Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836083 times)

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #945 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:13 am »

Nice. My dwarf is still alive and cooking/butchering/brewing ....things. 8)

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 21, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »

Deathgate, 3rd Slate 768

The masonry works in our hell-filled basement are going ahead nicely, since only a blob of water with wings has been spotted flying far away from our workers by one of our guards. And now, behold, THE FIRST PART OF MY GLORIOUS PROJECT!

I have given out orders to get level two up and running. To that end, we're going to build a roof over the walled area.

There has also been some reports of ghostly activity, something we don't really need right now. Damn ghosts bringing our peon's worker's morale down! But Deathgate shall not be worried! I am a world-renowned ghost buster, and I know just what to do. I've given out orders to both create and engrave memorial slabs. That should put our dead to rest (and get them of our ass for a moment, thank Nimrek, for we've got enough going on right now).

And to close today's entry, I've got another example of how exactly closeness to the underworld may and do affect dwarven minds.
One of our best and brightest armorsmiths has just taken to calling himself "AnimaRytak II", since apparently he is related to our founder through his grandmother's uncle's brother's sister. Or that's what he says.

--------------------------------
Sorry for the delay and shitty image formating.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 21, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

Clowns can fly over those glowing pits.  You're going to need to wall in the northern part of your addition.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 21, 2011, 05:34:38 pm »

Hmm... I see Irony has fallen.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 22, 2011, 01:51:00 am »

As an aside, you could also floor over the pits and then surround the area with walls. More space that way.

E: Even better, build a staircase descending into the very underbelly of Hell as low as the lowest level you can reach, *then* floor it off.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 22, 2011, 02:38:35 am »

As an aside, you could also floor over the pits and then surround the area with walls. More space that way.

E: Even better, build a staircase descending into the very underbelly of Hell as low as the lowest level you can reach, *then* floor it off.

Someone's been reading my own fortress thread about Hell.

In all (relative) seriousness though, are those adamantine walls you've built?  Or did you spill troll blood on them or something?

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 22, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

It's fool's adamantine, aka Microcline  :D. Decided not to waste precious resources for a trivial task like this.
Also I am already getting round to walling off the pits for time being. Next overseer might want to go ahead and floor (or wall) over them :P.

Dveduu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 22, 2011, 04:44:48 pm »

How do you make a sword out of a fire demon? Is there any way to hold this sword? Insulated gloves perhaps.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 22, 2011, 09:41:47 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to complete my turn this time of year...probably later.
But I would like to be redorfed.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 23, 2011, 05:54:11 am »

How do you make a sword out of a fire demon? Is there any way to hold this sword? Insulated gloves perhaps.
I think this is a question better left unanswered.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2011, 06:28:34 am »

Shit guys. Seems like I won't be able to finish my turn due to real life issues  :-[.
Sorry 'bout that  :'(. Save file uploaded to wimbli : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5096

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2011, 03:47:09 pm »

Since Umune has decided to pass, Flaede is up next.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 24, 2011, 01:40:22 am »

I downloaded the save to try this. Dwarf on fire within a real world second. Dead due to bleading in a few more. That sword is suicide.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 24, 2011, 01:48:21 am »

I downloaded the save to try this. Dwarf on fire within a real world second. Dead due to bleading in a few more. That sword is suicide.

Are you sure the dwarf grabbed the right end?  We all know they're not that bright as recruits...

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2011, 09:18:12 am »

Are you sure the dwarf grabbed the right end?  We all know they're not that bright as recruits...

I'm still curious as to how it was made. It isn't an artifact by the look of it.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 175