Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836862 times)

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1155 on: December 26, 2011, 01:26:46 pm »

So, What was Al the whole time doing?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 27, 2011, 02:32:07 am »

So, What was Al the whole time doing?

Al is a fucking grand master marksdwarf. Impressive!

I'm still in favor of freezing over Hell.  It seems...appropriate.

It's only just early winter right now, and the tiny brook has already frozen over.

Nah, I'm currently using the adamantine. I am making 90 menacing spikes.

That'd be even better.  What else says "Deathgate" better than the demon-face logo in admanatine spikes upon the surface of Hell itself?  I'm sure there's some half-crippled dwarf that can be used as a lever-puller somewhere...
It slipped my mind, but there's no room in hell for a demon-face logo. It's hilly. Besides, making another demon-face would just be derivative

E: Ohh! I forgot to mention! Earlier on when I stopped posting for a week due to my computer getting upgraded, I made friends with the computer shop guy because he noticed I had Dwarf Fortress on my computer. When I picked the computer up we talked for about half an hour on methods for killing everything (demons, goblins, elves, immigrants). Man I love this game.

EE:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:59:01 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:26 am »

It slipped my mind, but there's no room in hell for a demon-face logo. It's hilly. Besides, making another demon-face would just be derivative

Fair enough

EE:

And it was crafted in a cave! WITH A BOX OF STONES!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 27, 2011, 07:16:20 pm »

EE:

I love this fort.  What other fort has legions of Iron Men in their lore, a sword made out of demon fire, and enough gore to make eight Gorn films?
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:26 am »

The life of Mitchewawa, Ruler of Deathgate

Chapter 13: Wonder If Anyone Reads My Titles  OR  Champion of Armok  OR  I would bear his children  OR  The Final Chapter

23rd Moonstone:
Construction nearly completed. Wafers nearly smelted. Adamantine spikes barely started.

4th Opal:
Sigh, so bored.

1st Obsidian:
I've noticed some...

... strangely redundant roads.
Also some twat decided to make a forge out of adamantine. Fuck whoever did that.

Goblin ambush. Some poor sucker is getting chased...

...and he just fucking killed someone!

And a fucking 'nother one!

HOLY FUCK. WE MIGHT JUST HAVE A CHAMPION OF ARMOK RIGHT THE FUCK HERE.

I am so fucking glad I got to see that! One dwarf, no skills, a fucking bronze axe, just took down four goblins on his own. Without jumping off the bridge. Now unfortunately, all extremely cool things must come to an end...

He was taken down by a whole team of goblins; at least another 5. He died knowing that I want to bear so much of his seed.
'Tis a sad yet glorious way to spend my last day as overseer.
Fare thee well, olde faithful occupation companion.

Here is what I've done so far to the hellbase:

Soon I shall expand our crafting section to accommodate more craftdwarf shops and forges; our strand extraction and spike forging is being outpaced by our wafer creation. Here is the gist of it:

To future overseers;
Oh I wish I had more time, I'd use an abandoned adamantine shaft to aqueduct water into hell. However, I've been busy as fuck. I've only got one month left, and most of that will be spent on the new crafting stations. If you're stuck, I have a to-do list for you to complete.

Next overseer to-do:
- A legendary carpenter just went fey. Do what he asks.
- There's still some goblins out the front, I've got my super awesome updated burrow and alert going, so your dwarfs shouldn't run outside.
- Finish off the adamantine spikes, get all 90 of them.
- Finish off crafting stations (if I haven't), you'll need 'em to speed up spike production.
- Place all 90 spikes across 9 different UPRIGHT SPEAR TRAPS (not weapon traps!) across the section labelled '12' on my map.
- Keep your workers protected in hell! I blocked off all access to the outside.
- Link them all to one lever, preferably near the living area (hotkey F4). Use only the finest mechanisms (if affects hit chance).
- Keep said lever on repeat and lock the door behind my front gate to stop dwarfs from stepping on your spikes.
- If you want to create an aqueduct of water or magma (I damn hope water, a well in hell would be nice as fuck), use the abandoned (and closed over) adamantine spire south of the main hellbase entry spire. I think people still use the top part of that spire to get to and from somewhere, so be sure to make a shortcut to wherever it is they're travelling.
- I believe the military and its schedule could use some working on. Not everyone is equipped with adamantine armour, though I do believe they're thoroughly supplied with enough weapons. Nearly everyone is poorly trained (except those fucking marksdwarfs).
- Have fun!

Notice how my final update was my 13th post? Anyway, I have posted exactly 87 pictures during my time as overseer. It was a great experience, and I have learned massively from it.
Now here's your save, don't get us all killed (especially me, whose house is at the bottom of hell):
Save

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 28, 2011, 12:32:41 am »

...wow.  I can think of no better way to end Mitchewawa's most excellent reign than with a woodcutter with no combat skills killing four goblins singlehandedly before subsequently dying a glorious death in battle.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 28, 2011, 12:50:55 am »

That was a glorious end to your turn, Mitchewawa.  If that dwarf had survived, I was going to suggest that he be removed from the list of dwarfable candidates for badassery of the highest order.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 28, 2011, 02:17:06 am »

I think the fact he died was partially my fault. I assumed Logem the Ultimate Badass would've gone inside to treat his wound, but instead he stayed outside to pick up a xXpig tail trenchcoatXx off one of the bodies to hold his gigantic balls. Didn't see the second squad of goblins either.

E: I think the funniest thing is that his only status ailment from losing a fucking hand was not 'Extreme Pain', instead he felt a little thirsty. Lucky he had his axe in his left hand.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:45:27 am by Mitchewawa »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 28, 2011, 05:37:08 am »

Oh how I wished that dwarf had lived.  I would've ordered that axe bound to his right nub and changed his name to Logem Goblinraper, the Ultimate Badass.

Alas, that shall not happen.

Flaede has been notified of his turn.  Damn fine work Mitchewawa!  You made our dwarves proud.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 28, 2011, 06:45:38 am »

E: I think the funniest thing is that his only status ailment from losing a fucking hand was not 'Extreme Pain', instead he felt a little thirsty. Lucky he had his axe in his left hand.

Of course he was thirsty!  Thirsty for BLOOD!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 29, 2011, 05:38:05 pm »

nm.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:14:05 pm by BullDog »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:04 am »

Flaede hasn't responded.  It's velard's turn now.

He has until January 1st, 2012, at 7:30 AM Eastern Standard Time to respond.  (He'll get this in a PM of course.)

God damn that date looks ominious.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 30, 2011, 07:42:51 am »

Flaede hasn't responded.  It's velard's turn now.

He has until January 1st, 2012, at 7:30 AM Eastern Standard Time to respond.  (He'll get this in a PM of course.)

God damn that date looks ominious.

Might want to give Flaede till Jan 2nd to be on the safe side - public holiday and all that

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:49 am »

First come, first serve; Velard or Flaede.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 30, 2011, 06:50:03 pm »

I would LOVE to take over right now! However, I need to make sure I don't screw myself over at school first. I'll be ready to take over no later than mid-January. I hope Flaede can take over after the holidays! If not, maybe Rytak should take over, having Deathgate go idle, even temporarily would be a shame. Gotta keep the BUMP-fires lit!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 175