Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836908 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:36 pm »

Yeah, looks like I can't help ya any time soon. I'll get back on this list at a later date. Sorry, Deathgate!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »

I wonder what would happen if you tried to pick up that flaming demon sword in adventure mode, if you have good enough gloves on that is.

I moreso wonder what would happen if you actually tried attacking something with that sword before you burn away.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 30, 2011, 12:02:53 am »

Alex the Destroyer's turn is now, he has until November 1st, at 1 AM to acknowledge his turn.  He may use Ovg's turn and finish both her turn in addition to his own or pick up from Seth's turn.

Normally I'd PM this, but after a bottle of rum and a bottle of sake, this dwarf is FAR to lazy to use member search.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2011, 08:08:44 pm »

Awesome! My turn's here!

I'm writing a short tale to introduce the discovery my overseers journal (I'll try not to make it too too long but it may be if I enjoy writing it enough). I'll try to get that and part of my update posted by later tonight.

(Edit: Alright here's the "short" tale introducing the discovery of the history of the reign of my overseer. I very much enjoyed writing it but if you would rather have it shorter I'm sure I could take out some parts. I hope you enjoy!  8))

(I had to make a small edit because I just realized my dwarf is a girl. Oh, well. I'm not a girl but I'll try to make it fit. I also changed my dwarf's name to Alexis the Bloody and removed the occupation of plague surgeon, she's now just a surgeon)

Dark, and horrifying, endless amounts of tunnels leading to endless more tunnels, snaking and making their way through the volcano. Deathgate certainly fit it’s descriptions in the history textbooks, a cursed fortress built by dwarves driven mad by their war against Hell. Taking a rest from your exploration of the ruined fortress you ponder over your situation. It was only a month ago that you first discovered the location of the cursed fortress of Deathgate, the birthplace of various madness causing plagues. It took years of searching through old dusty tomes, cross-referencing vague references of fire and demons, but it will all be worth it once it’s over. Deathgate was the last known location of the legendary spear of Karakzon, Umidirtir Minkot Ibesh, an artifact adamantium spear bathed in the blood of demons. As a descendent in the family of the Tyrar, it belongs to you, it is your birthright to get a chance wet the adamantium weapon in the blood of demons and free the land from the terror of the Demon Lords, an enemy that has cursed your family since Deathgate first fell to madness and terror hundreds of years ago.

You’ve made it through mountains and valleys, across terrifying landscapes, deeper and deeper into the territory of the Demon Lords until you finally reached the ruins of the ancient fortress;  a volcano littered with bones of dwarf and demon a like, topped with a temple to Armok. You had found the original entrances to the fortress littered with traps, however providence had blessed you and you found another entrance. It was an old magma tunnel once used against invaders. You had gotten lucky, there were no traps in the tunnel, and a section of Gold wall that once sealed off the tunnel had collapsed, allowing entrance into the belly of the fortress.

You had made it through a large system of dark and twisting tunnels constructed by Deathgate’s ever maddening Overseers. It was then that you had your first close encounter with a forgotten beast, a demon with multiple twisted heads that had made its home in a large room that housed an ancient construct known as the BATTERY. It was a close call but a close call was all it was, it was feasting on goblin remains which allowed you move past it deeper into the fortress. It was then that you reached the Grand Stair Case, a set of stairs, that descended deep into the belly of the fortress, the likely location of Umidirtir Minkot Ibesh.

You coughed out loud bringing your focus back to the present; the air that festered in the fortress was thick with the smell of brimstone and old bones and taking a rest from your quest had only allowed the air to infect your blood at a greater rate and your head now felt cloudier than it was before. This fortress would’ve made an end of any lesser dwarf but royal blood flowed through your veins and you knew your destiny. You dug through the contents of your sack, looking for a potion to clear your mind. “Curses!” you mumbled to yourself. The potion had fallen through a hole in your sack at the entrance of the fortress. You picked up your gear and continued deeper and deeper into the fortress, letting your dwarven eyes adjust to the darkness, resolving to find the location of the fortress hospital and then the spear.

After hours of searching you realized that the crossing the fortress by foot would take days. Luckily though you had found the ruins of what was once a great hospital and inside the office of the Chief Medical Dwarf you found a small stockpile of potions and a large book that may prove useful for your search. Written on the inside cover of the book was the words “ALEXANDRA AVUZISUL, known as Alexis the Bloody, fortress surgeon and OVERSEER of the great dwarven fortress RASHINOD OKBODGESHUD in the kingdom of USHAT US-N.” Concluding that the room was much safer and the air much clearer than the rest of the fortress, you decided to sit down and read through, hoping for a clue as to the location of the spear.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:17:01 am by Alex the Destroyer »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2011, 11:36:17 pm »

I like the style.  It's like a "Choose your own adventure" type of thing. 

Can I please have an update on my dorf? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 31, 2011, 01:11:04 am »

Can I please have an update on my dorf?

I found the skeleton of a "Baelor Dogikuzol" in a diorite burial container. Funny enough, it's still covered in the blood of another dwarf by the name of Fath Wadoil and the forgotten beast extract of a beast named Irafe. The coffin is placed where the demons were first defeated, right past the obsidianizer.

The scribes have also found mention of a death of a "Lord Baelor" Timber 11th during the reign of Creiyd. It was said that Baelor was "slain by a slavering lizard beast in the depths of the fortress." The death however was avenged as the excerpt continues that "A novice miner stumbled on the beast as it lay upon the corpse of its victim, and managed to slay the brute before succumbing to his own injuries. "

Apart from those two notes there was found no Baelor mentioned among either the living or the living at Deathgate.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:05 am »

ALEXANDRA AVUZISUL, known as Alexis the Bloody, fortress surgeon and OVERSEER of the great dwarven fortress RASHINOD OKBODGESHUD in the kingdom of USHAT US-N.

In the year 768 in the month of Slate by the power given to me by Moldath and the Kingdom of Ushat Us-n I have ascended to the position of overseer over Rashinod Okbodgeshud. My ascension to overseer has been a necessary burden to bear as the last person to occupy my post (a fellow surgeon at that) was driven mad. I have yet to inquire what drove her to insanity but now she seems to spend her time idling about, mumbling to herself, and spending time with her pet peahen. The fool stills insists on being called “Ovg the Supreme” and a “surgeon” despite being only a novice surgeon and lacking in any qualities I’d consider “Supreme”. I’ve assigned her to participate in drills in the Dabbling Shields to keep her busy. Perhaps some military discipline will restore her sanity.

I’ve had my advisors give me a thorough status of our outpost in Hell and go through a full status of the lower fort above the magma seas. I would’ve asked them to give me a status of the upper levels of the fort and of the surface but by Moldath! The constructions up there seem to be as mad as my predecessors who constructed them! Perhaps I’ll order the upper levels emptied and the volcano opened to flood the area with magma to leave just the magma sea fort and the Hell fort. Just thinking of all those constructions makes my head hurt.

By the gods! My predecessors have somehow managed to make hell even more hellish! The Hell fort is surrounded by corpses of dwarves, demons, and trails, long trails, of dwarven blood. All results of Hellish combat against the demons. The battle looks to have been a glorious one but by Moldath I hope our military is in shape to fight off any future demons.

The former overseers of this place seem to have been as mad as their reputation holds them to be. My advisors gave me a status of our weapons and military and it was pretty pathetic. I don’t believe our military has more than 1 or 2 individuals decently skilled or properly equipped for warfare. Recent military reforms have replaced the old system metal clad warriors with adamantium weapons with new dwarven units unfit to be called soldiers clothed in fancy cloaks and silk clothing. I ordered our 8 military squads to revert to the old way of doing things.

I closed off the adamantium gate in the Hell fort, and cancelled the construction of the roof, to focus on reorganizing and optimizing Deathgate. The lazy Hell forters weren’t getting any of the constructions done so due to the danger it’s best to keep the gate closed until the workers are free enough to get some work done. Two workers have insisted on staying outside despite the danger. I’ve closed the gate on them to teach them a lesson on obeying orders, hopefully the lack of food and water in Hell, will cause them to listen when I reopen the gate.

I’ve also begun some new constructions. Hopefully we’ll have a modern hospital down in the magma sea fort and some plumbing by the end of the year.  I’ve ordered an existing water pipe dug into and expanded to bring running water to the magma fort, if work is done quickly I can start plans on extending the pipe to the Hell fort.

While working with the architects I saw a member of our military, a pathetic dwarf, named Tundra, a member of our military and a "Hell Attacker" a seemingly ill-fitting but actually well deserved name as my assistant informed since Tundra was a veteran of the first battle against the demons. Perhaps someone will give him a noble death on the battlefield.

(Also! If anyone (as long as it's not too many) wants an update of their dwarf, I can try to find a way to include them in my next update.)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 31, 2011, 03:53:18 am »

don't really need an update or anything, but I'd just like to know if my dwarf still exists or not.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:49 am »

Darn.  Baelor didn't even get to die fighting the demons.

Anyway, please redorf me as Baelor the second, the first Baelor's child.  Gender, could be anything, but I would very much like my dorf to be given a sword, a nice adamantine sword, trained VERY well, and put on the front lines, if possible.  Please and thank you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 31, 2011, 04:57:07 am »

How dead am I?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 31, 2011, 05:04:53 am »

Is the Noticer of Things (aka; That Aussie Dwarf) still alive and roaming the fortress?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2011, 05:20:47 am »

heh, the adventurer who found the fort is my dorf's descendant, me like! On that note, my dorf IS still alive and kicking, right?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 31, 2011, 09:45:06 pm »

don't really need an update or anything, but I'd just like to know if my dwarf still exists or not.

Noodle III exists... as a partial skeleton covered in dwarf and goblin blood. Is that your most recent Noodle? I haven't found any references to any other Noodles.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:56 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's my guy...
I don't really know how or why i die all the time even though I'm supposed to have one of the "safer" jobs.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 02, 2011, 01:34:48 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's my guy...
I don't really know how or why i die all the time even though I'm supposed to have one of the "safer" jobs.

Just for fun I looked up to see if any of the Noodles have any surviving descendants so I can redorf as you so I can try to find a way to put you in some sort of death-proof room when I get back to the fort tomorrow.

Unfortunately though, the only one Noodle ever had a family and everyone already died out in the family years ago. One of the Noodles also had a close friend, a son of Karakazon II but yep, he's dead too.

So pretty much I think the line of Noodles is cursed.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 175