Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832643 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1245 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:30 pm »

THREE dead dorfs.  I'm really not that surprised.

Once again, pwetty pwease, redorf me, gender I don't care, name, Baelor the 4th.

Can you give him/her a weapon, armor and a LOT of training, please?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 19, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »

I would like to be dorfed
Name: Nota
Profession: !!Biology!!
Jobs: Anything to do with magma... Or pets

THREE dead dorfs.  I'm really not that surprised.

Once again, pwetty pwease, redorf me, gender I don't care, name, Baelor the 4th.

Can you give him/her a weapon, armor and a LOT of training, please?

Done and Done.

Group poll: What is our stance on danger rooms? If we were to use them then it would cut down on the number of deaths and allow us to build the fort faster.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:30:29 pm by Eoganachta »
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 20, 2012, 02:19:13 am »

I ordered the mechanics to operate the levers that worked the spike traps in the Hell fort but they seemed confused by the order. They could not find the relevant documentation.

I couldn't get the lever set up before my turn was over, and I don't know of if Eldes connected it all up. So yeah, you got another job.

Nice writing by the way!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 20, 2012, 02:49:08 am »

I ordered the mechanics to operate the levers that worked the spike traps in the Hell fort but they seemed confused by the order. They could not find the relevant documentation.

I couldn't get the lever set up before my turn was over, and I don't know of if Eldes connected it all up. So yeah, you got another job.

Nice writing by the way!

I'm trying to link them between the demon attacks. but there is an unknown delay between ordering the fort sealed and the fort actually being sealed so if I make a mistake then we're going to need a few more coffins.
Thanks.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 20, 2012, 03:18:54 am »

1th Galena, 770
After the recent death of our great military leader, General Eoganachta, his favourite son, who’s true identify was until this time unknown to the other dwellers of the Mountainhomes, was proclaimed by Armok to be the next ruler of Deathgate. All hail Eoganachta Jong Un, Party Leader of Deathgate.

26th Galena, 770
Party Leader’s Journal
Libash Berrith, Armourer, has been struck by not another demon but by unknown forces. He found some adamantine wafers and began work. I hope that his creation will be a suitable tribute to me.
The Brute that killed my father has evaded us, however, and there are more pressing issues than revenge. Perhaps one day I will take my satisfaction.

3rd Limestone, 770
As my father instructed, the Hell fort’s courtyard has been sealed after the Brute demon fled. We watch to the north where more demons gather in a vain attempt to destroy us. Most of the population has been moved deeper into the halls above the magma sea.
I have also inspected the armoury and found the tallies incorrect. When I politely inquired why such bad bookkeeping should be tolerated I was told that a large amount of the equipment on ledger was still on the uncollected corpses of the fallen. Some of the bodies will never be recovered others are too dangerous to attempt. We have lost about five-and-twenty dwarves since the military coup, but with the better care of the military I hope that we shall not lose too many more.

8th Limestone, 770
Libash Berrith, Armourer, has produced Duthalenas, the Worthy Doctrines, an adamantine buckler valued by our broker at 1195200 gold coins. More than a king’s ransom! Although it’s a beautiful example of craftdwarfship, its practical use is very limited. It has been added to the armoury for future use if deemed worthy.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:23 am »

It's a good thing Armok, unlike Khorne, doesn't grow stronger from brutal deaths.  Otherwise he would've entered Deathgate and ate all our dwarves.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:12 am »

Could I get a heads-up on my dorf?  I tried picking a "safe" role, but after that massacre I don't have high hopes for Kenbo the Armorer's survivability.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:48 pm »

Could I get a heads-up on my dorf?  I tried picking a "safe" role, but after that massacre I don't have high hopes for Kenbo the Armorer's survivability.
He appears to be suffering from a fb syndrome that has blistered all his skin but otherwise he is as fine as anyone else in deathgate.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 21, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »

So diseased, rotting, almost dead, insane, or any combination of the above?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 22, 2012, 01:25:32 am »

10th Limestone, 770
Due to the recent lack of demonic activities around the Hell fort I have unsealed it and allowed the civilians to retrieve the equipment and bodies of the fallen. Now we can finish the spike trap and try to expand the fort a little more.

19th Limestone, 770
Our scouts have spotted a Flame Banshee, although the warning came too late and with dwarves still working on the ground a few squads have been ordered to protect the courtyard. I have heard that beings of flame tend to lack the fortitude of a dwarf, this we shall see.

22nd Limestone, 770
The Flame Banshee has been slain. Through dwarves daring we have killed a being composed only of hellfire. Although the soldiers were unable to land many blows the demon was unable to injure the armoured dwarves. A feast has been prepared in their honour. Now we can continue the building of the Hell fort.

24th Limestone, 770
Curses! A second Banshee managed to break through our lines undetected and has entered the Hell fort. The military, training upstairs at the time, was dispatched and will end this unholy menace without further ado.

10th Sandstone, 770
Our borders in Hell are quiet. No more demons have been sighted and the work on cleaning and expanding the Hell fort is painfully slow. The new militia has begun training and I am hoping they will be ready in time. I have begun plans to increase the effectiveness of the base by adding a well, although it will have to be feed by bucket teams this will reduce the walking distance required to refill waterskins.
Also some migrants arrived. Apparently news doesn’t get around like it use to.

16th Sandstone, 770
I have found a pit leading straight into the magma sea and I have ordered the mass pitting of unneeded livestock. May it be noted that this has nothing to do with me tripping over a kitten yesterday and falling down several flights of stairs.

18th Sandstone, 770
A Boiling Banshee has been spotted to the north. Operations in the Hell fort will have to be scaled back to include only work inside the fort. The fallen shall remain where they fell for now.
The current state of the military is pathetic but serviceable. The massive amounts of good quality armour and weapons will serve nicely although some items do have stains that we can’t seem to get out.

27th Sandstone, 770
Three Haunts of Fire have been spotted. With the soldiers not ready to engage I have again forbid activites outside the Hell base.

16th Timber, 770
One of the Haunts of Fire has entered the Hell base through a hole in one of the quarters overlooking a bottomless pit. The flaw in this structure is overwhelmingly obvious that I fail to see how one responsible did not realise the error when faced with flying demons. Hopefully the military will fix what civilian authorities break, without too many deaths this time.

21st Timber, 770
A goblin ambush was sighted by the main gates on the surface. No squads have been deployed due to the little threat they pose. I doubt even they would get past the traps the former rulers have installed.
Also due to the large turn out to the ‘throw a puppy into molten rock’ day I’ve cancelled it until the Hell fort’s new wing is finished. Needless to say the butchers will continue their duty.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 22, 2012, 03:52:30 am »

Is That Aussie Dwarf: Noticer of Things still alive?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 22, 2012, 03:55:34 am »

I'm afraid no one else but him is capable of noticing rather or not he is still alive.

Har de har.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 22, 2012, 04:01:12 am »

I'm afraid no one else but him is capable of noticing rather or not he is still alive.

Har de har.

You may laugh now, but just remember:  My turn is coming soon...

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 22, 2012, 04:10:54 am »

Har de har.

You may laugh now, but just remember:  My turn is coming soon...

Last I checked, yes he is alive and kicking.
At the moment I'm trying to get the general population down into the secondary fort above the Hell fort. The game's doing some strange things like idle masons not taking construction jobs (the courtyard needs to be covered as soon as possible.) even though the burrows, access and materials are all good. Canceling and building them again seems to have fixed most of it. The military is in a better shape now with the squads trainning in the Hell base so they are on hand to fend off demon attacks. Hopefully I can get some extentions to the base done and get the spike trap working. :)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:13 am »

16th Timber, 770
One of the Haunts of Fire has entered the Hell base through a hole in one of the quarters overlooking a bottomless pit. The flaw in this structure is overwhelmingly obvious that I fail to see how one responsible did not realise the error when faced with flying demons. Hopefully the military will fix what civilian authorities break, without too many deaths this time.

Oh yeah, I meant to put a hatch cover over that but I got distracted. Didn't think demons could path through glowing pits anyway, despite flying. Oh well, at least I patched up every other hole in the roof.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 175