25th
A beast has been spotted in hell.

Honestly, what draws so many foul demons to Deathgate?  That's two this season.  Something is luring them here.  They need to be handled before they grow out of control.

Wait, wait, wait.
Is that thing made of salt?
Whatever, he cannot penetrate Hell's Breach.

Galena, 7th
Asmel Nishshoveth has given birth to a baby girl. 

Galena, 13th
A human caravan has arrived.  I've requested our broker to the trade depot.  I have no intentions of trading with these heathens. 

No, instead I demand all of their metal, food, booze, and expensive trinkets as tribute.  When they refuse to hand them over, I take them by force.

The humans are obviously pissed off by this.  But neither I, the military, nor Armok cares.  We throw them out of the fort and warn them never to come back.

Damn devil-worshipping humans.  Do they thing they'd be welcome here at Deathgate, where dwarves have died to take and conquer a portion of hell?

Of course not!

THIS. IS. DEATHGATE!

Galena, 28th
The monument is finished.  Mostly at least, the mechanisms to control the sacrificial altar have yet to be finished but that won't take long.

The entire structure is made up of obsidian.  The sacrificial altar is made of cinnabar, the pyramid atop is made of gold with an adamantine tip.  The statues are all made of gold.

Sacrifices will be ordered to Altar and then a lever shall be pulled, dropping them down several floors until they are impaled on an adamantine spear or splattered on the floor.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:35 pm »

Also, for anyone interested, here's pictures of the monument at various stages of construction from mostly the same angle.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2011, 05:27:20 pm »

That's quite...
Wow

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »

Glad you guys like it :D

Originally I was going to make a normal pyramid, but I figured this would be more interesting.
I wish we had more red-colored stone like bauxite or more cinnabar.  I would've added some red accents to it...

Ya know, I still might.  Make a line of red floors coming from the altar to the stairs, like blood is flowing into the fort from the sacrifices.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 175