Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832667 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1140 on: December 24, 2011, 06:52:15 pm »

My old dorf's ghost had better do something murderous if my new dorf doesn't do anything lecherous.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 24, 2011, 07:29:39 pm »

The miasma in hell is there to taunt the demons.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 24, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Deathgate has smashed, dismembered, burned, tormented, taunted, raped, trapped, sealed in obsidian, and made gourmet meals out of demons.
What other things could we possibly do to further increase their humiliation?
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 24, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »

Deathgate has smashed, dismembered, burned, tormented, taunted, raped, trapped, sealed in obsidian, and made gourmet meals out of demons.
What other things could we possibly do to further increase their humiliation?

Flood it?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 24, 2011, 09:53:04 pm »

Grow sunberries.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 24, 2011, 10:06:51 pm »

Okay, so maybe there's plenty more to do.  :P

On another note, from what I've been reading, HFS may not be the deadliest thing to hit a fortress after DF 2011.
A Vampire Fortress might be worse- if everyone's a vampire, you'll have to pull serious string to make sure everyone has enough blood to drink, or vamp-dorfs will start dying quickly.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 24, 2011, 11:11:25 pm »

Okay, so maybe there's plenty more to do.  :P

On another note, from what I've been reading, HFS may not be the deadliest thing to hit a fortress after DF 2011.
A Vampire Fortress might be worse- if everyone's a vampire, you'll have to pull serious string to make sure everyone has enough blood to drink, or vamp-dorfs will start dying quickly.
That's true, of course, but they won't be magically added to Deathgate, even if it is save compatible (which I doubt). Oh well. Bloodgate will have it's turn.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 25, 2011, 12:14:23 am »

Hahaha! After Bloodgate has an army of superdwarvenly strong Vampdorfs, they can invade and control the HFS twice as fast as Deathgate did! But until then, Deathgate will work on researching the various 2 million uses for demons. And the amount of recent deaths is very dorfy. Have you considered cremating dorfs instead of burying them? Saves space, and it's dorfier.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 25, 2011, 02:57:36 am »

I still think you guys should build a giant DeathGate demonhead logo on the floor in Hell out of Adamantine

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 25, 2011, 11:37:10 pm »

The life of Mitchewawa, Ruler of Deathgate

Chapter 12: Rupture all of our anuses

Construction continues; damned to be known as an insane idiot, I'm a practical one!
And I would like to take a moment out of my time to remind everyone the sheer size of our great fortresses history;

Deathgate's story will never stop being written. Whether, like today, etched onto adamantine-plated gold-gilded obsidian stone, or like the past, etched into the side of a deceased, half-eaten dwarf. Deathgate's story will not die.

14th Limestone:
Our Dwarven civilisation does not have any important leaders. I assume this means we'll never receive a monarch?

Moods are low, people have had to suffer such tragedies as 'Suffered the death of a pet', and 'Had to eat a spouse to survive'. It's depressing. If only they had some free time to appreciate our fine statue gardens and dining rooms. Make friends. Make new spouses?

20th Limestone:
Migrants! Lighten the load lads; get some rest! We have wagon-people here to do our jobs for us!

Found a cat just lying around like this. Can't be a good sign. Coincidentally, a stray pup died of infection.

24th Limestone:
Had to knock down bits of wall to accommodate new archery rangers. I hope no demons show up to rupture all of our anuses with their demonic phalli. Gives us a chance to bury the dead though. The engineers have told me that "Dwarfs pathing to hell has dropped my 'Eff-Pee-Ess' from 30 to 10." That can only bode poorly to the dwarf-time continuum.

This places suffers from some incredible base length issues. There are many jobs requiring people to walk over great distances, back and forth. Farms close to the surface, whereas our living rooms are close to hell. Workshops over a days walk. Stockpiles on the other side of the world! This is madness!

7th Sandstone:
Things are looking up. I've yet to see more than 4 depressed dwarfs, construction is progressing well.

This great beast cannot reach us, as the cavern layers have been walled off. It's rather interesting to see this thing wonder around, sniffing the fungiwood trees and stepping in cave spider webbing.

23rd Sandstone:
My my, two months gone by and this journal page isn't even full. Armok bless uneventful days(?)

Ordered a section of floor removed, at the bottom of the hellbase. The part that wasn't covering a section of the abyss. Why was it even there? I could have used those rocks.

The demons have moved away from our base. We are no longer under siege; now I can be safe knowing that I can knock down more wall blocking construction. We can also bury more of our dead stuck outside.

10th Timber:
You know, I liked it better when I was fearing for my life. Less boring. Man, do I hate all this progress, well being and hope... Hope we're attacked soon!

14th Timber

You know, I haven't had a good look at our front entrance. The outdoors scare me. There are a lot of traps; perhaps someone should have done this in hell? There's a drop trap, a ballista battery, weapon trap rows, cage traps... It all looks menacing, especially with its spikes of iron and gore.

Goblins ambushed the cage-trap hill. OoOOOHoOHoohoOOHooo...

A peasant with no skills in anything has entered a secretive mood. Everyone get ready; the high and mighty woodcrafters are going to have another in their ranks.

Production has started. Upright spear traps shall soon be placed.

I've ordered Ovg's peacock and her children slaughtered. Not like he'll need them now.

26th Timber:
Construction nearing completion. Production started. 3 months past. No casualties, injuries, or anything interesting of any kind. People have told me some magnificent ideas to pass the time; make a logo in hell, flood hell, make a new BATTERY in hell... None of which I either have the know-how, time or resources to do.

Oh, I was wrong. He's not a woodcrafter now, he's a mason. Much better!

6th Moonstone:
Last season until the new election. Iiiiiim so boooooored. Now I hope I don't get re-elected.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 25, 2011, 11:52:32 pm »

You make a logo in hell by just laying down adamantine floors in the shape you want.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 26, 2011, 06:25:02 am »

Nah, I'm currently using the adamantine. I am making 90 menacing spikes.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 26, 2011, 09:40:35 am »

Nah, I'm currently using the adamantine. I am making 90 menacing spikes.

That'd be even better.  What else says "Deathgate" better than the demon-face logo in admanatine spikes upon the surface of Hell itself?  I'm sure there's some half-crippled dwarf that can be used as a lever-puller somewhere...

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:22 am »

I'm still in favor of freezing over Hell.  It seems...appropriate.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 26, 2011, 12:39:18 pm »

We should collect the blood of our enemies. Tap it off the caged goblins and trolls and use the blood as paint in hell. We can sneak into the demons homes and paint "fear us" on their walls. "Now you know why you fear the dwarfs."

Hell will fear our existence. No longer are they the demons. Those coredwellers will fear us the true demons!
NOT a friendly dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 175