Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837168 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1035 on: November 14, 2011, 04:57:49 am »

Thank you for re-dorfing me.  Would it be okay if I get a skills and personality check, as well as my dorf being put on the front lines?  None of that support unit crap, for me, please. 

Really, glorious battle for my dorf is all I want. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 14, 2011, 05:01:20 am »

Well, that's good. I was wondering how the soldiers were supposed to kill him if he was made of steam.

In my experience, they generally just whack the demon in question with the flat side of an axe till they crack and watch as they whistle like a teakettle before bursting

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 14, 2011, 11:04:24 pm »

Thank you for re-dorfing me.  Would it be okay if I get a skills and personality check, as well as my dorf being put on the front lines?  None of that support unit crap, for me, please. 

Really, glorious battle for my dorf is all I want.

Well, unfortunately I remade you as a mason. I was gonna have you be a front line brick layer, laying down bricks in the depth of hell but if you want I'm sure I could just order you to just throw bricks at the steam demon until it cracks and "watch as it whistle like a teapot before bursting." That sounds pretty glorious.

Yeah, I don't believe you have any useful skills but brick laying, to be honest the whole military is utterly useless except for probably 6-7 dwarves, but I can if you want conscript into a squad. Do you have a preference for which squad you want? If not then I'll probably just conscript you into the Halls of Loving if that's your thing.

Edit: Sorry if that seemed a bit rude. I'm just being a bit sarcastic. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:30:46 am by Alex the Destroyer »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 15, 2011, 04:53:18 am »

It is so difficult to detect sarcasm in text-only conversations. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:31 am »

It is so difficult to detect sarcasm in text-only conversations.

Ha, well that's cause I was only semi-sarcastic. I totally made you into a mason without thinking you'd want glorious battle instead of glorious brick laying.

Actually. I just checked and you're already in the military. You're in The Waning Swords as a sworddwarf! Sweet.

Rakust Baelor Mosusamkol (Translation: Tomb Baelor Roomcounsel) ,a corpulent sworddwarf,  has complained about the lack of tables. As a citizen of Deathgate and a member of the The Waning Swords she is regularly haunted by the dead and frequently disgusted by miasma. She is decked in iron armor and covered in crundle and dwarf blood from recent combat. She still has adamantium and deer hair strands sewn into her from old injuries  She has no useful skills except for being a novice fighter. She has a broken and smashed finger on her right hand and is currently enjoying dwarven rum straight from the barrel.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:28 pm »

Thank you.  Wait...adamantium and deer hair...sewn?  Wow. 

I know I've already asked a bit too much from you, but is it alright if you could train her up a bit more? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:40 pm »

Journal of the overseer

20 Limestone

I saw Tundra, the crippled hell attacker, wandering around the construction site of Death Gate Hospital carrying a traction bench. The dwarf looked confused. The dwarf is as insane as ever.

2 Sandstone

A worker created a masterfully crafted statue today. I wouldn't have bothered to write it down but Sekra tells me that the dwarf who made it claims to be the mad mechanic Noodle, the fortress overseer who created the mysterious construction upstairs. Noodle died off years ago. It'd probably be a good idea to add a mental asylum to the designs of the Hospital in case more dwarves come around claiming to be long dead dwarves.

23 Sandstone

Reports have come in that a steam demon has killed a farmer in the upper levels. I've ordered the newly formed squads to kill the demon. I ordered all the squads to the job so it shouldn't take long.

25 Sandstone

INCOMPETENTS! Those fools! A rookie in the military got himself killed today. He tracked the steam demon into the upper magma shafts of the hospital and fell two stories down one of the magma pipes to suffocate in his own blood in one of the hospital rooms. The workers have been evacuated until Goden, an axedwarf, can make short work of the demon.

27 Sandstone

Two days delay in construction! The steam demon has yet to be killed. The Captain of the Guard tells me that when the rest of the military arrived they found the Steam Demon trying to gnaw its way through the adamantium armor on the corpse of Goden.

The military managed to wound the demon before the demon fled deeper down a hatch into the pipes below the Hospital. The military is currently organizing a storming of the magma chamber to kill the demon. I've also ordered the adamantium armaments on Goden's body to be recovered and his body prepared for entombing.

Hopefully the beast can be killed soon so the miners can resume digging out the magma pipes.

@ NRDL. Sure

Edit: Added another picture. Also, I didn't exactly intend it to be so but I guess you guys get a sneak peak into the mega project I've been spending all my time doing. It's been a lot but it's been fun.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:36:50 pm by Alex the Destroyer »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:26 pm »

Once again, thank you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1043 on: November 19, 2011, 06:19:08 am »

Just caught up after a few months of not reading... Fabulous. Is there any chance of uploading a complete map for those of us whose computers can't handle opening the actual save?

Has my faith healer managed to survive? Can I see the dwarf page? And if she's dead, could I be re-dorfed? Name of Pohoda, any profession is fine.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 19, 2011, 09:50:28 am »

How goes the dwarf zombification project?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 19, 2011, 02:13:17 pm »

@Sappho: Zulban is alive.

@The Mad Fool: It worked but don't get your hopes up. Also it'd probably be a good idea to build you a lab. I'll probably just build one into the hospital and you can share it with the other doctors. Is there anything specific you want in it? The hospital is already getting running magma and water in case you need it.

I'll include more detail in my next update.

Edit: Also, what program should I use to convert the save into a map you guys can look at?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:44:43 pm by Alex the Destroyer »

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 19, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »

How about some Demon and Forgotten Beast remains?  One can always use spare parts, after all....

Also, some cages and pens for animal testing, if it's not too much trouble.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 19, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »

How about some Demon and Forgotten Beast remains?  One can always use spare parts, after all....

Also, some cages and pens for animal testing, if it's not too much trouble.

Hmm, alright. I won't be able to build anything super cool since I'm constrained by the magma seas but I'll try to figure something out.

Also, my ultimate plan for the plumbing system (besides bringing running water to the fortress) is to have it all drain down through a candy cane. If I make it so you can dump gobbos into the flow of water do you think they'll be able to survive a descent into hell by waterfall?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 21, 2011, 12:50:51 am »

JUST WOW :o :o
You guys are awesome!!! It has to be a line of T-shirts made just for death gate just so more people learn of its awesomness!!
1st shirt will have the Description of the t-shirt on the T-shirt about death gate
2nd shirt has the description of the fortress
3rd shirt will have the Quote from: AnimaRytak

I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 

4th shirt will have Quote from: scaliper

Dear god...this place looks like it's been designed by multiple particularly sadistic madmen.

5th shirt will have
Quote from: noodle0117

I might need a bit more time getting the update up, since my computer literally crashed from the sheer amounts of gore, death, and dwarven engineering awesome.

Just for the glory the demon face and quote to be on the back of every Shirt

"Welcome to Deathgate, home of the Doom Burger, can I take your order?"

But last but not least I would liked to be Dwarfed into an Axedwarf and sit my dwarf into the danger room till he is epic if you dont mind. Name will be Urist McUrist the Negative fourth...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:53:22 am by Urist McUrist the -Fourth »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 21, 2011, 03:29:37 pm »

Only if you make these shirts and send some to me!

E: Actually, would something like this be doable? I mean, if we were to make the back the logo with "Welcome to Deathgate, home of the doom burger. May I take your order?" and personalize the front for each ruler, with the list of accomplishments from their reign(s) from the timeline on the front, simple pay-for-one standard? Greatest inside joke ever!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:48:49 pm by scaliper »
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 175