Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837393 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1050 on: November 22, 2011, 12:26:16 am »

I want to see if I could get more people on this project I might be able to get it sold on some online retailers too.. If you guys dont mind. I would like to give everyone that participated (if i get it rolling) a t shirt of their accomplishments as overseers for personal touch. Also i figured one last quote should be good shirt

Quote from: AnimaRytak

We call the madness Terry and scold him whenever reality breaks.
    Bad Terry, bad!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 22, 2011, 01:27:24 am »

I was bored, so I decided to run with what I feel like a cool design would be. Left is front, right is back. I used my reign, of course, because, well, I'm me. The font, of course, is horrendous, as is the bordering, but it was really just a quick-job on paint, and I'm no artist. I'm thinking some really "ironically cool" font for most of it, and maybe a hellfire border on the back. This is really just for eyeballing. Lemme know what you think :D

E: Thinking maybe the quote on the back could be chosen by the ruler? Or maybe one could get multiple shirts, each with a different quote.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:30:12 am by scaliper »
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 22, 2011, 01:38:20 am »

OK, can I get back into the Overseer Rotation? I once again have a functional computer. Sadly, no internet, but tea-and-wifi go great together.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:48 am »

28 Sandstone

The militia have just returned from battle with the demon and so work on the hospital resumes! Victory goes to Mideg who slew the demon by punching straight through it's chest from behind causing it to burst into a steam cloud.

5 Timber

Goden has been brought up to the old hospital from the magma fortress ALIVE! Me and the Mad Fool immediately removed her adamantium armor and began treatment. Praise that blessed metal! I've left her in the Mad Fool's care to continue treatment but my own prognosis is that she will live.

2 Opal

Another forgotten beast has appeared, this time in the caverns. The masons were able to find the tunnel they've been using to enter the fortress. I've ordered it sealed to prevent any further incursions.

5 Opal

Osod got into the fortress and killed a cat. A nearby cook and the militia was able to put it down before it got a chance to cause serious harm.

(Also, the year just ended. I only got a chance to oversee the fortress for 10 months since the last person wasn't able to finish their turn. So unless the next overseer really wants a go I'm gonna take the next 12 months stabilizing and streamlining the fortress, getting the new hospital constructed, and getting magma and water pipes flowing through the lower fortress and piped down to hell)

(One more thing. What program should I use to export the game save to map so you guys can take a look at the insanity.)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1054 on: November 22, 2011, 02:13:26 pm »

You can export a map from the game in the ESC menu (somewhere below save game), convert it with the map converter (you can find it on the wiki I think) and upload it to the map archive. Sorry for not providing more specific directions and links, but I just got home from a 12-hour shift and I just don't have the concentration left to find them. :)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 22, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

(Also, the year just ended. I only got a chance to oversee the fortress for 10 months since the last person wasn't able to finish their turn. So unless the next overseer really wants a go I'm gonna take the next 12 months stabilizing and streamlining the fortress, getting the new hospital constructed, and getting magma and water pipes flowing through the lower fortress and piped down to hell)

Totally fine by me.  That said, you've been at your turn for 22 days.  So try not to take too long in your next year.

I was bored, so I decided to run with what I feel like a cool design would be. Left is front, right is back. I used my reign, of course, because, well, I'm me. The font, of course, is horrendous, as is the bordering, but it was really just a quick-job on paint, and I'm no artist. I'm thinking some really "ironically cool" font for most of it, and maybe a hellfire border on the back. This is really just for eyeballing. Lemme know what you think :D

E: Thinking maybe the quote on the back could be chosen by the ruler? Or maybe one could get multiple shirts, each with a different quote.

Needs a better font.  Perhaps something fantasy-esque or the dwarf fortress font.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 22, 2011, 04:05:01 pm »

Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 22, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

Needs a better font.  Perhaps something fantasy-esque or the dwarf fortress font.
Certainly, as I said. Not quite sure what the perfect font is, though. Excello could be interesting, as could Fairy dust, but both seem a bit off somehow. Fantasy One seems the best fit to me, but then again excello just looks so awesome!

Do whatever you like with the back, but I think this is a pretty good front.
http://www.customink.com/designs/deathgate/yvm0-000m-kdc6/hotlink?pc=HL-46120&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-2-_-Body_txt-_-button1
Not sure whether it was intentional, but I feel as if the shirt needs to be black, so that there's just the face there.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

Yeah, I wanted black but they didn't didn't have pure black, just different shades of sorta-black.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 22, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »

Coolio. I still think the font isn't quite the right one...at the moment, I'm torn between excello and fantasy one, but there's still a world of fonts out there that I haven't even looked at.

T-Shirt design is so fun! :D

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 22, 2011, 04:59:41 pm »

Totally fine by me.  That said, you've been at your turn for 22 days.  So try not to take too long in your next year.

Yeah, midterms got a hold of me but luckily I was still able to get regular updates despite how crazy things were. I'm on Thanksgiving break now though so I'm gonna try to power through things so I can hand off the torch to the next overseer.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 22, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »

i want one of those shirts xP
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »

I'm just popping in here to suggest that perhaps some form of Elder Futhark inspired font. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark ) Ancient germanic/norse runes seem fitting for dwarves, given that the runes use simple straight lines so they can be carved into things. Also the whole rape/pillage/burn Viking mentality fits for your average Bay12er fort.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 22, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »

I'm just popping in here to suggest that perhaps some form of Elder Futhark inspired font. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark ) Ancient germanic/norse runes seem fitting for dwarves, given that the runes use simple straight lines so they can be carved into things. Also the whole rape/pillage/burn Viking mentality fits for your average Bay12er fort.
It would be interesting, but I feel like the characters themselves would have to be so anglicized for the sake of readability that they wouldn't look very Nordic, but rather very straight-line-English. Then again, I don't really know, and people can do some crazy things with letters. :P

Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea of having the entire font be that Fantasy One, with the year description being Excello. The latter just strikes me as incredibly dwarfy, but it really doesn't mesh with the doomburger tone.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 23, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »

You forgot the best quote ever:

"More blood for the blood god!  More skulls for the skull throne!  More meat for the meat salsa!"

(I'm pretty sure that was Anima but I'm not looking through 70+ pages for it :P)
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 175