Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835978 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1230 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:20 am »

I'd like to request a turn, by the way.  I promise to bring my full Hellish experience to the community hell-fort.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 19, 2012, 02:49:22 am »

Okay. I'm ready for my turn. The current save is a .rar so does anyone know of a good converter to convert it to a .zip?

edit: or even an extractor program?
thanks
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 19, 2012, 02:52:53 am »

Winrar.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 19, 2012, 02:55:20 am »

Winrar.
Thanks. I've downloaded the save.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02:15 am »

Journal of Eoganachta, Military Commander of the Mountainhome of Deathgate. Acting Ruler after Military Coup of Hematite 770.

18 Hematite, 770
Due to the recent string of deaths and failure of the civil authorities to control the situation, martial law has been imposed on Deathgate. I, Eoganachta, as ranking military commander of the Mountainhome have assumed command. I hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible. Even though I have not been close to anyone besides Lun and Moldath, the weather and the cavern and mountain gods respectively. Instead I hope to earn the respect of the people through deeds and merits alone; my slaying of the Forgotten Beast Agen in 767 and a disgusting crundle. May I never encounter one of those horrid things again!
I have ransacked the office of the previous ruler and I have found a list of plans:
-Move military closer to hell. The traps can take care of the goblins.
-Put roof on the new wing of the Hell fort.
-Refill the military with better troops and train them constantly.
-Use the caged goblins as recruit fodder?
-Make coffins if needed and clean up corpses. 2 have already risen as ghosts.
It seems that he listened when I was advising him. I will continue these plans.

I received the news of an attack on our coleny in Hell after forcing the current ruler to back down, and negotiating that the he keeps his life providing that he persuades the people to follow me. I assued him that this coup will be short term but I didn’t think he believed me. In response I kept the order to slay the monster and rushed down myself to support the troops.
On the way I was briefed. Nazomnalthish Shashrurast the Sky Blue Fiend had broken into the Hell base, its methods unknown. Ral Lacog and Ushrir Sekra Atolamost Boozemeister attacked the fiend. Seconds later I thought I could hear their screams. As I reached the upper limits of the Hell base I received word that a Johnnydigs had bled to death, apprarently he was a favourite among the miners. He shall not be missed. And Ingish Nishiseth apparently died as well, struck down by the fiend.
I have also employed a representative of the fort’s mechanics to assist me with the use of the various devices around the fortress. After cutting off the only means of entry to the fortress the monster retreated over the corpses of the fallen and outwards to hunt down the dwarves that had strayed too far from the Hell base. After hearing that a bridge situated at the forefront of the Hell fort could stop further entry by the monsters I ordered it sealed. Now we can reclaim our fallen and prepare for the next onslaught.
With the Hell fort now secure, and Nazomnalthish Shashrurast the Sky Blue Fiend attempting the murder one Cog Lorbamrag outside the Hell fort permeter with a cave spider silk cap, we can clean up the mess that the civilian contractors have made in earnest.
Not too bad for my first day on the job, eh.

:P

23rd Hematite, 770
I have ordered the creation of the squad The Gilded Fields, I hope that they shall recreate this wasteland in the imaged from which they are named. Paving Hell in gold is a nice thought.
I have also ordered the movement of all squads to the Hell base. Here they shall train, eat, and sleep. Here they shall be ready to fend off any attack from the denizens of the underworld. To arms!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 19, 2012, 04:06:17 am »

Nice, I like the militarist policy.  Is my dorfette soldier still alive?  I know I've asked that question a million times, but considering the short life expectancy in Deathgate...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 19, 2012, 04:16:46 am »

Nice, I like the militarist policy.  Is my dorfette soldier still alive?  I know I've asked that question a million times, but considering the short life expectancy in Deathgate...
Thank you. Considering my dorf is commander I thought it was appropriate.
I have found two Baelors in the 'deceased' list. The first page of lists you dorfed as 'Baelor the Rightous' but I can't find anyone with that name in the lists. Is that your latest dorf's name?
Otherwise he kicked the bucket somewhere along the line.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:22:21 am by Eoganachta »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 19, 2012, 04:41:14 am »

Two dead dorfs.  I'm really not that surprised.

Once again, pwetty pwease, redorf me, gender I don't care, name, Baelor the third.

Can you give him/her a weapon, armor and a LOT of training, please? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 19, 2012, 05:04:12 am »

Done.

6th Malachite, 770
After regrouping what little of the military was left in the Hell base I gave the order for the bridge to be lowered and for the soldiers to charge. The archers managed to deploy on the field first, however their training seemed inadequate because they proceeded to club Nazomnalthish Shashrurast, who returned the favour with its cave spider silk cap. Amidst the confusion the monster lost the cave spider silk cap and utilized the full and deadly use of its claws, gutting Verlard, Cog, and Germayne. Although several soldiers survied the slaughter, including Baelor the third, the slaying of Nazomnalthish Shashrurast is given to Bulldog, who will be rewarded with high military valour and a promotion to squad leader of the Faithful Spears. His axe will be needed in the storm ahead.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 19, 2012, 11:21:23 am »

squad leader of the Faithful Spears. His axe will be needed in the storm ahead.
???
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 19, 2012, 01:12:10 pm »

At least that fiend is dead. I was seriously unprepared for how strong demons are.

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 19, 2012, 03:12:32 pm »

It seems my dwarf is dead too. Could I get a redorf? Al II, and make her/him marksdwarf again.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 19, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »

squad leader of the Faithful Spears. His axe will be needed in the storm ahead.
???
Yeah, I found that odd too.

At least that fiend is dead. I was seriously unprepared for how strong demons are.

Me too, actually. I'm having serious problems with just a few brutes and an untrained military. I also didn't help that I inherited the save with a brute inside the Hell fort. :( In hindsight I think the best option would have been to lock the whole fort down and train a military up to be acutally able to take on the demons. The layout is so messy that it takes ages for any troops to move from the upper fort to the Hell fort. I've tried to fix the mess up a bit but I've had delays (including a sock murdering Brute).

It seems my dwarf is dead too. Could I get a redorf? Al II, and make her/him marksdwarf again.
Done. But the fort's a little short of marksdwarves at the moment. So I've made you an axe dwarf.

I'll get an update up soon.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 19, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

7th Malachite, 770
With the immediate danger dealt with I can now properly review the documentation, or rather lack of, of Deathgate and decide where we can cut back. All our resources should be devoted to the underworld. Therefore I have ordered unused parts of the upper fortress to be sealed off. These include the old magma forges and the eccentric monuments erected by previous rulers. While the Temple above ground is impressive we cannot spend precious resourses defending it. The BATTERY, as my mechanical advisors dub it, is overgrown with cavern growth and clearly inoperable. Adding to the confusion someone mentioned that the leg and arm of one Rith Kuduzol remains at the bottom of a pond of water several stories deep. How it arrived there is a mystery because the pool is closed off completely closed off... No, apparently it is open at the well in the upper fort. After ordering the floor hatch open my stomach dropped at the sight of the drop and retched at the smell. There is also a throne room with a massive water feature through its length. However the presence of the water appears unintentional and from what scribbles I can find from the earliest rulers I can only assume it was an accident. Due to the disuse and infrequency of traffic to such a remote area I have claimed it as my own. While the idea of having the room as the seat of my power is appealing, it is too far removed from the rest of the fortress to be of any practical use, not the mention that some dwarves speak of the curse of the platinum throne. Before I took up my role as Military Commander of Deathgate I would have dismissed such things as superstition and the work of idle minds. However fighting demons in the underworld does change one’s perspective on what is possible. To be on the safe side I ordered the chamber sealed. However I still retain the right to sit on the throne.

8th of Malachite, 770
I have received word of an Oppossem Brute harassing the teams I sent to collect the fallen and wounded. Only Onuk Koganshis, I am told that he is a doctor of sorts, was able to engage. With nothing but a black bear leather hood and a masterwork adamantine spear I can only hope for the best. While the Brute is distracted by the fallen the Doctor of Sorts stabs it from behind, chipping bone and spilling its guts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fallen soldier appears to be none other than Tholtig Amalerush the Murderer. I do not find the use of prisoners as fodder repulsive in a military scenario. The fact that he is missing his entire right leg doesn’t truly concern me either.
The Doctor of Sorts managed to wound the Brute and forced it to retreat. Meanwhile Deduk Noramnish sucms to infection. No matter. I give the order for the squads staging inside the Hell fort to charge. After causing great injury to the Brute Doctor of Sorts collapsed, apparently unable to stand and bleeding. Shem Egenasob, a swordsdwarf, arrived on the scene and charges the Brute. Derm, the Mayor of Deathgate and one of the nobles I allowed to remain in power in return for support of my coup, appeared on the scene and had his legs broken. Shem also had his leg broken. Bealor the Third also arrived and engaged the enemy. Shem has been killed.
A second Oppossem Brute arrived on the scene and I gave the order to retreat. Amist the chaos Baelor the Third was slain. Although his service was quick he shall be missed. I ordered the mechanics to operate the levers that worked the spike traps in the Hell fort but they seemed confused by the order. They could not find the relevant documentation.
Tacobell has been struck down and Thob Udarfeb leapt into a deep chasm to avoid the two Brutes.
In response to the situation developing in the underworld I have ordered the Hell base sealed. Several dwarves were trapped outside but due to the lack of organisation there was no other choice. They will be missed, their equipment more so. In an effort to destroy the Brutes I have decided to engage myself. In the confusion of the assault the recruit Eral Fikodushrir retreated, a Brute pursued and I managed to behead the monster. Now only one remains. With my trusty adamantine short sword I shall slay this Brute and finally earn the total respect of the people of Deathgate. After this they shall accept my leadership and we can finally claim the underworld was our own!
I managed to remove the left arm of the Brute. I continued my attack and rained blow after blow onto the beast.

11th Malachite, 770
Now there only remain two more beasts in the underworld brave enough to challenge us. I gave the order to fall back to the Hell fort. We need to reorganise. We need to prepare.
And Derm the Mayor and Doctor of Sorts perished after no one bothered to help them. I think that this is the perfect time for a rearrangement of the ruling class...

13th Malachite, 770
I got lost again while heading down to the Hell fort. I need to employ a cartographer to map this place. Although the others don’t seem to think that this is a good idea. Why would rendering this place on paper or stone be a bad idea?

15th Malachite, 770
I have condensed the military into a few large squads. Because of the time wasted by squad members trying to find equipment the last attack was a mess. Therefore the two largest squads have been ordered to employ whatever they wish. This shall reduce the time wasted and it might make things more effective. Hopefully.
Another Oppossum Brute was spotted and the military deployed. A few members were on hand at the time and they engaged. I can only hope for the best. Bomrek Cogusen engaged. I can only hope that he knows what he’s doing with no equipment. Although the sock and trousers employed by the Brute seems even more ineffectual. Several dwarves have arrived to watch the fight, cheering poor Bomrek on. I feel only bravery for that poor dwarf. I hope he doesn’t leave too much of a mess.
I have also received reports of Boiling Banshees on the outer limits of the Hell colony. I do not like our prospects at the moment.
Ast was strangled to death by the Brute and Bembul Keskalmezum was killed by a blow to the head by a sock. A sock!
I need to find a drink. Bomrek, the naked wrestler, fled after suffering minor injuries, I over estimated his stupidity for bravery. The crowd that had gathered quickly dispersed, their moral shattered. I might have to put this Brute down myself.
Bomrek was slaughtered by that damn sock. And our new mayor, little more than a pawn in my plans, was also attacked. The Brute moved with an unnatural speed and thrust the sock into his throat. The poor guy fell into the endless pits below.
I retrieved my sword and took off in pursuit. This madness ends now!

The fight was short. The Brute was too strong and I was injured too much to continue the fight. With blood pouring from open wounds I staggered out of the Hell fort, trying to lure the demon out. It followed. I do not think I shall remain long on this plane.
The Brute slaughtered another soldier and returned to the assault of the Hell fort. Several civilians and some fresh recruits were killed. The mechanics managed to seal the Hell fort, unfortunately I and several others remain outside. I can only hope that the Brute doesn’t find me.
Oh, please Armok! I don’t want to die like this!

But I must end this. Finding the strength I attempted to engage. The Brute charged and took me off guard. It rained blows on me but each blow is stopped my armour. Praise adamantine! Its strength is unrivalled. Now to end this!
I fade in and out of conscious. Everything is darkness. My head hurts for some reason.

22nd Malachite, 770
Journal of Acting Ruler of Deathgate
The actual Ruler is suffering from repetitive blunt force trauma to the face in the underworld; therefore I have stepped up to command the fort in his absence. I can actually see him from the Hell fort... so much blood.
Besides continuing the building of the Hell fort we have had a recent wave of migrants arrive. Apparently they have not received any updated news of the recent months.

23rd Malachite, 770
Journal of Acting Ruler of Deathgate
Our esteemed Military Commander has been killed defending the Mountainhomes. He was murdered by Shadmaloggez Damid Sikel, or Confusedholes the Witch of Hoods in the common tongue, the Opossum Brute. We shall avenge his death!
The Hell fort has been sealed. The Brute has managed to break into the lowest level through a hole in the wall made in an attempt to seal the nearly walled off courtyard. We will attempt to close it when the Brute is distracted.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:18:12 pm by Eoganachta »

Nota

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

I would like to be dorfed
Name: Nota
Profession: !!Biology!!
Jobs: Anything to do with magma... Or pets
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 175