Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832693 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #870 on: October 06, 2011, 02:35:07 am »

Just finished reading through this, epic, only word for it  :).
Can I be Dorfed as Edmus, a male tough speardwarf, thanks.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #871 on: October 06, 2011, 02:37:46 am »

The Faith Healer evaluated all of them in the hospital, but that's it.

What more do I need to do? Armok will either heal them, or take them as fitting sacrifices. The wounded should be proud to offer themselves to the Blood God!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 06, 2011, 05:57:04 am »

How's my dorf, Baelor? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 06, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »

Nice stuff going on. Can't wait until my turn.

Could you change Alexei's custom profession to "The Carver"? For that's what he does, whether he's carving shapes into stone, tunnels into the earth, or pain into his foes.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »

Can i have a female dwarf by the name jocgame a soldier will be nice thank you.
this is the greatest fortress i have ever read about keep up the good work.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 06, 2011, 06:22:42 pm »

Clearly, the Mad Fool is too busy conducting cybernetics experiments to bother with less interesting medicine.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2011, 03:49:24 am »

Did Eoganachta died in the slaughter? Last I saw s/he was stationed in the Hell outpost.

She was actually busy doing the same thing she's doing now, and is either very fortunate or very intuitive.  She's also been summarily promoted to Militia Commander since the recent battle, as the most senior surviving officer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What more do I need to do? Armok will either heal them, or take them as fitting sacrifices. The wounded should be proud to offer themselves to the Blood God!

Sounds legit, keep up the good work.

Nice stuff going on. Can't wait until my turn.

Could you change Alexei's custom profession to "The Carver"? For that's what he does, whether he's carving shapes into stone, tunnels into the earth, or pain into his foes.

It is done.  I should mention that he's dual-wielding iron picks, I'll have some adamantine picks made when I build the adamantine forge with the adamantine anvil for the benefit of our master smiths.

Edmus, former farmer, is indefatigable, very strong and tough, and has complained about the draft lately.  He does not trust others.

Templar Baelor is quite content with her ≡adamantine short sword≡ and is weaving thread into ☼cloth☼.  Since she's truly fulfilled by assisting those in need, I assigned her to minor health care.

jocgame, draftee, is a legendary siege operator, I suppose she was the one shooting at that (newly expunged) deer this whole time.  She does not go out of her way to help others and likes to consume fisher berries and fisher berry wine.

The Mad Fool has actually just decided to Recover Wounded.  He's picking up a tantruming animal trainer that Blead, new Captain of the Guard, punched and kicked into a coma.  I suppose the Quack's found a suitable test subject.

And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 07, 2011, 04:43:33 am »

Did Eoganachta died in the slaughter? Last I saw s/he was stationed in the Hell outpost.

She was actually busy doing the same thing she's doing now, and is either very fortunate or very intuitive.  She's also been summarily promoted to Militia Commander since the recent battle, as the most senior surviving officer.

Great! I would think that being the 'most senior surviving officer' would be a great achivement in Deathgate. Advancement in Deathgate is, after all, by +pointy adamantine shoes+. And demon fire. lots of demon fire.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 07, 2011, 04:53:31 am »

Great! I would think that being the 'most senior surviving officer' would be a great achivement in Deathgate. Advancement in Deathgate is, after all, by +pointy adamantine shoes+. And demon fire. lots of demon fire.

It's more along the lines of "If you can get the last guy's shoes away from the Pterosaur Demon and wear them longer than thirty seconds without your feet melting or rotting off, you've got the job".

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 07, 2011, 06:21:45 am »

Baelor's a girl?

I'm fine with that, but why isn't she in the front lines?  I really don't care if she dies, as long as she dies fighting ( and killing, I hope she's skilled enough ) demons and forgotten beasts. 

Please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 07, 2011, 06:27:20 am »

I can throw her in the full-time training squad, sure.  She's in one of the alternating-monthly squads since she's a useful worker (legendary weaver).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 07, 2011, 06:28:47 am »

Thank you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 07, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »

Dual candy picks? :D I can't wait for Alexei to cause serious pain!!! Is it possible for Deathgate's jewelers to encrust my picks with rubies or any blood-red gem? Alexei the Carver is a devout follower of the Blood God...
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2011, 07:41:35 am »

Alright then time to sacrifice myself for the greater good!
NOT a friendly dwarf.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 08, 2011, 11:48:13 am »

Hahaha, looks like Blead is living up to his name! xD

...sorry, couldn't resist.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 175