Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832739 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1080 on: December 06, 2011, 06:42:03 am »

Quote from: Mitchewawa link=topic=84451.msg2812808#msg2812808

[b
19th Granite:[/b]
I have made a great discovery! On the construction of a roof for our hell-post, I accidentally ordered a floor built over one of those glowing pits. It turns out that construction over these strange glowing pits is in fact, possible. I will make myself some nice little chambers in this greatly lit area!

Indeed you can.  There is however a bug - you can build atop a Glowing Pit from the side, but you cant build down onto one with an Up Stair even though there's a staircase above it leading downwards.

Neat. Good thing I'm only building myself a room. Perhaps out of goblin cap...
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:08 am »

[b
I have made a great discovery! On the construction of a roof for our hell-post, I accidentally ordered a floor built over one of those glowing pits. It turns out that construction over these strange glowing pits is in fact, possible. I will make myself some nice little chambers in this greatly lit area!

Indeed you can.  There is however a bug - you can build atop a Glowing Pit from the side, but you cant build down onto one with an Up Stair even though there's a staircase above it leading downwards.

Goblin cap?  GOBLIN CAP?!  If you're going to build a room for yourself in Hell, you use wood from the surface.  How else will you insult the dreaded Underworld?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 07, 2011, 12:21:22 am »

What's more dwarfy then making a giant "Fuck Demons" monument in hell, with elfy materials?
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 07, 2011, 12:39:13 am »

What's more dwarfy then making a giant "Fuck Demons" monument in hell, with elfy materials?

I used adamantine and surface-wood floors to spell out the name of my fortress on the surface of the Underworld.  I reckon you guys can go one-better by doing that demon face in the OP.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 07, 2011, 01:35:14 am »

[b

Goblin cap?  GOBLIN CAP?!  If you're going to build a room for yourself in Hell, you use wood from the surface.  How else will you insult the dreaded Underworld?

Pave the world with netherwood.
Proves that the center of the earth is a lot colder than the molten magma layer surrounding it.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 07, 2011, 03:27:50 am »

I'll see what I can do, but I've already got a lot of masonry and architecture going. I got those rooms I pointed to with crudely drawn words and arrows.

E: Holy shit. I only just realised the name of my second chapter, 'Spoogemonsters'. I called it something else. My brother changed it, I swear!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:30:23 am by Mitchewawa »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:04 am »

The life of Mitchewawa, Ruler of Deathgate

Chapter 3: Vomited Blood in a Rage

That colossal asshat, Omus, is nearing our gates. It's a retarded shame that, despite he can't get to us, he's still harassing the construction dwarfs. And lo, the front door is raised. No chance of that getting opened anytime soon I bet...

2nd Slate:
Some migrants have arrived; probably sent here because of their particular fucked up uselessness. Still, I can't be one to complain, as every dwarf alive means one more dwarf still standing against the demons. We're also down a fair few dwarfs when it comes to hauling and masonry.

This basically sums them up.

An exert from the bookkeeper's book
This is my first semesterly checking of the books. I never knew that I'd ever had to do this; I assumed those before me would've had the place of mind. That has had me proven wrong over the past month.
Signed, Mitch

Oh my. This might actually be good!

Nevermind... What the hell...? I don't even want to know how many lives this feat took. What I would like to know, however, is why overseers would allow such lunacy?
Oh wait.

It's nice (and not nice) to see some well trained doctors, and it's even not nicer to see some untrained doctors. Derm was given every medical job despite not having any expertise. I don't care if he's an ex-overseer or whatever, I will not be having him play nurse.

'tards shall have no place near my heavy machinery! No level smiths have been taken off their regiment of stupid pills and pretend forging.

Aside from 5 legendaries without their speciality allowed, that was it. Ugghhhhhhh-

*The parchement appears to have been vomited blood upon in a rage*

6th Slade (see what I did there?):
On a side note, that beastie fled at the prospect of our archers raining hell on him. In hell. That would have been the case if they got off their asses.

I just filled that graveyard at the bottom of hell. Had to put some slabs in the corridors.

Man am I tired. Everything is going in slow motion. I need a nap...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:17:33 pm by Mitchewawa »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:00 am »

*The parchement appears to have been vomited blood upon in a rage*

In humans, this condition would be a sign of a failing liver.
Dwarves, however, are one giant liver.  And therefore this is a medical mystery. 
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 07, 2011, 07:53:35 am »

Nuuuuu my experiments!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:24 pm »

Bahaha! Nice run so far Mitchewawa.
Any chance you can set up a "disposal chute" down the glowing pits? or are they not as akin to the bottomless pits of yore as they seem?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 08, 2011, 12:23:34 am »

Any chance you can set up a "disposal chute" down the glowing pits? or are they not as akin to the bottomless pits of yore as they seem?

They are indeed bottomless.  If a dwarf falls down, you get the message "Urist McUnlucky has fallen into a deep chasm"

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 09, 2011, 02:55:02 am »

That's actually a good idea. I'll dump all those useless clothes, copper armour and weapons and whatnot. I'll put it in my room! I'll be mister popular!

Or I would, if we had more then 5 idlers at a time to undertake such a monumental rubbish removal.
E: On a related note, I won't forget to have a go tonight like I did last night.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:57:00 am by Mitchewawa »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 10, 2011, 05:11:48 am »

Chapter 4: Insane Architectural Boner

Lets start this journal update off with a fizzle! I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner. Need I mention...

I can't believe no one put a roof over the hellbase before. That's an occupational hazard/flying-demonic-rape-enslavement waiting to happen.

11th Slate:
Work has been start on the removal of several, while popular, fucking monstrous ghosts. Hell's Tomb has been filled to the brim with memorial slabs. Why they didn't build bigger is beyond me...

I ordered rocks on the Armok's Temple hidden from view. It's the little things that make me better then everyone else. At least that's what the ladies tell me...

I've cleverly hidden the depressed dwarf in this picture. See if you can find him!
Also, why are there windows in these bedrooms? That's a right blunder of architecture right there; there are walls right behind them!

No wonder this fucking thing is taking forever.

21st Slate:

The barracks in hell looked a bit gloomy (I wonder why), so I decided to spruce it up! Silver roads; thus is [MANDATORY] in all parts of the hellbase.

Christ it's only been a month. There goes my fabulous optimism. Guess I'll just keep myself busy...

Ugh. I've started the long and awkward process of removing constructed floors, building up/down stairs, etc. 1x1 staircases are shit.

It might not seem like I've done much in this passing month, but this place is so busy that more often then not, only 1 or 2 pieces are under construction at a time. Out of a building task featuring hundreds of pieces of walls and floors. On the plus side, 30 useless fuckwit dwarven farmers means that our threshes are thoroughly threshed, our potash is thoroughly potashed and our sheep our thoroughly sheered.

Oh wait, we don't have any of that roundabout, useless shit. That stuff is for elves, humans and assholes.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:18:03 pm by Mitchewawa »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 11, 2011, 03:03:39 am »

Chapter 5: Four Fun Fucking Firsts

Time flies on, my boredom drives me nuts. There's no foiiightin' to be had! Perhaps this is why the other overseers were as insane as a berserk-military-dwarf-who-just-failed-a-mood-and-all-his-friends-died-and-also-smells.

1st Felsite:

My very first death! How exciting!
I've been exploring the cause of death, and apparently the previous overseer sent this dwarf on an errand then removed the stairs back from behind him. Woops. I've ordered the stairs put back so we can dump his smelly corpse in a coffin all respectful-like.

I found someone's ode to multiculturalism, at least for the animal kingdom. Sooo many exotic animals for me to not care about!

My first mood! Shame it's a shitty metal crafter; I'm going to get some retarded trinket instead of a cool battle axe or something.
Oh well, work continues...

...slowly.

17th Felsite:
Horror! I was removing one of the ramps into our base from hell, when a mere child was set upon by a Forgotten Beast!

The child runs with all of his might, but right into the depths of hell! He has escape the beast, but I do not think I will ever see him again.

Woe! Dwarfs working on the construction are set upon as well! At least they ran the right way this time; into the base.

It seems this newb dwarf is leading the charge; apparently trying to show off his dodging skills. My first combat in my 3 months!
...and it's over in a flash. The monster dies relatively quickly, spraying blood everywhere. He didn't even use his 'beware thee poisonous bite!'.

Holy shit! The child survived! He ran all the way into hell, then came back! My first not-tragedy!

Eye of the Giant Leopard, kiddo.

Felsite 20th:

I guess I was proven wrong.

Magnificent! This room is far greater then my previous furnishings (which were close to the surface)!

Thus ends a fantastic month!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:19:39 pm by Mitchewawa »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:54 am »

That Doren kid is hardcore. Someone make a note of him, and draft him if he makes it to adulthood.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 175